Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT500 VS ZL1 @ the RING

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sick_tight
I like the "ford cheated" comment because we never used that, just that the 662hp lap from the gt500 is 1 second off from the zl1 lap and the gt500 had ideal conditions as compared to the zl1. Yet were fan boys because the underdog is still tied with or close to its rival.

Ford used the excuse about not ideal conditions for their test yet the z28 had a wet track... just saying.

But like most of the ford nut swingers on this forum if we try and have a response to their gm **** talking were "fan boys with all the excuses"

This next gen I think will finally shut up all the ford guys for a bit... or they'll compare the '15 to the '14 zl1 and live off that glory for the next 20 years like they did with the fox bodies.
Half of the **** I said was pure sarcasm. You couldn't tell by the sun in the eyes and bugs on the windshield comments?

This next gen I think will finally shut up all the ford guys for a bit... or they'll compare the '15 to the '14 zl1 and live off that glory for the next 20 years like they did with the fox bodies.
There are guys that still can't get the LS1 f-body **** out of their mouth and f-bodies have been extinct since 02, so who hangs onto what? Anytime a newer car lays the smackdown on one, it's "Oh well I'd hope with new technology vs. a 324789 year old car!!!" every damn time. Did Mustang guys say that when the old 302's (60's design) got beat by the new GM offerings? Oh, that's right, you must've conveniently forgot. Just keep the blinders on because Mustang v. Camaro is pretty damn lopsided right now.

Last edited by snake95; 10-30-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:49 AM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Actually for the record motor trend or road and track even said that the gt500 uses the stage 3 super charger and the Zl1 uses the stage 2 considering it comes from the same company. Also why would GM put the same s/c on the camaro/cts-v that it has on the beloved Zr1? Thats the main difference between the Ls9 and the LSA motors. Also the gt500 didn't always start out in a ford factory yea eventually like i said fors took over it completely and started producing it in its own factories but it wouldn't even become a realization with out the help of mr. Shelby. What ypu have said holds just as much merit as saying the HPE700 Camaro is the true stock competitor of the gt500
The TVS1900 and 2300 aren't the same blower. So...GM didn't do that. And you're saying that's the main difference between the LS9 and LSA? Not the forged internals and different cam...the blower. Gotcha. The GT500 is literally nothing more than an evolution of the '03-'04 Cobra. As said before, it could just have easily been called the Cobra instead, and it would be the exact same car. It has always been made in the Ford plant. Carroll Shelby had basically nothing at all to do with the development. It doesn't have any "aftermarket" parts. What you said has zero merit. So please stop talking out of your *** about stuff that you CLEARLY don't know anything about.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by snake95
Half of the **** I said was pure sarcasm. You couldn't tell by the sun in the eyes and bugs on the windshield comments?

There are guys that still can't get the LS1 f-body **** out of their mouth and f-bodies have been extinct since 02, so who hangs onto what? Anytime a newer car lays the smackdown on one, it's "Oh well I'd hope with new technology vs. a 324789 year old car!!!" every damn time. Did Mustang guys say that when the old 302's (60's design) got beat by the new GM offerings? Oh, that's right, you must've conveniently forgot. Just keep the blinders on because Mustang v. Camaro is pretty damn lopsided right now.
Sarcasm or not you still agree with it. Just because you joking bring up points doesn't mean anything, you ford fan boys talk a lot of crap with the zl1 and shrug off our points but its OK. These are 2 cars I don't own or care about. Yes there are ls1 nut swingers but you're literally on a ls1 fan based website... both sides always make excuses as to why their favorite cars aren't performing better in whatever comparison but you seriously can't get so upset when you come on a gm ls1 website and expect everyone to be like "omfg Chevy sucks and I hate the camaro" when you show videos like this. I never get why you guys get so frustrated about it...
Old 10-30-2013, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Sarcasm or not you still agree with it. Just because you joking bring up points doesn't mean anything, you ford fan boys talk a lot of crap with the zl1 and shrug off out points but its OK. These are 2 cars I don't own or care about. Yes there are ls1 nut swingers but you're literally on a ls1 fan based website... both sides always make excuses as to why their favorite cars aren't performing better in whatever comparison but you seriously can't get so upset when you come on a gm ls1 website and expect everyone to be like "omfg Chevy sucks and I hate the camaro" when you show videos like this. I never get why you guys get so frustrated about it...
I mentioned the LS1 thing because you mentioned the fox thing, it's as simple as that. IDGAF if we're on a Hyundia Tiburon site, you want to talk about people hanging on to something, I'll give my example, too. The thread was posted because all the **** talking being done while using the Ring as ammo. That ammo's been diffused, that's only point OP was making.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Also why would GM put the same s/c on the camaro/cts-v that it has on the beloved Zr1? Thats the main difference between the Ls9 and the LSA motors.
Huh??? Along with the different blowers, the pistons, heads, valves, cams, exhaust manifolds, rods, dry sump vs wet sump. A lot more than just the blower is different there.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

Because I definitely don't go on svt, mustang, or ford forums at all and if I did I wouldn't consistently try to dog their cars and post convenient articles that prove whatever car I like is better. And I definitely wouldn't be upset or surprised when I had 100000 mustang replies on why I'm wrong...
Old 10-30-2013, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because I definitely don't go on svt, mustang, or ford forums at all and if I did I wouldn't consistently try to dog their cars and post convenient articles that prove whatever car I like is better. And I definitely wouldn't be upset or surprised when I had 100000 mustang replies on why I'm wrong...
Head on over to SVT you'll find it to be more of a Vette forum than anything ....
Old 10-30-2013, 12:24 PM
TECH Regular

