Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Local News: ZL1 racing a Porsche= Accident

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by automach1
I was driving on Sr-18 and saw the whole thing happen. I was on the inside lane and I saw the Porsche coming up behind me at an alarming rate of speed. I was fortunately able to move into the outside lane when just then the Camaro came flying up behind

Porsche as they both passed me. The rate of speed was alarming.. I have never seen that before. They WERE

racing, period. The Porsche
To continue my post, the Porsche started weaving in and out of traffic with the Camaro in pursuit. The next thing I saw was the Porsche almost airborne and then it rolled and

crashed into the median, landing upside down. The driver of the Camaro stopped and got out of his car, evidently not involved in the crash. It was horrible to see this. Many motorists (including myself) pulled off to side of the freeway in the aftermath of witnessing this terrible event. Many brave and concerned motorists, who themselves could have been hit by either one of these stupid jackasses, risked their own safety

by leaving their own cars and crossing SR-18 with oncoming traffic to help the injured Porsche driver...kudos to you folks...you know who you are. To the racing drivers, well I guess you know who you are too.
Where did you get that cut n paste? Sounds like a legit sheeple witness statement.?
Originally Posted by Beans
Hilarious reading the comments by the sheep.
It's called "Sheeple", but yeah there is a metric ton of know-it-all nerds up here that feel the need to put there comments into every single news article just to show there superiority. ... Seattle...
Old 09-06-2013, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by automach1
I was driving on Sr-18 and saw the whole thing happen. I was on the inside lane and I saw the Porsche coming up behind me at an alarming rate of speed. I was fortunately able to move into the outside lane when just then the Camaro came flying up behind

Porsche as they both passed me. The rate of speed was alarming.. I have never seen that before. They WERE

racing, period. The Porsche
To continue my post, the Porsche started weaving in and out of traffic with the Camaro in pursuit. The next thing I saw was the Porsche almost airborne and then it rolled and

crashed into the median, landing upside down. The driver of the Camaro stopped and got out of his car, evidently not involved in the crash. It was horrible to see this. Many motorists (including myself) pulled off to side of the freeway in the aftermath of witnessing this terrible event. Many brave and concerned motorists, who themselves could have been hit by either one of these stupid jackasses, risked their own safety

by leaving their own cars and crossing SR-18 with oncoming traffic to help the injured Porsche driver...kudos to you folks...you know who you are. To the racing drivers, well I guess you know who you are too.
So it sounds like they wernt drag racing, but speeding nose to tail sort of speaking, I have seen this before were one want to run but the other takes off and weaves through traffic showing how fast there car is/was in this case. Also sounds like the camaro stopped to make sure the guy was alright, speeding and wreckless driving is what it sounds like not racing, but the News and Cops try to make everything out to be more than it was. Not saying they were not acting STUPID for doing it in wet conditions and in heavy traffic.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans
Hilarious reading the comments by the sheep.
No ****. A buncha hindsight Monday morning quarterback ****, DAMN that kinda stuff pisses me off.

It was super cool of the ZL1 owner to stop, considering the trouble he could get into. What a stand up guy.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
No ****. A buncha hindsight Monday morning quarterback ****, DAMN that kinda stuff pisses me off.

It was super cool of the ZL1 owner to stop, considering the trouble he could get into. What a stand up guy.
+1 man..
Every man for himself. I'd be outta there.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

honestly leaving or not is a real hard call. What if he is hurt and needs immediate help? You gotta stick around if you are needed, PERIOD. If the punishment wasn't so harsh I think all of us would stick around irregardless. It's just that the way things are, unless someones life is in the balance, you should leave. Sad fact that robbing a bank or equivalent gets you in less trouble then street racing...
Old 09-06-2013, 02:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Who won?
haha I wasn't the only one who had this thought lol
Old 09-06-2013, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
honestly leaving or not is a real hard call. What if he is hurt and needs immediate help? You gotta stick around if you are needed, PERIOD. If the punishment wasn't so harsh I think all of us would stick around irregardless. It's just that the way things are, unless someones life is in the balance, you should leave. Sad fact that robbing a bank or equivalent gets you in less trouble then street racing...
Not to mention of you have any sort of medical training, civilian or military it is actually illegal for you to pass the scene of an accident without stopping to help unless medical personnel are already on scene. That and I don't know that I could just drive past something like that without stopping to check on the person, if I were to see it on the news later and see the person had died thatd be some heavy **** to have on your conscience
Old 09-06-2013, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by US_Army_Z28
Not to mention of you have any sort of medical training, civilian or military it is actually illegal for you to pass the scene of an accident without stopping to help unless medical personnel are already on scene. That and I don't know that I could just drive past something like that without stopping to check on the person, if I were to see it on the news later and see the person had died thatd be some heavy **** to have on your conscience

Your right, if your in the business. You have a legal obligation, to stop. Although I have been a first responder at several accidents,..I have seen multiple police cars drive right on by, surely trying to get home. I have had a girl die right there in front of me..18years old.... not before showering herself in a pool of blood and trying to cling to her own life. That ****, isn't for everyone. It's something you won't soon forget, especially with her girlfriend freaking out,..not understanding what was going on(rollover in an S10 blazer)..... not to mention the cars that COULD NOT see us,..that where traveling @ 65-80mph right through the middle of an accident. So,..careful, you may also loose your life, trying to protect/help someone else. Use your head, if you decide to stop...

