Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 09:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I don't race but I raced that same weekend you said I would put the car in the wall....... and went 30 mph faster than you on a race track that same weekend....

Glad you admitted you would never shut up.....I'm sure you record yourself talking and reply it for yourself to hear considering how full of yourself you are with your Bio's on these Sites.....

I'm done you're getting blocked you're annoying and slow but I'm sure you'll be quoted from time to time for me to see how you're doing you kooky old man

and one more time

QUIT CRYING

Originally Posted by OVA1
ROFLMNAO! How fetching… You're done AGAIN? This is like the 20th time you've been DONE with it.

Therefore, given that, it doesn't come as a surprise, that you also claim ya "RACED"… thus implying that ya have some understanding of the word, despite the evidence showing that; as is the case with punctuation, you haven't a CLUE what it means.

The record shows that what ya DID, was that ya ran your car down a measured 1/4 mile course… which you described at the time as a "Test-n-tune"; informing the board that in your considered opinion: 'Reaction time doesn't matter in Test -n- Tune'.

To wit: (Here's YOU saying what ya said):

Test and tune is for getting your set up dialed in RTs are meaningless …
Here's where ya said it:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/17671793-post514.html

I Don't see any ''racing" in that… do YOU?

Of course, anyone that knows anything about the issue knows that Reaction Time is a critical factor in RACING.

Which while hysterical, is NOTHING in terms of the hilarity wherein ya claim to have run 30 mph faster, despite having run TWICE THE DISTANCE to get to that speed, all the while BLISSFULLY IGNORANT of this otherwise OBVIOUS consideration.

In truth, you were 'non-racing' in Orlando that week end, ONLY because you rejected your responsibility to be in NAPLES… where you were otherwise committed TO ACTUALLY RACE.

So we find that even as you come to your own defense to excuse your pathetic record on this board, as a lyin' reprobate, you return to this board to CONTINUE YOUR LIES, deflections and feckless DECEPTIONS… or what I've come to learn are an axiomatic symptom of your delusion.

LOL! You truly ARE the HALLMARK of contributors: "The Gift that keeps on Giving".

He's been blocked,

He can't help but come find me in a thread and start **** LoL

Now THAT is a SLIP… .

And the winner is: OVA1

Last edited by OVA1; 09-21-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So what wrong with yours and autostupid's gt500.

But I bet your 12sec slip means something.

Cool.....and mine does it on a tire I can drive anywhere on. And if you only knew how soft my launch is you would scratch your head. Trap speed = et potential. If we're on the street it will most likely rule.

Again.....why don't yours keep up with those? You make it seem so simple by posting vids I figured a monkey could do it. I guess monkey's are smarter than you.
Nothing is wrong with our cars derp. He just posted a vid with him going 1-1 with a blown c6 and mine has been getting the job done as well . Your trap speed is bs and yea just like it ruled against that bolton gtr lol . Seat time tires and supension would make my car and popcaps run the number.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Heater
LoL, so it gets flipped around to where I'm the loser?

Good job 408, to be a hodge podge of parts your car runs good.
I was hopeing to crack 10s, I had to bail on a couple passes, when the wife and kids see you trying to save it at 100mph there not happy. your car runs great. Interested to know what it runs on a good day and possibly on a bottle??? Its prob real fast.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by automach1
Nothing is wrong with our cars derp. He just posted a vid with him going 1-1 with a blown c6 and mine has been getting the job done as well . Your trap speed is bs and yea just like it ruled against that bolton gtr lol . Seat time tires and supension would make my car and popcaps run the number.
you get out of the 12's yet? almost 600rwhp you should be close to 10's
Old 09-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by "MAC"
you get out of the 12's yet? almost 600rwhp you should be close to 10's
Na 13s now
Old 09-21-2013, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
I was hopeing to crack 10s, I had to bail on a couple passes, when the wife and kids see you trying to save it at 100mph there not happy. your car runs great. Interested to know what it runs on a good day and possibly on a bottle??? Its prob real fast.
The heart of a champion… ^^CLASSY GUY!^^ A beacon of sportsmanship…

Well said… Both cars are running strong and You're both to be congratulated on a fine Slip-Race.

I know I'm happy… The Short race is Tucked in for the Week and the Big end, while edged out, remains comfortably within reach.

I really enjoyed the entire process. Should become a staple, weekly thing, for the balance of the season.

EDIT: .07 Off the 10 sec'd mark is about as close as it gets… Good try in a wet track!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Huh…

Then Evan, you're saying that these guys are full of crap?