I know what the op posted for. What I'm getting at is why are you surprised when you have gm fans trying to explain why the video wasn't accurate. Which on the very first post in that svt forum they try and say gm was cheating in the z28 video...
Old 10-30-2013, 12:26 PM
10 Second Club

All this because the Fif gen is so weak they want to compare the Fbody

Where them SS vs GT races at.....
Old 10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Here's another can of worms for the nutswingers. Add more power to the ZL1 to match that of the GT500 and the ZL1 will certainly be on top. Its completely irrelevent but I'm not giving two *****.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:30 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Huh??? Along with the different blowers, the pistons, heads, valves, cams, exhaust manifolds, rods, dry sump vs wet sump. A lot more than just the blower is different there.
It's bad enough to insist on jumping in conversations you don't know anything about, but he's also incredibly stubborn. I gave him plenty of opportunity to look up what he was talking about so he could discover for himself that he was wrong. He didn't. And even when he has been PROVEN 100% wrong, he is still trying to save face. Like I said, I don't even like trying to have intelligent conversations with him.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Here's another can of worms for the nutswingers. Add more power to the ZL1 to match that of the GT500 and the ZL1 will certainly be on top. Its completely irrelevent but I'm not giving two *****.
May I add another can of even more worms? Give the GT500 the suspension capability of the ZL1 and BOOM goes ze dynamite.

I'm pretty sure you were just ******* around, though
Old 10-30-2013, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Head on over to SVT you'll find it to be more of a Vette forum than anything ....
Crazy, sucks vette fans have to ruin a svt forum. I'm not a nut swinger though. Yes I love gm and their vehicles but I give respect to other cars. I like the termi cobras, mach 1s and I'd eve go as far as to say I think I'd rather have a new gt500 over a zl1 if I had to chose. I just don't get the "fan boy" argument when you're on the fan website.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Banned

He's on ignore but I think MAC's mad for some reason...screen shows four consecutive replies within 7-8 mins.
Actually i just had gotten back on since i do sleep again go back yo svtforum bc you know nothing autosnake
Old 10-30-2013, 12:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Actually for the record motor trend or road and track even said that the gt500 uses the stage 3 super charger and the Zl1 uses the stage 2 considering it comes from the same company. Also why would GM put the same s/c on the camaro/cts-v that it has on the beloved Zr1? Thats the main difference between the Ls9 and the LSA motors. Also the gt500 didn't always start out in a ford factory yea eventually like i said fors took over it completely and started producing it in its own factories but it wouldn't even become a realization with out the help of mr. Shelby. What ypu have said holds just as much merit as saying the HPE700 Camaro is the true stock competitor of the gt500
The TVS1900 and 2300 aren't the same blower. So...GM didn't do that. And you're saying that's the main difference between the LS9 and LSA? Not the forged internals and different cam...the blower. Gotcha. The GT500 is literally nothing more than an evolution of the '03-'04 Cobra. As said before, it could just have easily been called the Cobra instead, and it would be the exact same car. It has always been made in the Ford plant. Carroll Shelby had basically nothing at all to do with the development. It doesn't have any "aftermarket" parts. What you said has zero merit. So please stop talking out of your *** about stuff that you CLEARLY don't know anything about.
So your calling people who write about cara for a living wrong? Gotcha bc you know everything right? Considering that the S/C Ls3 (LSA/Ls9) wouldn't have no where near the power that it makes in the Zr1 or Zl1 with out that S/C id call that the main difference. And Carrol Shelby had nothing to do with it? LMFAO yea that just proves my point that your just as smart as auto,and snake95......
Old 10-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Banned

May I add another can of even more worms? Give the GT500 the suspension capability of the ZL1 and BOOM goes ze dynamite.

I'm pretty sure you were just ******* around, though
More excuses from the number one ford nutswinger.... If this and if that booohooo stop crying and stop making excuses
Old 10-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Banned

This two plenty of people who actually own the Zl1 and are on this site said it would be a completely different car and would more then likely destroy the gt500. I like the gt500 but when ford retards hang on to the fact that for the past ten years its been soley built in a for factory and they completely forget the fact that Carrol Shelby was asked by ford to build them a new pony car is ridiculous to me. If you dont like the HPE700 Camaro how about we just compare the COPO Camaro considering its more on the lines of what a Shelby mustang is.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:06 PM
10 Second Club

This two plenty of people who actually own the Zl1 and are on this site said it would be a completely different car and would more then likely destroy the gt500. I like the gt500 but when ford retards hang on to the fact that for the past ten years its been soley built in a for factory and they completely forget the fact that Carrol Shelby was asked by ford to build them a new pony car is ridiculous to me. If you dont like the HPE700 Camaro how about we just compare the COPO Camaro considering its more on the lines of what a Shelby mustang is.
Not sure if retarded or....
Old 10-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Not sure if retarded or....
Not sure if gay ..... Oh wait you drive a mustang yup your gay.....
Old 10-30-2013, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Damn man that was a good one

Let me call my 14 year old little brother for a rebuttal to that comeback

Quick Reply: GT500 VS ZL1 @ the RING