Old 09-15-2013, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GTR would have beat it from a dig
Old 09-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheHitman
In before you start being butthurt about getting your *** kicked by GT-Rs.

You get all butthurt about the GT-R vs Z06 thing it's funny that you mention my name or try to by misspelling it.
As expected your *** is all soar now. You cry in every thread that your jap crap gets waxed. You are the biggest douche on this site. And stock for stock the GT-R will always get **** on from a roll. Face it Euro ***, the GT-R can be beat.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With equal traction, the Z06 loses from a dead stop. Also the difference in trap speed between a Z06 and GT-R isn't that great. This race the outcome is expected because both cars are out of their optimal gear which means the lighter bigger cube car won the race. If both raced in the optimal gear and/or optimal roll speed the outcome would be different.
that statement right there is the reason why GTR owners will never get it..

Driven properly, the Z destroys the GTR on a drag radial.

here's my friend Gary's C6z. If you don't know his car or heard of what he and his c6z has done? enjoy... His isn't the only story like it..

Gary hails from New Jersey, the land of fast Corvettes and many record setters. Among them is Rob Zona, who has graced the pages of GMHTP before and was influential in helping Gary refine his setup and get the Z down the old 1320 in a scant 9.97-seconds at over 138.8mph. Rewinding a second, Gary had previously owned a 2004 C5 Z06 and managed to whittle its time down to a 10.89 at 125mph using only bolt-ons. When he purchased the C6 Z in February 2009, it was already running nearly as fast bone stock with a set of Hoosier 275/40/17 drag radials (10.91 at 127). Next the bolt-ons were carefully selected to get the most out of the stock engine. American Racing 1 7/8-inch headers with a 3-inch X-pipe, Halltech Super Bee cold air intake, a ported stock throttle body and custom tuning by Troy Nikola would help free up significant power. However, in 2011 Gary also added a FAST LSXR intake manifold and swapped the cold air for Halltech’s new MF103 (with additional tuning by Matt Hauffe at Tune Time). These changes were influential in going from 10.19 at 134 to the eventual 9-second run.

Read more: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...#ixzz2f74XkX2h
sorry for the affinity for the c6z, just being around them, many in fact, built all different ways, i'm still extremely amazed at what the base car can do with just bolt ons... wow.

Last edited by TonyGXP; 09-16-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TonyGXP

Driven properly, the Z destroys the GTR on a drag radial.

here's my friend Gary's C6z. If you don't know his car or heard of what he and his c6z has done? enjoy... His isn't the only story like it..

sorry for the affinity for the c6z, just being around them, many in fact, built all different ways, i'm still extremely amazed at what the base car can do with just bolt ons... wow.
I'm amazed how fast a Gtr can get with just bolt ons and street tire. It also pretty heavy like 3700 lbs compared to a corvette. I can just imagine if it weighed 3100-3200 lbs what it could do.
I give the C6 Zo6 props just cause its all motor no power adders.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

Driven properly, the Z destroys the GTR on a drag radial.[/b]
This is the reason why you don't get it. Bone stock GT-Rs on street tires have seen 10.7's. Stock Z06's on drag radials haven't seen that. They are very close from a dead stop as seen by this fast time here:

I've heard of his car but it's still a one off car that does that. He is the only bolt on Z06 in the 9's while most of them (90%) are in the high 10's. There are 5 full bolt on GT-Rs in the 9's.

This is what a full bolt on GT-R does:

It's apparent you don't know much about GT-Rs.

Last edited by TheHitman; 09-17-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZZ0066
As expected your *** is all soar now. You cry in every thread that your jap crap gets waxed. You are the biggest douche on this site. And stock for stock the GT-R will always get **** on from a roll. Face it Euro ***, the GT-R can be beat.
Sorry I don't waste my time with butthurt children.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In before The Hittman starts crying
Success.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Success.

lol

what i do know is it's easy to "manipulate" a turbo car to come off as stock.

much more difficult in an NA car. take that how you like..

enjoy the "only one off" c6Z to get into the 10's stock lol unless Gary had his car painted numerous colors over time, there'e PLENTY of them

https://www.google.com/search?q=stoc...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 09-18-2013, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like the GTRs auto-pilot needs some tuning

Old 09-18-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Lol @ comparing a bolt-on NA car to a bolt-on FI car.

