Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Official LS1 Tech: 9/7 "Lawhead -v- OVA1 Race" thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay z28
lol so delusional. You have posted about it so much you actually believe the line of Bullshit about not racing him because he is a danger to all at the track. Why is it completely out of the realm of possibility that you canceled the race because you realized you couldn't get your new slicks mounted and knew you would get dragged? Just because you say so? Okay buddy, if you say so then it must be the truth!

Besides, he ran an 11.0 at nearly 130 the same weekend that you two were supposed to race and he didn't wreck the car. I think he would have been just fine to run to a measly 100 mph.

Oh! Yeah… well sure. Because he never CLAIMED that the car was >7/10ths FASTER…

LOL! WAIT! Now wasn't that YOU who posted the quote 5 MINUTES AGO, wherein LAWHEAD MADE THE CLAIM WHICH WE NOW KNOW TO BE BS?

And besides, "the race' was just he and I running down the track all by ourselves and not a scheduled NHRA, points event, wherein hundreds of other people were also present trying to do their thing… in which they had invested heavily.

And there was NO RISK at all to THEIR situation, by my having invited an inveterate liar, prone to disregarding anyone's interests but his own… driving a car which he touted as being significantly faster than the car he agreed to race with… which we now know is only marginally faster than his old setup.

Granted, given his record, we should have known better, but, like you… I tended to give the kid levels of credit, which were WAY OVER HIS MEANS TO SUSTAIN~.

Yessir, that's some fantasy ya have there Jay; such a vivid imagination.

I tell ya folks, the children; they're what makes life worth livin'… with all their hope and dreams wholly detached from experience or reality. Sorta warms ya right up, doesn't it?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sick_tight
how did this turn into a ova1 flame thread so bad? both parties are wrong in their own way. i think lawhead was worse for swapping cars and acting like thats koesher. Ova1 seemed fully intent to race this guy even with the new car, minus the "date" issue. just my opinion, and the fact that lawhead talked so much **** about Ovas car being so slow and shitty yet didnt have a car that compared at the time.
Kids being kids…
Old 09-09-2013, 09:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
Oh! Yeah… well sure. Because he never CLAIMED that the car was >7/10ths FASTER…

LOL! WAIT! Now wasn't that YOU who posted the quote 5 MINUTES AGO, wherein LAWHEAD MADE THE CLAIM WHICH WE NOW KNOW TO BE BS?

And besides, "the race' was just he and I running down the track all by ourselves and not a scheduled NHRA, points event, wherein hundreds of other people were also present trying to do their thing… in which they had invested heavily.

And there was NO RISK at all to THEIR situation, by my having invited an inveterate liar, prone to disregarding anyone's interests but his own… driving a car which he touted as being significantly faster than the car he agreed to race with… which we now know is only marginally faster than his old setup.

Granted, given his record, we should have known better, but, like you… I tended to give the kid levels of credit, which were WAY OVER HIS MEANS TO SUSTAIN~.

Yessir, that's some fantasy ya have there Jay; such a vivid imagination.

I tell ya folks, the children; they're what makes life worth livin'… with all their hope and dreams wholly detached from experience or reality. Sorta warms ya right up, doesn't it?
Just like you lying that all that work on your companies web page is yours with no citing of the people who actually did the work

Just chiming in
Old 09-09-2013, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jay z28
Originally Posted by lawhead
you see my sig ova thats straight from your post don't go ahead and say you didn't say it you didn't care what i brought i lucked out and got this car just be pure luck.

Car has gone 10.30s…. How about 1500 a pass?

i'm not heater, obviously lol, but according to lawhead the car has already gone 10.30. So with no other changes he should be able to get there once he has dialed himself in.

Originally Posted by ova1
Remarkable… he posts a quote from lawhead wherein he wagers $1500 a pass, as 'proof of a fact', despite jay knowing full well that lawhead subsequently claimed he was "kidding" when he reneged on that wager.

So his word is gold on the car's et, except where he claims are concerned…

lol! Everyone up to speed on that reasoning?

Remember: Circular reasoning works, because circular reasoning works… .

You cannot make this crap up!

Why… i defy ya to try!

Originally Posted by Jay
Lmao. I didn't say anything about the stupid wager battle that you two were going back and forth with, so i'm not sure where you are going with this other than trying to distract people from the possibility that you called the race because you weren't ready.

Of course this is just my opinion, since i am fortunate enough to not know you in real life. So take it for what it's worth.

So you're wholly oblivious to failures in veracity in your boy, while standing on nothing ELSE, where I am concerned?

Oh now THAT is fascinatin'…

Yessir, you're really cleavin' this right down to the intellectual bone.