And if you think you will be bothered by not stopping, try getting a gorgeous teenage girl soaking wet with blood trying to breath her last few breaths with a stranger(me) out of your head. No regrets....I'd do it again, if I was given a choice.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Trust me I've got enough images I'd move to be able to get out of my head, not from wrecks but just as bad if not worse, not saying everyone should stop, especially if you have no training in the matter, but at the very least take the time to call 911, I've had to pick up body parts of my of a few of my friends that were hit by an ied, I know all too well about things on your mind you'd like to forget and feeling helpless in the process. But enough about that,

The shitty comments from that page **** me off rather than make me laugh, not all of then, but ones along the lines of they both should've died, the people were stupid, but last I checked stupidity isn't grounds for death, if it were the world's population would be cut by half,
Old 09-06-2013, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Trust me I've got enough images I'd move to be able to get out of my head, not from wrecks but just as bad if not worse, not saying everyone should stop, especially if you have no training in the matter, but at the very least take the time to call 911, I've had to pick up body parts of my of a few of my friends that were hit by an ied, I know all too well about things on your mind you'd like to forget and feeling helpless in the process. But enough about that,

The shitty comments from that page **** me off rather than make me laugh, not all of then, but ones along the lines of they both should've died, the people were stupid, but last I checked stupidity isn't grounds for death, if it were the world's population would be cut by half,
Amen-
Old 09-06-2013, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

I hope the ZL1 owner gets a good lawyer, he's going to need it.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm not legally obligated to stop as my duty to act only applies to my district, while on duty, it's actually a bad idea for me to stop. I do stop (just the kind of person I am) but I am limited as to what I can do and I do risk opening myself up to legal issues later.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Yeah, the other side of me (being non-med and not having duties to do so) would also think, on the walk to the mangled car, that I may see a dude's head in 6 pieces and pieces of brain in the car, compound bone fractures, etc. That **** would **** me up a little bit

Edit: I responded before seeing this:
Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
I have had a girl die right there in front of me..18years old.... not before showering herself in a pool of blood and trying to cling to her own life. That ****, isn't for everyone. It's something you won't soon forget, especially with her girlfriend freaking out,..not understanding what was going on(rollover in an S10 blazer)..... not to mention the cars that COULD NOT see us,..that where traveling @ 65-80mph right through the middle of an accident.

And if you think you will be bothered by not stopping, try getting a gorgeous teenage girl soaking wet with blood trying to breath her last few breaths with a stranger(me) out of your head.
That would be something that I'm sure I'd never be able to get out of my head...got the chills just reading your description of that.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I'm not legally obligated to stop as my duty to act only applies to my district, while on duty, it's actually a bad idea for me to stop. I do stop (just the kind of person I am) but I am limited as to what I can do and I do risk opening myself up to legal issues later.
This. Learned that in EMT training(long life ago).

Originally Posted by snake95
Yeah, the other side of me (being non-med and not having duties to do so) would also think, on the walk to the mangled car, that I may see a dude's head in 6 pieces and pieces of brain in the car, compound bone fractures, etc. That **** would **** me up a little bit

Edit: I responded before seeing this:

That would be something that I'm sure I'd never be able to get out of my head...got the chills just reading your description of that.

Yea, it was a real shame. Myself and an X forum member(blackbullet(1)) where the first responders. CHAOS, is best described when speaking of it. For what it's worth, we probably saved the other girl, just on trying to run head on into the oncoming traffic,..trying to get them to stop...that,,..well,..never mind,..it's a fucked up story.

On another note, I have been a first responder in many cases, as unbelievable as it is, many, many times.... I have even done it after that night. Fortunately there where no injuries(after) so, it was a good thing. Anyways,...if you suspect injuries,....or worse,...I would recommend stopping.

On the same note, what you don't know, what hurt you.....but what goes around, comes around. Believe that.

I've put out 4-5 fires, 2 or more accidents, and one child drowning. All many years after I had EMT training,...like, 5 or more. I would do it all over again. I'm hoping the day I'm in need,..Jdawg isn't left hanging with my intestines hanging out, and nobody to light me a joint.

