Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
Agree with Hio. Bouncing off the rev limiter isn't going to throw a rod. If it was that dangerous, then nobody would use a two step launch either. It works the same way by cutting out at a set RPM. That car was already in trouble.

Good runs OP.
Thats not what blows the motor its over revving it compounded with the bouncing on and off it

It bouncing off a limiter at 7k vs 3k is 2 different things.....
Old 09-09-2013, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you see me defending 2V's and 3V's?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
It doesn't matter, he's gotta find a way to dig at Fords.

I saw your response to the LS7 thing, so you're saying the GM motor has to have the factory exhaust valves replaced in order to avoid catastrophic failure? From the factory? Man oh man.
This is a known issue. Google LS7 exhaust valve and look at the results...just counting out your "Not the way I do it" or "Not my fault they can't drive" sort of responses that you always seem to give when there's news that people's GM **** breaks or doesn't run .8 seconds faster than the average time for that vehicle with the mods it has. There's always a reason why things don't apply to you.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Those 2 engines alone shoulda made people never look at a ford again.......must less sustain a business on. **** your post alone means 2v and 3v's suck.......That would put 4v's at barely adequate.
Originally Posted by snake95
It doesn't matter, he's gotta find a way to dig at Fords.

I saw your response to the LS7 thing, so you're saying the GM motor has to have the factory exhaust valves replaced in order to avoid catastrophic failure? From the factory? Man oh man.
This is a known issue. Google LS7 exhaust valve and look at the results...just counting out your "Not the way I do it" or "Not my fault they can't drive" sort of responses that you always seem to give when there's news that people's GM **** breaks or doesn't run .8 seconds faster than the average time for that vehicle with the mods it has. There's always a reason why things don't apply to you.
I said the valves are fine from what I have seen There is a issue but I think it is related to the guide. Like I said we road raced on the stock valve......How bad can it be?

Bashing on ford would mean that I make stuff up....which I don't. But ford guys do not like the facts repeated. I own one......learning all the bs voodoo **** to keep it alive is a pita.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Bashing on ford would mean that I make stuff up....which I don't. But ford guys do not like the facts repeated. I own one......learning all the bs voodoo **** to keep it alive is a pita.
This is the card you play now. You don't acknowledge any GM shortcomings or when they **** **** up, all you do is point out any Ford issues. Look how blind you're being about the exhaust valve on the LS7 instead of being a man and saying something like "Yeah man, **** sucks" and just moving past it. Just as I called, you said that YOU haven't seen it so ehh must not be an actual issue, that's fairy tale land right there. I haven't seen 95% of the Ford issues you claim are running rampant. Plenty of **** that leaves a lot to be desired with the F-body, but you don't point that out, either, just ignore it and hopes nobody calls you on that.

Last edited by snake95; 09-09-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

How am I being blind to the ls7 ex valve? I have told you my experience with it and what I have read points to the guide and not the valve. Sure it sucks that some have had the issue. What do you want me to do about it?

So you've never seen or known anyone with a spark plug spit out??? A cracked ex mani??? Anyone you know priced putting plugs in a 3v truck??

I have said on here before I'm not particularly happy with my 2500hd. It's had it's problems. But from talking to people I know with f250's I can say they are not any better off.

You ford guys get butt hurt over your **** being ****......but you dumbasses keep buying that ****. From 1990-2010 ford made mostly junk. Their new **** is good. But IDK how they sold **** in that 20 year period.

As far as a 4th gen goes.......For a car that come out of the early 90's to make as big a impact as it has made speaks for it's self. So far in 14yrs of owning my car the only thing that has broke that I haven't tore up is the dr side window motor. And it's had a hard life.....I yanked the Hurst shifter out at 700 miles and they fixed it under warranty. Broke a set of rotors @ 12,000 miles and they fixed it( broke another set @ 18,000 that they would'nt fix), broke the t-56 @ 26,000 and they put a new one in it. Hard to bash on a car that has been threw that or the company who made it.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 09-09-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Staging Lane

How am I being blind to the ls7 ex valve? I have told you my experience with it and what I have read points to the guide and not the valve. Sure it sucks that some have had the issue. What do you want me to do about it?

So you've never seen or known anyone with a spark plug spit out??? A cracked ex mani??? Anyone you know priced putting plugs in a 3v truck??

I have said on here before I'm not particularly happy with my 2500hd. It's had it's problems. But from talking to people I know with f250's I can say they are not any better off.

You ford guys get butt hurt over your **** being ****......but you dumbasses keep buying that ****. From 1990-2010 ford made mostly junk. Their new **** is good. But IDK how they sold **** in that 20 year period.