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...ustang-lineup/

"… According to Luft, Shelby plans to continue to focus on small production runs of cars like the GT350, GTS and GT500 Super Snake and leave the large scale operations up to Ford. “We could never produce the volume that they produce,” he told us. “We’ve sized our business to build 500-600 cars per year. That’s our sweet spot. To ever do another production run like the GT was where it was 6,000 or 7,000 cars, it’s not in our game plan.”"
What is the contradiction? I'm assuming you don't realize the "super snake" is different from the typical GT500 you would drive off the lot from Ford.

You left out the main point of the article: “the contract [with Ford] has been extended, and we have a long-term vision for our relationship. It has been extended through 2015 and beyond.”

Nothing in that article mentioned design and manufacture.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

I was hoping to crack the 9's, that's how bad the track was. When we first got to the track, we saw several big tired bracket cars try to go down the track, only to let out of it by the 60ft mark due to being so far out of the groove. Seen a big tired Nova get so far out of shape that we thought he was going to tap the wall. Considering what the big tired cars looked like on the track, I have to say that I feel pretty good that my car on a small DOT Approved tire, didn't get out of shape nearly as bad as some of those cars.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mr. e
What is the contradiction? I'm assuming you don't realize the "super snake" is different from the typical GT500 you would drive off the lot from Ford.

You left out the main point of the article: “the contract [with Ford] has been extended, and we have a long-term vision for our relationship. It has been extended through 2015 and beyond.”

Nothing in that article mentioned design and manufacture.
I didn't leave anything out: I posted the link to the article.

But the Contradiction is in the premise being advanced by the GT500 contingent, that Shelby has no part in the GT500. In the Article, the Shelby group clearly feels otherwise. And you seem to want to have it both ways.

Either Shelby's team IS involved in the design of the GT500 or it is NOT. It is a simple equation: Yes/No, T/F, +/-, l/O >.<

But I anticipated this question, so I've taken the time to write an email to Shelby American:

"Dear Shelby Team,

Does "Shelby" have any input in the design and/or production of the GT500 badged with his name.

I ask because there is a strong contingent of GT500 drivers, who claim that Shelby has nothing to do with the car's design, and that Ford is just using the Shelby Brand, that there is no other potential correlation in the cars design and production with the Shelby Team and that Shelby's design prowess in the building of fast cars is otherwise untapped within the scope of the GT500.

If you're in any way interested in how the GT500 world sees the Shelby Badge, please follow this link:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...amaros-36.html

I for one would be very interested in knowing if Ford is scamming its buyers by badging a car which is otherwise wholly disassociated with the individual who's name sets that vehicle apart from the other Ford vehicles of the same fundamental model, coming off the same line…

Thank you for your time in considering this question.

Best regards,
Mike"

No doubt that they'll jump right on it… I surely expect to hear something back this afternoon, after they call in the Lawyers and Public Affairs teams to research the matter.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

I was hoping to crack the 9's, that's how bad the track was. When we first got to the track, we saw several big tired bracket cars try to go down the track, only to let out of it by the 60ft mark due to being so far out of the groove. Seen a big tired Nova get so far out of shape that we thought he was going to tap the wall. Considering what the big tired cars looked like on the track, I have to say that I feel pretty good that my car on a small DOT Approved tire, didn't get out of shape nearly as bad as some of those cars.
same here all the big dogs were packing it up early. Guy I met had a newer mustang. Had some kind of chrome badge on the fender??? He shut it down and still went 9 it was a trailer car. I drove my car 30 miles to get there. So I'm glad I didn't brake. Or hit the wall I only have a stock trans and driveshaft. Ill see if ova will post a pic of my car when he gets a chance. And I'm glad they didn't kick me out my car doesn't meet the requirements for my time
Old 09-21-2013, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Lol...someone *** glands are swollen.

Somethings got to be wrong cause all mod motors run 6's.

hey guys by the way the slip race means nothing......cause autostupid says timeslips don't mean anything.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Banned

Lol...someone *** glands are swollen.

Somethings got to be wrong cause all mod motors run 6's.

hey guys by the way the slip race means nothing......cause autostupid says timeslips don't mean anything.
I don't lose to bolton gtrs buddy so no *** problems here . Never said it didn't mean anything derp. However tracks and conditions can make a diffrence.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 PM
10 Second Club

That's because you haven't ran a bolt-on e85 gtr from a dig......him on r-compounds to. hell you wouldn't run with a stock gtr from a dig.

