Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

420 whp Cobra vs stock v6 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Almonz T/A
I'm completely agreeing on that part. 119 is a great MPH. What I'm referring to is the time. A high eleven isn't that impressive IMO for that amount of horsepower. Especially when bolt on LS1s post those times. Hell, even bolt on LT1s post comparable times. Of course the trap speed isn't as high, but that's really not what people compare when they discuss which car is faster in the 1320 do they?
You guys provide me endless comic relief. I have spent time at the track for over a decade now. We all know that trap speed is an indicator of hp and ET potential. I launched soft on street tires in full weight and street trim. I could replicate that 11 sec run from any stop light on my way home from work. I fully understand as does any unbiased and knowledgable car guy that if I pulled some weight out and switched to slicks and skinnies I would likely drip .4-.5 and gain 2-3mph. But it's ok. It's more fun when I run into you time slip toting 11.99 @ 111 guys on the street and bitch slap them.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
You guys provide me endless comic relief. I have spent time at the track for over a decade now. We all know that trap speed is an indicator of hp and ET potential. I launched soft on street tires in full weight and street trim. I could replicate that 11 sec run from any stop light on my way home from work. I fully understand as does any unbiased and knowledgable car guy that if I pulled some weight out and switched to slicks and skinnies I would likely drip .4-.5 and gain 2-3mph. But it's ok. It's more fun when I run into you time slip toting 11.99 @ 111 guys on the street and bitch slap them.
Like I said the MPH you post is very comparable to the amount of power you are making. I'm not disagreeing with you there at all. It's your choice to stay street trim when drag racing. Once again no qualms there. That's great that you are able to 'bitch slap' people running times comparable to yours. I'm sure they enjoy running even with you at the track with 100 less whp. You just add to the stereotype that Termi's tend to be dyno queens. I know exactly what Terminators are capable of, they can be stupid fast without a lot of money. However if you expect to get credibility for 'what ifs' and bench racing then I'm sorry, but you're wasting your time.

Last edited by Almonz T/A; 02-07-2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 02-07-2014, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy bench racing
Old 02-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Like I said the MPH you post is very comparable to the amount of power you are making. I'm not disagreeing with you there at all. It's your choice to stay street trim when drag racing. Once again no qualms there. That's great that you are able to 'bitch slap' people running times comparable to yours. I'm sure they enjoy running even with you at the track with 100 less whp. You just add to the stereotype that Termi's tend to be dyno queens.
I bet it makes them feel like champions. Thank you for being LS1techs most level headed member.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

I bet it makes them feel like champions. Thank you for being LS1techs most level headed member.
Terminator's are awesome, I love 'em to death, but don't expect credibility on here for stating 'what if' scenarios. Didn't mean to upset you or anything, I'm just sitting here and felt like taking some troll bait and seeing where it goes
Old 02-07-2014, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

As an LT1 owner, I can appreciate how fun it can be to outrun cars much more powerful or more modified than your own at the drag strip because of a better overall setup/approach.

As far as the street thing goes, I'm currently working to fix the trap speed differential with my newest combo. I'm setting my sights for my mostly full weight, street trim, small cube LT1 on 135mph traps and once I get there I'll see what tweaks I have to make to my current combo to hit 140mph. Just want to hit 135mph in street trim and then I'll drop more weight and do what I have to do to hit 140mph with 353 cubic inches, a stock LT1 intake and 93 octane.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Ah, my apologies then I agree with you completely that it's terrible.
Do you agree that it's good or that it's terrible? You've said both thus far
Old 02-07-2014, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by snake95
Do you agree that it's good or that it's terrible? You've said both thus far
I mean the time is bad, the MPH is good
Old 02-08-2014, 02:24 AM
Teching In

In the real world from a dig or in the 1/8 mile your cobra has no chance against a stalled auto ls1 that runs hig 11's.

If you are barely scraping 11's and trap that high then that is an indicator of a shitty 1/8 mile.
Old 02-08-2014, 05:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 4PointSlow
In the real world from a dig or in the 1/8 mile your cobra has no chance against a stalled auto ls1 that runs hig 11's.

If you are barely scraping 11's and trap that high then that is an indicator of a shitty 1/8 mile.
Lol no ****. I know a cam stall Z28 that dyno'd 360 that'd embarass him.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

However on the other hand Termi's tend to just be dyno queens, they produce bad track times for the amount of power they make. Either way the video illustrates what happened, not going to argue with it. Good race.

Says the guy with 456 whp and only posting high 11's

Oh yeah?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...ton-video.html
Old 02-08-2014, 08:28 AM
Teching In

That race was bs^ you could clearly see the front end of the vette dip between shifts and when he wasn't shifting like complete *** he was freight training the cobra at the end.

Couldn't drive for ****, near 2.2 60 foot on 345 width drag radials? Whoever drove the cobra beat that driver, not the car.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:38 AM
10 Second Club

That race was bs^ you could clearly see the front end of the vette dip between shifts and when he wasn't shifting like complete *** he was freight training the cobra at the end.

Couldn't drive for ****, near 2.2 60 foot on 345 width drag radials? Whoever drove the cobra beat that driver, not the car.
The same can be said about the race between the V6 and said Cobra in this thread...
Old 02-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

Lol war
Old 02-08-2014, 08:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Packy
The same can be said about the race between the V6 and said Cobra in this thread...
Except in that race both drivers hit their shifts and it was from a roll not a dig, so there was no good launch by one and **** launch by the other.

A 370 whp/430 lb-ft 3200 lb nitrous v6 mustang should pull on a 415 whp/390 lb-ft 3700 lb cobra. The outcome is what should have happened and it was a fair race. The v6 beat the car not the driver.

That race, however, was not the case by any means.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

Hahaha, Check Mate!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

cobras are notorious underperformers.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Everyone acts like Cobras are fox body weight LoL

I think mine does pretty good for what it is
Old 02-08-2014, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Post some pics of your car please.

The Z had problems with hydraulics and the Termi had a bad tranny with a not so great 60ft time. Z still had upper hand and lost. BAD. Run what you brung.

I can't launch a termi with IRS to save my life. Tough car to launch and the weight doesn't help either. Run DRs with IRS and you risk damage. Expensive to upgrade the IRS so not a cheap problem to deal with.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

Mike

Cobras launch themselves quit with the bullshit .... Bias plys and that's it

Quick Reply: 420 whp Cobra vs stock v6 mustang