Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Supercharged CTS-V vs Lightweight Turbo Civic

Old 09-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHitman
I'm originally from Westchester County and remembered the street racing in the bronx. I went back to the city last year in my GT-R and raced a supercharged M3 there. They have some pretty fast cars in the area.
Back in the day the guys from Mt Vernon would routinely race with the guys from the Bronx. I was from New Rochelle and for some reason back then they thought we were rich kids and they hated us.
I never liked going down there.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Ugly ugly ugly. Yes the honda won, but damn an all out race car only beat a tank by that much. If I owned the honda I would not want that video out.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Launching!

A lot of you guys have probably not been to that type of race. For a 2K race the guy in the V should have had a hidden bottle somewhere. (and maybe he did, the video didn't show anyone opening their hods. We use to plumb the nitrous lines under the manifold and hide the bottle under the rear seat. He negotiated 3 cars and the break. It doesn't make any difference if he's racing a golf cart. He's out 2k.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by branland
A lot of you guys have probably not been to that type of race. For a 2K race the guy in the V should have had a hidden bottle somewhere. (and maybe he did, the video didn't show anyone opening their hods. We use to plumb the nitrous lines under the manifold and hide the bottle under the rear seat. He negotiated 3 cars and the break. It doesn't make any difference if he's racing a golf cart. He's out 2k.
Been attending races like that since 16. So, I have been to a couple.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by willizm
Speaking of which, have you ever been able to run your car at the strip yet? How'd it do?
No, havent allocated the funds for a set of slicks yet. I would borrow some but no ones wheels will clear my brakes...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Supercharged CTS-V vs Lightweight Turbo Civic