Your stupid **** don't fool anyone......now go get to stealing the hit on honda's like you do.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Banned

That's because you haven't ran a bolt-on e85 gtr from a dig......him on r-compounds to. hell you wouldn't run with a stock gtr from a dig.

Your stupid **** don't fool anyone......now go get to stealing the hit on honda's like you do.
Idc what your lame *** excuse is. You agreed to the race and got you **** pushed in by a bolton gtr. Oh and lying about me stealing the hit no wai.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Ill see if ova will post a pic of my car when he gets a chance.

So you and OVA1 know each other?

If you accept I'll give you a pat on the back.

If you don't I'll call you a ***.

Lol

Don't be skeered heater.

I'm waiting on it Doug
Old 09-21-2013, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Are you serious? Must I repeat what I said? Guess so, Shelby is an AFTER MARKET COMPANY the helps ford build their mustang. Every sense the Terminators came out with roughly the same hp as the C5 Z Ford has been having there top of the line Mustang have the same if not more hp as the Z06 meaning all of the GT500's have always had the same if not more hp as the top of the line Vette! When Chevy introduced the Zr1 yes it took ford a bit to catch up but they did with the 13 GT500

SO APPLES to APPLES
Mustang 5.0 competes with Camaro ZL1, Charger/Challenger/300 SRT8/RT (depending on year)
GT500 competes with Zr1/Z06 (depending on year)

As fare as track day ready from factory (road courses not drag racing) the apples to apples are

Mustang Leguna Secca edition vs Viper Acr and Acr-x
both mustang and Viper have a full roll cage, no back seats, track rated suspension, all the things needed for a race ready competition (for the most part im sure there are some things you need to add but for the most part its done for you) And we all know that Viper will do circles around the mustang.

Before anyone says yea the viper will because of the extra hp just remember your probably the same person that says the gt500 competes with the Zl1 and yet there is an 80hp difference in that

Also its a well known fact that more cubes = more obtainable hp. I.E BBC can and will always make more hp than a SBC same goes for ford BBF can and will always make more hp than a SBF.
Yes, I am serious. Just because the Terminators came with close to the same hp as the C5Z doesn't mean that it was competing with the Corvette. That makes zero sense. The Vette is a sports car, the Mustang is a pony car. They are totally different cars aimed at totally different markets, always have been. The GT500 and ZL1 are direct competitors. Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out. Where in your apples to apples comparison does the SS fit in? Does it compete with the v6 Mustang?

The Boss Leguna Seca does not have a full roll cage and was built to compete in SCCA and NASA road race classes.

Oh! Now I LIKE IT!

Haven't really considered that before, but the argument has merit.

The ZL1 is NOT the slotted competitor of the GT500… having been designed to compete with the Big-dog Vettes. With which, it struggles to do.

Hewww… THAT was disturbing. But ALL is right in the Universe again…
The argument has zero merit and you know it but whatever makes you sleep at night. Ask GM what the direct competitor for the ZL1 is. I will repeat myself again. Ford has no direct competitor for the Vette. Everyone knows this.

Huh…

Then Evan, you're saying that these guys are full of crap?

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...ustang-lineup/

"… According to Luft, Shelby plans to continue to focus on small production runs of cars like the GT350, GTS and GT500 Super Snake and leave the large scale operations up to Ford. “We could never produce the volume that they produce,” he told us. “We’ve sized our business to build 500-600 cars per year. That’s our sweet spot. To ever do another production run like the GT was where it was 6,000 or 7,000 cars, it’s not in our game plan.”"
You contradict yourself here. You think that Shelby builds all the GT500's but they say they don't. Right there in black and white, they build short run specialty cars like the GT350, GTS, and the Super Snake. At no point in that quote does it say that they build the GT500.

Both of you guys need to do some research before you post this stuff.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Now this is entertainment.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:01 PM
10 Second Club

Idc what your lame *** excuse is. You agreed to the race and got you **** pushed in by a bolton gtr. Oh and lying about me stealing the hit no wai.
Seems like you have more of a problem with it than me.

Everyone knows you steal hits.....actually you out right jump.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

So you and OVA1 know each other?

I'm waiting on it Doug
lol.....where is the pat smiley dude

This will have to do

Old 09-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Banned

Seems like you have more of a problem with it than me.

Everyone knows you steal hits.....actually you out right jump.
I have given and taken the hit **** happens. However when I ran the honda I did not take the hit on any of the 3 runs.

Quick Reply: 400 whp 5.0 Mustang vs few LS1 camaro's