The argument will never end...if it had this, I saw one do that - but I have Youtube videos to prove it.

IMHO, the Z is a driver's car and the GTR is a driver's bandaid. Like it or not, skill must be had in one, and not nearly as much required in the other (this being driving skill, not manipulating buttons and menus for required launch mode and flappy paddle gear box shifting mode).
Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 AM
On The Tree

lol

what i do know is it's easy to "manipulate" a turbo car to come off as stock.

much more difficult in an NA car. take that how you like..

enjoy the "only one off" c6Z to get into the 10's stock lol unless Gary had his car painted numerous colors over time, there'e PLENTY of them

https://www.google.com/search?q=stoc...hrome&ie=UTF-8
As there are plenty of stock GT-Rs in the 10's as well ON STOCK TIRES!

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Lol @ comparing a bolt-on NA car to a bolt-on FI car.

The argument will never end...if it had this, I saw one do that - but I have Youtube videos to prove it.

IMHO, the Z is a driver's car and the GTR is a driver's bandaid. Like it or not, skill must be had in one, and not nearly as much required in the other (this being driving skill, not manipulating buttons and menus for required launch mode and flappy paddle gear box shifting mode).
LOL @ trying to push your opinion like a fact.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Stock tires with awd no surprise there lol
Old 09-19-2013, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

LOL @ trying to push your opinion like a fact.
I see, so you're saying it takes no greater skill to launch the Vette??

We get it you Godzilla, big surprise that on a GM forum, not nearly as many agree with you.

Last, don't get me wrong, I think the GTR performs incredibly considering its weight - it certainly puts up numbers that continue to impress me...not that I would ever own one, it's just too big IMO.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

its also cute that the orange bolt on RECORD car isnt even using his paddles...Just putting his foot to the floor.

yea that car must definately take some drivers skill.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

As there are plenty of stock GT-Rs in the 10's as well ON STOCK TIRES!
Eh not to side here but, that statement doesn't carry much weight when you are channeling that power through 4 wheel as opposed to 2.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
Eh not to side here but, that statement doesn't carry much weight when you are channeling that power through 4 wheel as opposed to 2.
I think it does carry weight since it has the horsepower to run 10s in a 3800 lbs car.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:37 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

No need to insult to get your point across-

For the record-

Whoever has the deepest pockets has the fastest cars.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:57 AM
Launching!

This is the reason why you don't get it. Bone stock GT-Rs on street tires have seen 10.7's. Stock Z06's on drag radials haven't seen that. They are very close from a dead stop as seen by this fast time here:

GTR 10 79 Pass - YouTube

I've heard of his car but it's still a one off car that does that. He is the only bolt on Z06 in the 9's while most of them (90%) are in the high 10's. There are 5 full bolt on GT-Rs in the 9's.

This is what a full bolt on GT-R does:

AWD Motorsports breaks STOCK TURBO GTR WORLD RECORD again... 9.77 - YouTube

Then why oh why does the gtr lose on the roll race?? I don't understand it runs 10s stock but can't beat a z06 on a roll? So it can win off the line but gets killed up top?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blown_Red_97z
Then why oh why does the gtr lose on the roll race?? I don't understand it runs 10s stock but can't beat a z06 on a roll? So it can win off the line but gets killed up top?
ET's are a function of gearing and traction. Also it depends on the roll speed you start from. If you do a 30-130 or 40-140 the results would be different from a 60-160 or higher. Z06's have longer gears which give them an advantage for high speed rolls and such.

I've seen 1/8th mile cars destroy cars making more power or better power to weight ratios from a dig but get beat from a roll. With the Z06 and GT-R trap speed wise they aren't that far apart.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its funny how upset hitman is about this video. GT-R's are not all that. I rolled door to door with one that had bolt on's with my LT1 and i wasn't even on the nitrous.

Quick Reply: Vid 3rd gear roll C6z v '14GTR