Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Poppacapp(GT500) vs HiOSSilver(LS6 Fbody) callout thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

A very wise man in the other thread told me if my car was good I could go from any speed. That's why I like to go from a speed no one wants.

Other than that I could car less if I W or L. Either way I'm sure it will be close and that's what makes it fun. When I raced BMX as a kid I remember the closest races......the ones I really had to work for.

Besides that if I would win the digs and he would win the rolls......I'll talk about winning the digs and he will talk about winning the rolls. Nothing gets solved.......no clear W or L. If your just into testing the car.....take it to the track. But as you can tell from the few dig races that gets posted........I'm always like "**** yea a dig race".

From the way it looks I'm already gonna be giving up tire on the dig anyway.
Originally Posted by big hammer
meeting at a track would be the most best.
Agreed. If you are both driving to an unfamiliar location, finding a good spot to run em' may be tricky. Also, if poppa wants to make this a meet a track would prob. be the best location. That way everybody can get in on the action!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

It sure would......then EVERY advantage goes to to Poppa except weight.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 156 Likes on 107 Posts

this better make some racing come to fruition or i'm going to have to start smacking bitches.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I keep ******* saying this. SRK Fayettenam meetup. It's right off a highway so we can do rolls too. Boom.

Last edited by Guitar; 01-09-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Did you add mods since last outing?
No I haven't... well.. nos? nah... But no, my last outing was rediculously bad on those tires. I should have never tried to run them. They are an "ok" 40- tire.. they stick decent.. but launching them is a waste of time. So according the SRK logic, my quickest et that day was 124mph. So I am a 124mph car. Hio should have nothing to worry about.

Originally Posted by adamantium
lmao the car with like 200 more WHP wants his roll and wont give the lower roll to a bolt on NA car. Sickening gt500crew
??? Read the thread dummy. He wants the dig races. I am giving him those. I want 40 roll races. He doesn't want to give me 40 and is countering with 20. How is that not giving him HIS races? Go back and play with your wittle dirtbike kid.

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
are you really that worried about losing your ls1tech cred that you wont give him his race? it would be such a shame that when you get beat, you cant talk up how wonderful your car is and how every f-body should be running 130with bolts ons.

he is willing to give you your race, why not give him his. there is nothing on the line, no money, why make such a big deal out of it. just show up and have fun!
^ this. I can understand us doing a dig race by me calling Hio out IF we were local.. but comon.. I am driving 3hrs to do a race. It should at least be worth my while...

Originally Posted by 8ty8 LS1
i don't understand so many stipulations. its techinically (from what i'm reading) a friendly street race. Show up, BS, run'em, don't be an ***, and get some beers. In all fairness Hio, he is giving you what you're asking for. The decent thing to do would be to at least let him have his run since he's putting himself in an uncomfortable spot by running from a dig. But that's just me.
The only reason I wanted to post that stuff is to make sure there is no confusion at the race AFTER driving 3 hours. I am a proactive type of person and like getting details out of the way ahead of time.

Originally Posted by big hammer
this better make some racing come to fruition or i'm going to have to start smacking bitches.
We gon do eet mang. Just have to figure out detail/timeframe/location etc.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very excite!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

That was funny......runs out to get a bigger holesaw....lol

Send me the FAQ on holesawing mang. I need some tips.

I've always tried to reserve rolls for impromptu street encounters.

Thats why I like running rolls. More likely to run into this type of situation in everyday driving. But I have setup roll races before too.. I just like them better.

So we both run out 4th in mid 130's.

Looks like it.. we can run out 4th gear both dig and roll

On the call out I always thought the dude being called out got his run. Maybe that's just me. At any rate me saying I'll do a 20 is the perfect compromise. I don't want it and he don't either.

Generally.. like I mentioned above.. if we were closer to each other I could see it. But this long drive for each of us.. it should be fun for both of us.. and dig only would not be fun for me.

A very wise man in the other thread told me if my car was good I could go from any speed. That's why I like to go from a speed no one wants.

Both our cars are good. I just like mah 40s

Other than that I could car less if I W or L. Either way I'm sure it will be close and that's what makes it fun. When I raced BMX as a kid I remember the closest races......the ones I really had to work for.

+100 I would do it for fun. I am not one of those to get all butthurt if I lose. I think we will have good races.. both dig and roll.

Besides that if I would win the digs and he would win the rolls......I'll talk about winning the digs and he will talk about winning the rolls. Nothing gets solved.......no clear W or L. If your just into testing the car.....take it to the track. But as you can tell from the few dig races that gets posted........I'm always like "**** yea a dig race".

i don't care if we tie. I think I will do better on the dig runs than people will give me credit for.. but that is ok. It will be fun either way.