You ******* in the porsche and camaro suck for bringing this **** up.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah bringing this kinda **** up makes me think of things more than I already do, which is more than I'd like to as it is, so I'm with you on them sucking for bringing it up, its wierd being 22 and having war stories like that, generally you think of some old dude sitting in a rocking chair lol
Old 09-06-2013, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah bringing this kinda **** up makes me think of things more than I already do, which is more than I'd like to as it is, so I'm with you on them sucking for bringing it up, its wierd being 22 and having war stories like that, generally you think of some old dude sitting in a rocking chair lol
***** of steal hommie....***** of steal. If you don't do it, then who? That's how I look at it.

to you and your boys.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

This. Learned that in EMT training(long life ago).
Once it's in your blood... It is rather sad the amount of time you spend in EMT classes learning about how many different ways you can and probably will be sued during your career.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Wow fellas this is some deep ****...

I remember a few years ago i raced this turbo'd Scion TC of all things just ******* around. Started off at a redlight with him playing with his BOV. I let him take a huge hit and blew past him right into a sweeping 4 lane turn. I was a ways out of the turn as he was just getting out of it. Soon after all i seen was headlights in the air as i looked in my rear view. It was kinda like a ditch/fielded area off of the road so i think everyone ended up ok but it ATE me up for a while due to the fact i didnt stop. If it happened again im pretty sure i would. What made me not stop was purely fear of going to jail which sucks but it is what it is...
Old 09-06-2013, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

On a funny note,...I was driving down I75 one night going north bound. I don't even remember what I was driving,...I just remember watching an eclipse go down the center median, hit a ditch, and launch off over the center of the ditch, landing on it's front grill,..then slowly, falling right to it's roof. I was like HOLY ****,...lol, I pulled over. I'm sprinting towards the wreck,..then thinking, ****.,,i'm about to see some fucked up ****.

Nope. Several spanish/mexican/latin/whatever fella's crawled out from underneath the vehicle. I was like, (in my mind I am like, no ******* way)...are you ok?.... No response. They looked like they where all simultaneously taking *****, standing up, right there in front of me. They looked at me like I was Gandolf, and I just appeared on a lightning bolt, right there in front of them. I find out later, they where ok, just didn't speak english. lol. It was pretty ******* funny. Glad they where ok.... They hydroplaned I guess. Joke was on me though, later, I got home,..and had a million green hitchhikers stuck to my jeans/shoes/socks.

It was worth the front row seat.

Another LONG story,,,,,,party funny, part dickish. If you can't focus while reading this, you probably shouldn't read it, it's probably not worth the time/effort.

The story goes..

I was driving my Cobra(mostly full suspension, borla, mild mods w/ driver mod)...which was many years before that horrible night with those girls on the turnpike. Anyways, my brother and I where RIPPING on a highway,...which was about to intersect with another highway,...I was speeding...windows down....it wasn't super often one of my brothers was in the car, so we where having a good time, probably listening to rage against the machine or something...borla exaust, hummimg......then,..... I see a cop,..merging on the highway I was speeding on....I slow,...match his speed....

...the cop is behind a few cars....still, has not merged(long single lane) on my highway yet. My bro and I where looking out my passenger side, at the patrol,...then suddenly, we see a car, a fox body mustang,...fly right by him on the shoulder, scraping his own passenger side mirror on the passenger side wall of the fox body(the foxbody scraped the wall passing the cop on the shoulder)..... my bro and I where like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...OUUUUUCHHHHHH........then, ...holy ****,...the cop didn't flinch. WTF just happened?

So,..the cop just slows.....we pick up speed again, the fox body pulls onto my highway now...aware of the cop he just went flying by......seemingly.... then I was like,..**** it....I picked up speed,...prepared myself for a series of tight, banked corners to merge to another highway....

...I downshift in my R model suspended Cobra, my brother gets ready , and what do I see in my mirror....this fox body driving, gt owning, weld wheel having, bigs and littles having CRAZY ****** was on the throttle, and coming up quick..... I was like bro, hang on,..lemme show you the difference between setups....(corner carver vs straight line)...I took two corners,..and the fox lights disappeared...long gone....I go through a few more,...gone...I come out of a corner, and onto a straightway that is about 300 yards long,....I get stuck behind two cars......going slow....I had nowhere to go....so I brake, and wait.......

..sure as ****, the fox headlights appear,..and this ******* doesn't seem to understand what brake lights look like, or for that matter, I don't think he really gave a ****. ****** had a screw loose... at the end of the straight, there is an right and turn, followed by a downhill left......I was stuck, following cars now, and the mustang was barreling down on us. My brother turned around to face the fury that was seemingly on a mission to ram someone....then he tries to take the first corner,...and looses it....