As far as a 4th gen goes.......For a car that come out of the early 90's to make as big a impact as it has made speaks for it's self. So far in 14yrs of owning my car the only thing that has broke that I haven't tore up is the dr side window motor. And it's had a hard life.....I yanked the Hurst shifter out at 700 miles and they fixed it under warranty. Broke a set of rotors @ 12,000 miles and they fixed it( broke another set @ 18,000 that they would'nt fix), broke the t-56 @ 26,000 and they put a new one in it. Hard to bash on a car that has been threw that or the company who made it.
****? The build quality comparison isn't even close if you ask me, but I get that's not why you buy an F-body. Don't talk sales, 03-09 Camaro/Firebird/whateverthefuckdoesn'tmatterbecauseitdidn'texist, enough said. I must've been in a coma during the time that Ford had to stop producing the Mustang.

LS1's were faster than the Mustangs during that time, we get it, it's what you hang on to. Dashes cracking, junk rears, rattly as ****, I could go on, all things you pull the ol "Welp, never happened to me so such an issue must not exist!" as you home-make your own clutch, can't launch hard (and make other cars sound like all-out blown rail cars when they launch at high rpms).

You point out any flaws Ford has made, and ignore any that GM makes (unless it's an excuse as to why something can't run XXX times, like when you told guys with cammed LS1s to pick a new hobby if they aren't trapping 115+)

You're biased and you try to call what you're saying "truth".
Old 09-09-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Google LS7 exhaust valve
No, YOU Google it. There is nothing wrong with the valves themselves. It's a guide wear issue, and it's NOT a GM problem - it's an oil problem.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

So all the people who've dropped exhaust valves are running the wrong oil?
Old 09-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Old 09-09-2013, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

So all the people who've dropped exhaust valves are running the wrong oil?

I have a couple of friends that have C6 Z06's and they are worried enough about the valve issue to the point that they are looking to put aftermarket heads on their cars.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one wants to admit their 80k cars have problems that would cause the motor to blow up......

just like no one comes on here talking about how they blew up their 5.3...
Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Whiplash88
Nice pic lol
I have done enough spark plug replacements, and repairs. As well as manifold replacements, on some of the newer f150s and e350s it just sucks. I would never want a ford. I work on them every day. Both of them and dodge there is not one that doesn't break. I just know chevy is better. I can't say that a 5.4 can out tow a 6.0. I've towed with them both. Plus if I want a bigger cam I would only want to buy one.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

somethings wasent right for that hci ls1
Old 09-09-2013, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

LoL, one of my friends had a Denali with the 6.0 and we bumped them off hauling our cars back from the track ( I have a 02 5.4 Expedition).

I got drug
Old 09-09-2013, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Good runs? I couldn't really see them... The rev limiter is designed to NOT blow up an engine... It usually works too, so that car had an existing problem... HIOSILVER GOT ONE RIGHT!!

That steaming pile of poop was probably a 5.4. I don't think they put a 4.6 in a 3/4 ton......If they did they didn't do it long.
They did. It wasn't all that long. As far as I remember, it was in the F-250 NON Super Duty. That would mean 97-99. It was also used on the E-250 for 1997.

Those 2 engines alone shoulda made people never look at a ford again.......must less sustain a business on. **** your post alone means 2v and 3v's suck.......That would put 4v's at barely adequate.
Yet the reality is so different, which almost fully explains some things... Your point of view is skewed, at very best. You're a hater, just like they say... Bias as the day is long... It doesn't help that you really don't know much about Ford engines in the 1st place. Then again, to me you don't know much about engines, period... so...

I said the valves are fine from what I have seen There is a issue but I think it is related to the guide. Like I said we road raced on the stock valve......How bad can it be?
A known problem... but not to you... That's kinda what I was just sayin' above... LOL

Anyway, valve problem, valve guide problem... problem either way. It's not just "a issue" in these based on all the comments. Point is, along with other GM lovers here, you're basically claiming GM has no problem, but Ford(and Dodge to some) do... HOGWASH! They all have problems.

You don't have much of an idea what you're saying when it comes to Ford. The problem I see(and it's totally validated by your comments) is that you REPEAT things you've heard, but not actually experienced, as if it must be gospel... ONLY about Ford. When it's GM and hasn't directly affected you, it's not a real problem according to you. Pretty clear at this point, since you put it together yourself in this very thread.

As was said... You are far more biased and compared to someone like Heater, well... no contest: you lose.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Banned

I just had a friend who put his c6z in the shop for a simple cam swap and ended up having to replace the valves because it was about to be a problem. Just saying
Old 09-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

I have a couple of friends that have C6 Z06's and they are worried enough about the valve issue to the point that they are looking to put aftermarket heads on their cars.
Yeah, I read a few threads over on corvetteforum, there are some worried people then people who say nope not a problem.

Whiplash, I looked at your post Kid, you're something else. Do you have a crush on me? I notice I'm the only one in your sig now. You honestly don't know how much the F-body guys facepalm when they read your ****. I wouldn't associate with you, either!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
somethings wasent right for that hci ls1
bang bang bang that limiter maybe itll go away LOL.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Whiplash, I looked at your post Kid, you're something else. Do you have a crush on me? I notice I'm the only one in your sig now. You honestly don't know how much the F-body guys facepalm when they read your ****. I wouldn't associate with you, either!

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's