From the way it looks I'm already gonna be giving up tire on the dig anyway.
Not really giving up tire. I am just needing to run a tire that can handle the torque I put down. Sort of like if your tires work good with your setup.. there is no advantage for me to have a tire that works with mine. I still haven't decided which tire to order yet. Might go the Hoosier route.. then again Et Street... don't know yet.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:38 AM
12 Second Club

First and foremost, this will never happen. Calling that now.

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
20mph will be a first gear start for me. When I go wot.. instant wheelspin... when I hit 2nd gear.. instant wheelspin and I have to feather the hell out of the throttle.
#1 Buy Hoosiers, not MT.
#2 Do a big ol burnout before the race, dig or roll

And since you want a dig and a roll, dig and 10mph. Flip a coin if you need a tiebreaker for which race to rerun.

There I solved it for you.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Teching In

stop... its hammer time
Old 01-09-2014, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WSsick
uh huh...

Originally Posted by It'llrun
In for results, expecting none.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick

#1 Buy Hoosiers, not MT.
#2 Do a big ol burnout before the race, dig or roll

And since you want a dig and a roll, dig and 10mph. Flip a coin if you need a tiebreaker for which race to rerun.

There I solved it for you.
10mph might as well be a dig in my car. He say 20, I say 40.. so maybe... 30
Old 01-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on y'all. Shoot for early this week, or the weekend. I'll throw $100 down to help cover some of the gas. I wanna see this ****!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:35 AM
9 Second Club

Internet racers.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Banned

??? Read the thread dummy. He wants the dig races. I am giving him those. I want 40 roll races. He doesn't want to give me 40 and is countering with 20. How is that not giving him HIS races? Go back and play with your wittle dirtbike kid.

Dude you called him out, he said his terms. You got to realize you got 200whp over his car and your complaining about him not wanting to do a high roll? Dafuq. Your car doesn't hook, thats a personal problem. Fix it then, call out again.

Ill line it up with that hunk of ****. Come to miami and i promise you we got $ to put down against WHATEVER your car has to offer. We got it covered with a "dirtbike". 1/4 or 1/8. **** my bike will be out in a week, line it the **** up.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Banned

On the call out I always thought the dude being called out got his run. Maybe that's just me. At any rate me saying I'll do a 20 is the perfect compromise. I don't want it and he don't either
Exactly!
Old 01-09-2014, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Hell yeaz!

Seriously.. anyone who is with a decent drive from where we figure out where to meet needs to come make an event of it. Car meets rock
Dang, thats like 8 hour drive for me, or we would be there, Hey maybe if this happens later in the year we can come over for the weekend?!!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by adamantium
Dude you called him out, he said his terms. You got to realize you got 200whp over his car and your complaining about him not wanting to do a high roll? Dafuq. Your car doesn't hook, thats a personal problem. Fix it then, call out again.

Ill line it up with that hunk of ****. Come to miami and i promise you we got $ to put down against WHATEVER your car has to offer. We got it covered with a "dirtbike". 1/4 or 1/8. **** my bike will be out in a week, line it the **** up.
I don't want a high roll. I want a 40 roll. Standard roll start speed. And my car will hook just fine with my 15x10's on it. I'm not complaining one bit about the dig races. I'm doing them. But to drive 3 hours for only that? Nah.. I want to make it fun, and maybe turn it into a car meet where everyone can have a good time and talk cars. That's the type of thing I am looking for out of this. But it's people like you that are the ones in these groups that try to instigate, and start ****.

So you don't like the terms being discussed in this thread? GTFO of it then. And go play with your shitty dirtbike. Same terms biotch.. I'll run your dirtbike from a 40 roll hoe'.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Come on y'all. Shoot for early this week, or the weekend. I'll throw $100 down to help cover some of the gas. I wanna see this ****!
Definitely won't happen that soon man. Sorry. I have to order my tires, and figure out where we are going to do this.

I would LOVE to do the digs at VIR.. they have Test and tune weekend March 1st. But that is a 4.5 hr drive for me to get there, and driving that far, I will have to arrange a truck and trailer to bring it. Not driving to a dragstrip that far away and risk something breaking(I still have the stock 2 pc driveshaft and its rated for way under what I currently have.. need a 1 pc aluminum)
Old 01-09-2014, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stockz
Dang, thats like 8 hour drive for me, or we would be there, Hey maybe if this happens later in the year we can come over for the weekend?!!!!
I was looking at the VIR test and tune in March maybe.. its a longer drive for me than Hio, but I could come up that Saturday, get a room, test and tune, dig race Hio at the track, then we can leave and hit the highway for a couple rolls.

That might be best for everyone.. a meet at VIR would be cool as hell. Then after the test and tune, we could all go grab something to eat, get the roll races out of the way, and have a hangout and bullshit.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Launching!

remember poppa, adamantium comes from the honda world. he's got a friend who's brother's father-in-law has something to whoop you...

Quick Reply: Poppacapp(GT500) vs HiOSSilver(LS6 Fbody) callout thread