Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TX2K14 check in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 12:13 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
My car is ready. Washed and waxed it today and it's tucked in the garage until Wednesday morning when I leave.
I wish I could say the same Corey. Lol. My car should be leaving on the trailer from NJ sometime tonight. Whether it is running or not when it gets loaded is anyone's guess. Lol
Old 03-10-2014, 12:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be heading to the roll race event on Wednesday and staying in Houston for the rest of the week, may be picking up a car while I'm there so maybe I can have fun with the slow cars and I mean SLOW. 400whp area. lol.

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Hate people who look down on others for less horsepower.

Why don't you come say that type of over-inflated **** to me. Just a lousy 1600whp V.
+1

I'm going to shake your hand for that post.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:29 AM
12 Second Club

I don't think he was looking down on them. I agree that 400hp cars should NOT be trying to run in the same pack as 1000+ cars. With the way the cops are gonna be, the last thing we need are slower cars leaving a bigger trail behind as to where we are going. Not hating at all, just trying to make a point...
Old 03-10-2014, 05:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My car is ready. Washed and waxed it today and it's tucked in the garage until Wednesday morning when I leave.
I'm with ya man.. Been rushing to break in my new rear gears... Gotta dump the diff oil and change it. Clean the car up/wax it on Thursday and be ready to head to Sealy Friday afternoon..

Gonna be a thrash for sure... But I have buddy's that don't even have their engines in yet and planning on going so....it could be worse..

I just hate to see what the PO PO is gonna be like out on the skreets...
Old 03-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Teching In

My zx-10 brokeded. Now I have nothing to keep up with.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
Hate people who look down on others for less horsepower.

Why don't you come say that type of over-inflated **** to me. Just a lousy 1600whp V.
And you will have plenty of people to deal with in Texas. Good luck kiddo, you'll need it.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHitman
And you will have plenty of people to deal with in Texas. Good luck kiddo, you'll need it.
I'm not looking at picking on fast cars, just on the mid level ones who think low hp cars don't deserve to be there.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Look out for a green turbo Duster, and red 97 (paddle shifted!) TT Viper GTS. Those are the guys from my tune shop hoping to out run some Lambos. Big 3 Racing is their name.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
I wish I could say the same Corey. Lol. My car should be leaving on the trailer from NJ sometime tonight. Whether it is running or not when it gets loaded is anyone's guess. Lol
I saw this late Matt but I did however see the picture of the hauler. That's so badass. See you soon buddy!

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I'm with ya man.. Been rushing to break in my new rear gears... Gotta dump the diff oil and change it. Clean the car up/wax it on Thursday and be ready to head to Sealy Friday afternoon..

Gonna be a thrash for sure... But I have buddy's that don't even have their engines in yet and planning on going so....it could be worse..

I just hate to see what the PO PO is gonna be like out on the skreets...
Yeah I'm just gonna pick my spots cause the last thing I or anyone needs is to get arrested. Probably gonna skip going to Sealy this year and just hang around the city or hotel until the night falls. Wouldn't mind checking your car out so pm me Friday.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:33 AM
12 Second Club

I saw this late Matt but I did however see the picture of the hauler. That's so badass. See you soon buddy!
Haha thanks man. And it still isn't running so when it gets there we'll be thrashing it all day Wednesday to get it going. Dont know how much racing I'll be doing but I'd be happy just to get it broken in and get the bugs worked out.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I'm just gonna pick my spots cause the last thing I or anyone needs is to get arrested. Probably gonna skip going to Sealy this year and just hang around the city or hotel until the night falls. Wouldn't mind checking your car out so pm me Friday.

I'll be coming to Katy thurs night to meet up with a few people and tag along with the big boys.. That will probably be the extent of my street action... And maybe get some after we leave the night meet in Sealy late Friday night. I'm mainly going to TX2k to check out cars and cruise, maybe play a little but.. I'm not trying to get arrested or break stuff 2hrs away from home.. I'm always concerned about slinging a belt or popping a coupler. Not changing a belt on this thing on the side of the road.

Not sure I'll be able to get into the Marriott to hang out since I'm not staying there..(gotta have a parking pass I hear)
Old 03-11-2014, 05:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
Look out for a green turbo Duster, and red 97 (paddle shifted!) TT Viper GTS. Those are the guys from my tune shop hoping to out run some Lambos. Big 3 Racing is their name.
I saw pics of those cars on facebook. What's the details on those cars and what is their set up? Also how much power are they putting out?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:03 AM
11 Second Club

Everyone make sure to get lots of footage etc and keep us updated. I wanna feel like I am there with ya'll lol.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Turbo2vGT
I take my car there as well. I'm hoping they have a good showing for their first appearance in texas
Old 03-11-2014, 06:51 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I want so badly to go to the roll racing event but unfortunately I'll only be there Thursday night-Saturday morning. Still excited. I think the worlds fastest ZR1 will be there representing KY but I don't know of any other cars going from here.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Teching In

Ill be out there Saturday for the drags. Not racing though. Just picked up an atomic orange c6, bone stock. Is there a place where the ls1tech guys meet?
Old 03-11-2014, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
#VegasProblems, wait till you see the kilo of blow that I put on your room charge.

lmfao
Old 03-11-2014, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I'll be coming to Katy thurs night to meet up with a few people and tag along with the big boys.. That will probably be the extent of my street action... And maybe get some after we leave the night meet in Sealy late Friday night. I'm mainly going to TX2k to check out cars and cruise, maybe play a little but.. I'm not trying to get arrested or break stuff 2hrs away from home.. I'm always concerned about slinging a belt or popping a coupler. Not changing a belt on this thing on the side of the road.

Not sure I'll be able to get into the Marriott to hang out since I'm not staying there..(gotta have a parking pass I hear)
Same here. Have a couple meet ups planned. Don't feel bad in 5 hours away. The Omni is the place where you will need passes.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:26 AM
Staging Lane

What's the deal for a meet up? Today or Thursday? I'm down for whatever, my night time schedule is free and clear!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

subscribed!

Quick Reply: TX2K14 check in!