Now Jay, will there be anything else?
Old 09-09-2013, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
I don't take the Internet as serious as you and I'm not gonna get mad
He's slow and a grumpy old man he will continue >but I'm done here got a vacation to enjoy I might chime in 20 pages later< of his babbling of non sense
Just like you lying that all that work on your companies web page is yours with no citing of the people who actually did the work

Just chiming in
Oh now… THAT is tragic. ANOTHER EXAMPLE of Lawhead's inability to do a SINGLE THING HE SAYS, coming in right as his bois are doing yeoman's work, in their failed attempt to defend the indefensible.

Kids… You should have known better, but ya didn't. For the sake of YOUR OWN CREDIBILITY: Try to grab a clue here.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

So you're wholly oblivious to failures in veracity in your boy, while standing on nothing ELSE, where I am concerned?

Oh now THAT is fascinatin'…

Yessir, you're really cleavin' this right down to the intellectual bone.

Now Jay, will there be anything else?
Nope. This damn thread sucked me in again even though I told myself to ignore it. It is pointless to argue anything with you because anything you say is 100% truth just because it came from you. Have fun with your mediocre LT-juan.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:41 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

What exactly is "this", Nick?

Am I reasonable in person? Yes…

Do I strive for factual record of a discussion? Yes…

Am I intolerant of idiots? Yes…

Can I defend my positions in person? So far… it's a nearly perfect record. So yeah…

Now let me ask you Nick, are you like 'this', in person? Do you shy away from confrontation? Do you allow others to misrepresent you and your record?

I mean its clearly something that's important for you to know about others, so I think it should be reasonable for you to inform the board of any duplicity that otherwise defines you…

So how about it Nick?
No, I am asking if you are long-spoken. Posting gives you time to formulate your thoughts, but I imagine you may not be like this, hence I ask.

Since when do I shy away from confrontation? I do not start a confrontation, but if I need to deal with it, I will. Are you the type of person that likes to instigate, or is that your Internet persona?

Everything you mentioned, I can agree with. Especially the idiot thing, that can really drive me crazy.

Also, you're saying I'm deceitful?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Nope. This damn thread sucked me in again even though I told myself to ignore it. It is pointless to argue anything with you because anything you say is 100% truth just because it came from you. Have fun with your mediocre LT-juan.
Ahhh... The confirming denial... Always good for a tickle.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by audacious nick
No, I am asking if you are long-spoken. Posting gives you time to formulate your thoughts, but I imagine you may not be like this, hence I ask.

Since when do I shy away from confrontation? I do not start a confrontation, but if I need to deal with it, I will. Are you the type of person that likes to instigate, or is that your Internet persona?

Everything you mentioned, I can agree with. Especially the idiot thing, that can really drive me crazy.

I answer questions completely and factually... No matter where the issue is presented.

This is what competent adults do...
Old 09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I answer questions completely and factually... No matter where the issue is presented.

Yep.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:49 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

You state the obvious. However, you do not need to a speech to completely answer every question. You failed to answer my question: are you like that in person?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

I answer questions completely and factually… No matter where the issue is presented. …
You state the obvious. However, you do not need to a speech to completely answer every question. You failed to answer my question: are you like that in person?

Nick, I can't imagine how you missed it, but I answer questions the same, without regard to whether it's asked in person or on line.

Perhaps this will help: Yes.

I have a friend that swears that if he's ever standing in front of a firing squad and is asked for a final statement, he is going to request that I answer the question for him… . He swears that in so doing, he'll live to a ripe old age.

And he's probably right…
Old 09-09-2013, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jay z28
lol so delusional. You have posted about it so much you actually believe the line of bullshit about not racing him because he is a danger to all at the track. Why is it completely out of the realm of possibility that you canceled the race because you realized you couldn't get your new slicks mounted and knew you would get dragged? Just because you say so? Okay buddy, if you say so then it must be the truth!

Besides, he ran an 11.0 at nearly 130 the same weekend that you two were supposed to race and he didn't wreck the car. I think he would have been just fine to run to a measly 100 mph.

this!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
this!
LOL!

That!

Old 09-10-2013, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Well, the TunerCat and DataMaster programs are on their way.

FINALLY… after all these years, we'll have the means to tune this car.

Gotta say, I'm lookin' forward to it.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

I wanna race....
Old 09-10-2013, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BoostJunkieXL

I wanna race....
Who doesn't?

But come and get it! Let me know when you're ready. I'll be there for ya.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Who doesn't?

But come and get it! Let me know when you're ready. I'll be there for ya.
Where are you located? I'm pretty sure we can set something up once my car is done
Old 09-11-2013, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BoostJunkieXL
Where are you located? I'm pretty sure we can set something up once my car is done
I'm down in Naples… Just shoot me a PM when you're headin' this way.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:02 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm down in Naples… Just shoot me a PM when you're headin' this way.

It's great to have your passion but bck it down just a notch-

You are far too agressive in replies. This is your warning

Quick Reply: Official LS1 Tech: 9/7 "Lawhead -v- OVA1 Race" thread.