Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran into a mach 1 tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Shocker, HiO cheerleader #2 makes a Mustang thread carry on, children. Good job not double clutching on the second run, Dom.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Op..it is unfortunate that you ran into an ******* and he just happened to be driving a MACH 1 however, there are some in every car group and they give the rest of us a bad name.
Regardless, good kill! Always good to put an *** in their place!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Op..it is unfortunate that you ran into an ******* and he just happened to be driving a MACH 1 however, there are some in every car group and they give the rest of us a bad name.
This and It'llruns first reply in the thread are spot on

A$$hats drive every make and model. But please, carry on with the 42 pages of LS1 vs 4V bullsh!t.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:03 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
This and It'llruns first reply in the thread are spot on

A$$hats drive every make and model. But please, carry on with the 42 pages of LS1 vs 4V bullsh!t.
You mean me?
Old 02-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Teching In

People like the mach owner that you met suck, I have never ever talked crap about another persons ride or believed that mine was better than someone else, but I also had an ls1 owner come up to me in traffic and randomly say "that's slow" to the mach 1 that I had. I just laughed and said "really?" He then proceeded to tell me how his ls1 ran a 13.1 in the 1/4 with full exhaust and idk what else, I thought it was funny and just said "wow".

So every car group has those people, In all honestly the people that don't even own "fast" cars talk the most crap. Those people always have a cousin,friend,uncle,dad or someone who has a car that can whoop someone.

Either way, I had a mach 1 that at the time had borla catback, mgw short throw shifter and a frpp aluminum drive shaft and I pulled away from a ws6 and a new camaro. The ws6 I pulled like 1 1/2 cars and the new camaro I pulled 1/2 car maybe.

The owners were cool and we both gave thumbs up.

I always thought that the mach 1 and the ls1 was a drivers race stock for stock but once modding comes the ls1 seems to be a lot cheaper and easier to gain power plus its always who has deepest pockets.

Good kill the idiot got what he deserved.

Last edited by Red5.0; 02-16-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You mean me?
Ah yes, my mistake, lol! Sorry Irun11s
Old 02-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Irun14.2 has a hard time dealing with defeat. Adam your run sounds spot on from my experiences. Stoppy has good luck because he usually out tires the guys he runs. His car is also set up to run to about 90mph (hence why his run usually stop there). His strategy is get the jump then shut down. He knows the inevitable is going to happen.
His car is setup good with his MPH his ET's are effecient, didn't he lose to a car similar to mine though? That sepno dude?

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
I agree, i just really do end up running into ALOT of ******** who own mustangs. But 80% of the domestic guys here own mustangs, so obviously the amount of ******** who drive mustangs over shadow ******** who drive f-bodys. I know like 3 dudes with f-bodys off the top of my head. Theres a mustang only shop walking distance from my job, guys are always looking at my car hard while i drive by lol. Retards.

I've driven several of both, actually. And I "know" because of what numerous people who have owned both and taken them to the track (on this forum even) have recorded. Your personal street racing experience means literally nothing to my opinion of either car. And you don't have to accept my opinion as valid either. I know that street racing is all that matters to you, so what I say means nothing to you.
I was going to say that. My car is worthless from a low roll or dig, not going to hype up my car or something its shitty as hell atm. But whatever im just sharing my personal experiences with cars that are supposed to be a good run with my car. I know i troll alot but im 100% when it comes to my kill stories.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:20 AM
***Repost Police***

As am I. And 100%, if you run into a good driver you would be surprised with how well a 5spd Mach 1 hangs with you from a dig/low roll. High roll is definitely your advantage, but equal driver a Mach is *only* about 3 tenths behind an LS1 F-body from a dig stock. As said earlier, that gap increases with mods to each car. So if that car had less mods than you, it's an easy win. Equal mods...still a probable win, but maybe not as easy.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:02 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

I still just want to know what it means to double clutch from 40?
Old 02-16-2014, 08:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I'm with you.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As am I. And 100%, if you run into a good driver you would be surprised with how well a 5spd Mach 1 hangs with you from a dig/low roll. High roll is definitely your advantage, but equal driver a Mach is *only* about 3 tenths behind an LS1 F-body from a dig stock. As said earlier, that gap increases with mods to each car. So if that car had less mods than you, it's an easy win. Equal mods...still a probable win, but maybe not as easy.
As with many cars that are close in performance from the factory, it just depends on who has more when the two cross paths on the street or track. This is common to such cars as LS1 (in Fbody) and LS2 in GTO, MACH and LS1, 13 GT500 and C6Z etc. Depending on how much modifications are done, will it be enough for a random encounter of a certain type car? That is why we mod our cars. We all want to cover our asses at a light or on the highway.

