Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mach 1's still got it......

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a video of a similar setup. LS1 in video had a stall though. In this video I was on an old set of Nittos, thus the spinning in 2nd you can hear and we went up to about 90-100 and shut down. LS1 in video is now cammed and exhausted. Quite sweet sounding.

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 02-05-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 184 Likes on 129 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

mach 1's are laughable.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 479 Likes on 376 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heater
Both of those as stipulations that you made up to make yourself feel better about cars that are faster than yours.
Maybe you should step back and look at things a bit more clear. It's what you needed to do to outrun a bolt-on ls6......you know.....race gas and all on your part. WTF are you goin to do when I put the 7 in?
Originally Posted by Lawhead
Look how mad he is he can't run 10's with a 3000 pound motor swapped car

I'm not mad. Why would I be mad? Track time is commin........I'm looking forward to it
Originally Posted by "MAC"
So stopy you short shift to let the guy catch up but before he did you nailed it and left him in the dust? So technically he was playing catch up from the start. Thats what i got from your paragraph of a race. Either way your car is faster bc if it wasn't he would have been on your ***, personally i dont count races like this bc if both cars are very close in power and weight and gearing then who ever started in the lead should technically stay in the lead. Id rather race side by side bring what you run and if you win cool if not spend more money
That's what I got out of it......awesome kill though.
Because it's a cobbled together piece of **** LT1

Not everyone can go buy someone else's hotrod and it be better than they can do there self.
all that needed to be said was "LT1" no need to elaborate
**** I think modded n/a lt's has been faster than modded 4.6's.......What's so bad about the lt again?
Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Yeah but he didnt need boost
Originally Posted by Nick.H
You say as you need boost to run high 11's

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
+1. He is a psychiatrists wet dream.

Constantly touting how great his car is, and how well it performs with "bolt-ons" (HA!) while belittling anyone else’s car that runs well (or simply because it’s a ford). He must have some serious insecurities and/or his personal life sucks to feel the need to come on tech constantly beating his chest about how great his car/LS motors are. My favorite part is that he constantly has to reassure himself that he is better than everyone… either by making everyone think he has some kind of hidden talent to make cars go fast that no one else knows about and/or constantly changing or just straight ignoring parts of a discussion to suit his argument.

I only lurk on here every now and again, but that has been more than enough time to see what he is all about. It truly is amazing just how transparent some people are, even over the internet.

Alright, im done playing phychiatrist for now. Hope I didn’t upset you Hio.

Stoppsign, nice kill and love the look of that Mach!
Actually I very seldom bring my car up. They do it. You may want to check these other guys for a obsessive compulsive disorder.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by big hammer
mach 1's are laughable.
Do you have a Fbody that has run faster than 7.7 in the 1/8? Just wondering because from the sound of it you own one that has touched the 6's.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Do you have a Fbody that has run faster than 7.7 in the 1/8? Just wondering because from the sound of it you own one that has touched the 6's.
do you have a mach 1 that's been out of the 12's yet?
Old 02-05-2014, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He goes by "if Doug said it then it's easy "
Old 02-05-2014, 01:32 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

you seem so excited to have fresh nuts to gargle!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you care so much about doug? Its in every other post you make. Its starting to look like you are really butt hurt by him or the car wich is it? Explain.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heater,lawhead, its real simple. Do a bolt on ford thats faster than him. Its that simple..........or maybe its not lol.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Why do you care so much about doug? Its in every other post you make. Its starting to look like you are really butt hurt by him or the car wich is it? Explain.
It's funny picking at him because of he's such an easy target and everyone watches him change his story over and over again....Other than you and hammer...I Just point out Tyler's ability to say ****'s easy because Hio has done it yet has never done it himself

The only thing I Didn't do on my blue car that the silver car has on it is cams.......Bolt on's aren't hard
Old 02-05-2014, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

It's funny picking at him because of he's such an easy target and everyone watches him change his story over and over again....Other than you and hammer...I Just point out Tyler's ability to say ****'s easy because Hio has done it yet has never done it himself

The only thing I Didn't do on my blue car that the silver car has on it is cams to my Old blue car.......Bolt on's aren't hard
you've had several people here tell you that 11's in a bolt on ls1 isn't "hard" to do-- you just have to do the right things. you just continually choose to ignore it.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

do you have a mach 1 that's been out of the 12's yet?
NOPE! If you want to talk 1/4...Do you own a LS1 that has been 12.5 in the 1/4?
Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

you've had several people here tell you that 11's in a bolt on ls1 isn't "hard" to do-- you just have to do the right things. you just continually choose to ignore it.
Just the way you said "Doug said it was easy" is the only reason I pick at you about it.

And I've told you I've done exactly everything to my Blue car that my silver car has minus cams and you choose to ignore it.....So we're even if that makes you feel better
Old 02-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
Heater,lawhead, its real simple. Do a bolt on ford thats faster than him. Its that simple..........or maybe its not lol.
Bolt on Fords have been faster.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is a video of a similar setup. LS1 in video had a stall though. In this video I was on an old set of Nittos, thus the spinning in 2nd you can hear and we went up to about 90-100 and shut down. LS1 in video is now cammed and exhausted. Quite sweet sounding.

http://youtu.be/SeGNUCFB064
Standin' on da' console shiftin' dat bitch!!!!!
Old 02-05-2014, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Now this is laughable. If heads/Cam are bolt ons then yeah no problem. I hit the test and tunes regularly over the years. NEVER do i see BASIC BOLT on Camaros running in the 11s. Mid/high 12s best for basic bolt ons. Unless your the guy with the gutted slicks and skinny stalled auto running 11.99 @ 108 thinking your a bad ***. Anyone who runs a lot of track knows its all in the launch. My run was on street tires drove to the track, ran, drove home Zero changes. On slicks and skinnies with a hard launch would be a world of difference.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by "MAC"
So stopy you short shift to let the guy catch up but before he did you nailed it and left him in the dust? So technically he was playing catch up from the start. Thats what i got from your paragraph of a race. Either way your car is faster bc if it wasn't he would have been on your ***, personally i dont count races like this bc if both cars are very close in power and weight and gearing then who ever started in the lead should technically stay in the lead. Id rather race side by side bring what you run and if you win cool if not spend more money
It was just having fun on the way to work, nothing serious. That is all we had to work with and we both went for it. Here is a similar setup from a dig.
Nice bro its always fun no matter what anyways i raced a guy about a month ago it was a camaro ss with 1 tail pipe the one that i thought was a v6 made to look like a ss but he ran good i walked him but we raced for fun.

Last edited by "MAC"; 02-05-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Agreed...I understand that this is a GM site but you can't deny facts..

My buddy from this site GTOSPD and I had a couple of runs. His Camaro SS M6 runs damn hard but we were a good run for each other.

here was the link...about half way down page 1..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...s-convert.html

All three of us will run again soon when the rain decides to actually stop but I will post up the results.

Edit: Since our run, his car has been tuned so he might have the advantage now.
Wait let me get in on this so Bryan can stop dodging me and I can drag his turd *** down the road.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick.H
You say as you need boost to run high 11's
Let me know whats its like with that mid/high 12. I dont even remember that.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Just the way you said "Doug said it was easy" is the only reason I pick at you about it.

And I've told you I've done exactly everything to my Blue car that my silver car has minus cams and you choose to ignore it.....So we're even if that makes you feel better

You said that Doug said it was easy... Actually you continually say it.

Quick Reply: Mach 1's still got it......