Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C7 vs. Z06 vs. 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by audacious nick
And no matter what you say, the LT1 still hasn't been around very long. And the LS7 is still likely to drop a valve.
Even though he messes with you guys truth here.

HioSLOW truth here. Do your heads
Old 01-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
No there wasn't. Lol Those were heads/cam numbers in the very beginning. I remember when Katech's Street Attack 54Xwhp LS7-powered Camaro was a huge deal in 2007. 550+whp just wasn't common in those days. The LT1 lacks displacement but has years of technology on its side. You'd be a fool not to consider that.

Considering what LMR has done with very little R&D, 600whp LT1's will be a thing of the future. There are 4XX stroker kits for the LT1 currently in development. Here's an engine dyno graph of one that TSP is testing. Keep in mind these are the preliminary stages, basically heads/cam cars lacking majority of the usual supporting mods.

http://m.corvetteforum.com/attachmen...lt1vsstock.jpg

Just like with every other GM series engine it will get better with time.

Trust me, eventually it will. All things equal.

I am fully aware of how well LS7's perform. It took guys a while to put up numbers like that tho.

The C7 has been out since what, late August/early October? As I mentioned, LMR's car already made 551 with a stock airbox, stock (non-ported) intake manifold which guys are seeing 10-15whp from ported ones, no U/D, EWP etc....not even full bolt-ons, basically just heads/cam/exhaust & tune and that's it. All from a little 376ci too. I can only imagine what we will see with more R&D of this engine.

300 pounds heavier than a C6 Z, but the C7's LT1 makes a considerable amount more low-end/midrange torque. Stock they're at 300 ft-lbs @ 1000-rpm!!

I'm just excited about the latest series engine.
Originally Posted by UBoysPlayBall?
Like I said, give it time. Its only been 4 months. Lol
I agree with everything you are saying about technology. However, I can show you old school motors with 800HP that are carbed...can't get around the cubes.

I am sure the LT1 will be very potent! If they can go 738RWHP N/A stroked, or 650+RWHP on the stock cubes...I'll eat my words. I still think it's not going to happen though...
Old 01-10-2014, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Heres LG's c6z that made 540whp in December of 2005 with a mild cam and headers only...
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...ad.php?t=47977

That cam wasnt even their final product, it was a prototype cam and very streetable...

Did I mention the car had NO TUNING???
Old 01-12-2014, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Say what you want, but I still think the C6Z look way better as far as looks. Just looks meaner to me. I do like the C7 but I would buy a C6Z over the C7 all day long just for the looks. just my opinion..
Old 01-12-2014, 10:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Coonass350
Say what you want, but I still think the C6Z look way better as far as looks. Just looks meaner to me. I do like the C7 but I would buy a C6Z over the C7 all day long just for the looks. just my opinion..
Yep. Exactly how I feel.. Maybe the Z06 C7 will change the rear a little and ill like it more? Won't really matter though as it's going to be a 100K car and that's not happening anyways.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:52 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Originally Posted by Coonass350
Looks old and boring compared to the c7.

Quick Reply: C7 vs. Z06 vs. 5.0