Let's face it though, if you own any of the cars mentioned above and you are not modding it, your probably do not care how fast it is and you are either using the car as a DD or intend to keep it as a weekend car with low miles and sell it later for a profit. In my opinion, these cars are sold with the intent that people will modify them.

Me personally, I do well against average bolt-on LS1/LS2 cars but only because I have a good amount of things done however, eventually I come across cars like the GTOSpd's Camaro whose car is properly modded and I get pulled. This does not mean my car is fast or slow. It simply means that my car:

on that particular day/time
against that particular car
with my particular mods
against his particular mods

either gave me a win or loss.

I think people throw words around like slow or fast way to easily without truly realizing that "fast" or "slow" are words used is terms of relativity. It is a comparison made between two objects and therefore, a certain car CAN BE fast on one day and slow on another day. It just comes down to what it is running at that particular point in time. I feel if people will think along these lines, it will probably lead to less arguments about which cars are "inherently" faster.

Last edited by MACHXLR8; 02-16-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by flattusmaximus78
I'm with you.
Originally Posted by sw07gt
Pop clutch 100

lol an Ap2 s2k was with me from a low roll, im telling you my car from a low roll or dig is garbage, not because of the car itself or my driving, its my tires. When i get some nittos i wont plan to do any 40 rolls anymore. But from your saying about the mods, from my personal experience. My friends 98 cobra had more mods than me AND tires AND was out a car or so infront and with me with traction issue it was still a waste, i went around him got infront of him and battled it out with the c5 he was racing lol.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good post, Machxlr8. Some people just don't see it that way for whatever reason.

I have been through 3 Machs and am on my 4th LS1. I have modded and tracked each one of them. From my experience with these cars, they almost always come down to the driver and/or mod list. Machxlr8 and I ran a month ago and he got out front and stayed out front. Then we ran again last week after I got tuned, did a 3" exhaust, etc and pulled him. So it can go either way just that easy.

Good run, Adam. Next time you run a Mach however, don't expect it to always be that easy to walk like that. For you to spin like that and still pull him that hard, it sounds like he should've been in a different gear or something. Machs almost always put up one hell of a fight and are more than capable of pulling an LS1 if they have a couple more mods than the LS1.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Banned

Thanks gtospd. Sup with that vert you got now? What are your plans for it? Enjoying the stick? (No homo)

I don't really go out and race though, but i think im starting to get into doing **** to my car again lol, getting a beater when income tax comes in and parking the fireturd, for a while so it gets some proper treatment
Old 02-16-2014, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

When the Camaro was bone stock.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
Thanks gtospd. Sup with that vert you got now? What are your plans for it? Enjoying the stick? (No homo)

I don't really go out and race though, but i think im starting to get into doing **** to my car again lol, getting a beater when income tax comes in and parking the fireturd, for a while so it gets some proper treatment
I like it, but really miss my black t-top and the automatic. I only went vert due to the price/mileage/condition. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought a vert. Shifting is more fun to actually drive, but when it comes down to racing this 6-spd has nothing on that stalled auto. I'm hoping to cam it before this summer, undecided on 4.10s, but other than that I doubt I'll do much more other than cosmetics.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
I like it, but really miss my black t-top and the automatic. I only went vert due to the price/mileage/condition. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought a vert. Shifting is more fun to actually drive, but when it comes down to racing this 6-spd has nothing on that stalled auto. I'm hoping to cam it before this summer, undecided on 4.10s, but other than that I doubt I'll do much more other than cosmetics.
Nice man, not a fan of verts but yours runs really good for being a vert aren't they alot heavier?
Old 02-16-2014, 07:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by adamantium
Nice man, not a fan of verts but yours runs really good for being a vert aren't they alot heavier?
Yea me either. I'll hang on to it for a little while, but I don't see it being in the garage for several years or anything. Just not in love with it like that.

About 150lbs heavier, but I've already taken care of that issue. It should be about 3450ish now.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with the posts on here. A Mach 1 tends to be a driver's race with an LS1 stock for stock, but as said, given equal driver skill, the LS1 has a 0.3 second advantage in the 1/4 - which makes me wonder if the same people who argue without thought on this debate feel that the LS3 Camaro SS is the same driver's race with the new 5.0 given that the advantage is to the 5.0 in 2 or 3 tenths?

Just a curiousity which I'm sure will stir this pot a little more...

IMO, MachXL8 hit the nail on the head with his post
Old 02-16-2014, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Feels like a full second or more when i race a ls3 camaro with my 5.0 lol

And with my 392 its not even a fair race

Quick Reply: Ran into a mach 1 tonight...