Starts to fishtail....looses it more,...tries to gain,...looses it completely, and the car loops around on him. I **** you not, this thing is chasing us down going backwards. I am doing about 45ish mph....and walled in by the cars in front of me...its only two lanes....****...what to do....as he is about 7-10ft away from my rear bumper, I guess he couldn't steer backwards too well.... he ended up backing it into a wall pretty nicely.

The cars in front of me merged,...a lane in front opened....I lifted, I downshifted,..and I never lifted again till about 2 miles down that road.

I have no shame in that. **** that stupid **** and the meth he was smoking or the stolen car he was in. He was fine.

In the end...it was pretty awesome. lol.

All true stories,...all in the past.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Teching In

On a funny note,...I was driving down I75 one night going north bound. I don't even remember what I was driving,...I just remember watching an eclipse go down the center median, hit a ditch, and launch off over the center of the ditch, landing on it's front grill,..then slowly, falling right to it's roof. I was like HOLY ****,...lol, I pulled over. I'm sprinting towards the wreck,..then thinking, ****.,,i'm about to see some fucked up ****.

Nope. Several spanish/mexican/latin/whatever fella's crawled out from underneath the vehicle. I was like, (in my mind I am like, no ******* way)...are you ok?.... No response. They looked like they where all simultaneously taking *****, standing up, right there in front of me. They looked at me like I was Gandolf, and I just appeared on a lightning bolt, right there in front of them. I find out later, they where ok, just didn't speak english. lol. It was pretty ******* funny. Glad they where ok.... They hydroplaned I guess. Joke was on me though, later, I got home,..and had a million green hitchhikers stuck to my jeans/shoes/socks.

It was worth the front row seat.

Another LONG story,,,,,,party funny, part dickish. If you can't focus while reading this, you probably shouldn't read it, it's probably not worth the time/effort.

The story goes..

I was driving my Cobra(mostly full suspension, borla, mild mods w/ driver mod)...which was many years before that horrible night with those girls on the turnpike. Anyways, my brother and I where RIPPING on a highway,...which was about to intersect with another highway,...I was speeding...windows down....it wasn't super often one of my brothers was in the car, so we where having a good time, probably listening to rage against the machine or something...borla exaust, hummimg......then,..... I see a cop,..merging on the highway I was speeding on....I slow,...match his speed....

...the cop is behind a few cars....still, has not merged(long single lane) on my highway yet. My bro and I where looking out my passenger side, at the patrol,...then suddenly, we see a car, a fox body mustang,...fly right by him on the shoulder, scraping his own passenger side mirror on the passenger side wall of the fox body(the foxbody scraped the wall passing the cop on the shoulder)..... my bro and I where like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...OUUUUUCHHHHHH........then, ...holy ****,...the cop didn't flinch. WTF just happened?

So,..the cop just slows.....we pick up speed again, the fox body pulls onto my highway now...aware of the cop he just went flying by......seemingly.... then I was like,..**** it....I picked up speed,...prepared myself for a series of tight, banked corners to merge to another highway....

...I downshift in my R model suspended Cobra, my brother gets ready , and what do I see in my mirror....this fox body driving, gt owning, weld wheel having, bigs and littles having CRAZY ****** was on the throttle, and coming up quick..... I was like bro, hang on,..lemme show you the difference between setups....(corner carver vs straight line)...I took two corners,..and the fox lights disappeared...long gone....I go through a few more,...gone...I come out of a corner, and onto a straightway that is about 300 yards long,....I get stuck behind two cars......going slow....I had nowhere to go....so I brake, and wait.......

..sure as ****, the fox headlights appear,..and this ******* doesn't seem to understand what brake lights look like, or for that matter, I don't think he really gave a ****. ****** had a screw loose... at the end of the straight, there is an right and turn, followed by a downhill left......I was stuck, following cars now, and the mustang was barreling down on us. My brother turned around to face the fury that was seemingly on a mission to ram someone....then he tries to take the first corner,...and looses it....

Starts to fishtail....looses it more,...tries to gain,...looses it completely, and the car loops around on him. I **** you not, this thing is chasing us down going backwards. I am doing about 45ish mph....and walled in by the cars in front of me...its only two lanes....****...what to do....as he is about 7-10ft away from my rear bumper, I guess he couldn't steer backwards too well.... he ended up backing it into a wall pretty nicely.

The cars in front of me merged,...a lane in front opened....I lifted, I downshifted,..and I never lifted again till about 2 miles down that road.

I have no shame in that. **** that stupid **** and the meth he was smoking or the stolen car he was in. He was fine.

In the end...it was pretty awesome. lol.

All true stories,...all in the past.
Man, you gotta tell us the story about that accident on the turnpike! I can read your stories all day, because you write so well.

Quick Reply: Local News: ZL1 racing a Porsche= Accident