Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ford vs Chevy Night (STL)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted099
We just go out to have fun man and thanks syndicate, I love vid. Didnt know my car leaves that hard
That's all I want to do. Ppl ask what I have done I just tell them lol. I just want to have fun and run some cars.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet video. Do the cops just not care?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by black79transam
Sweet video. Do the cops just not care?
All the people that come out respect and appreciate our police and try to stay out of their way. Secondly, we attempt to stay safe. These runs were on a one way street with no need for aggressive braking.

Last edited by Black Night; 11-22-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Boosted099
We just go out to have fun man and thanks syndicate, I love vid. Didnt know my car leaves that hard
I telling you right now, your 99 Turbo Cobra would have pulled a wheel if there was more traction that night.

I'm standing more than 60 feet away with the lens zoomed in. Your coming by me in the top of second gear which might be 65-70 mph and was still out atleast a car on a badass Vette.

I wonder if the Vette could even up the race with a better tire combo? He had nice tires but maybe they should be taller to take some gear out. He laid some marks like you did but your car kept moving better.

I have a feeling there might be a part 2 to this saga early next year.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
That's all I want to do. Ppl ask what I have done I just tell them lol. I just want to have fun and run some cars.
We would be running this weekend but the weather is forcast is below freezing for tonight and Saturday. I will still go out but I doubt there will be any digs. Never know... Maybe more 10-30 mph rolls.

My M/T Streets don't do much work at 28 degrees so I assume the same for most other cars. There might be a couple AWD cars lurking this weekend which will be getting sprayed if they try me tonight.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black Night
We would be running this weekend but the weather is forcast is below freezing for tonight and Saturday. I will still go out but I doubt there will be any digs. Never know... Maybe more 10-30 mph rolls.

My M/T Streets don't do much work at 28 degrees so I assume the same for most other cars. There might be a couple AWD cars lurking this weekend which will be getting sprayed if they try me tonight.
Little cold specially since I don't have heat haha, I live about a hour and ten away. So usually a couple days a head of time and I am not busy I like to go play. But my car has hooked well this cold but the street was prepped.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Little cold specially since I don't have heat haha, I live about a hour and ten away. So usually a couple days a head of time and I am not busy I like to go play. But my car has hooked well this cold but the street was prepped.
Well, you let me know whenever you want to come down. I will do my part to bring the cars and provide the video. We come out every weekend unless it rains. Weather determines the turn out and type of runs.

Also, bring cars with you. We get tired of runnig each other which causes friction after a while.

Any 13-9 sec cars are welcome to come in any config. The more, the better. 4 cyl, 6, 8, whatever. Let's get it. Tell them we will give dig and rolls.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:08 AM
10 Second Club

Sounds good!!
Old 11-23-2013, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool race between the blown vette and turbo cobra.... Would love to see that go down on a prepped track... Cobra is nasty!

Quick Reply: Ford vs Chevy Night (STL)