Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Results from callout against 700+ HP Nitrous/Supercharged Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Don't cut out the rest of the post Stoppy. And no that is not how I said it.

Op never mind him......he's pissed because his modded slick tired mack don't go over 108 traps.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like said Hiho, MPH means squat at the track. ET is what matters along with reaction time. But you wouldn't know about that...
Old 02-21-2014, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01_ram-air
In the Gator/Havoc race... they were expecting a full tree and got hit with a pro tree. John was on the Tbrake and Chris was footbraking. Lights dropped and John let go of the button and off he went. It was about a .500 head start lol.
Yeah WTF. They did that **** to me too. They said lanes 3-4 were full and 5-6 were pro. The only thing I can think of is that because there weren't that many cars in the staging lanes, that the staging lane dude told 2 cars to go (1 from lanes 3 or 4 and the other from 5 or 6) and the tower decided what tree we got. LOL.

I had my head turned when Chris/John raced. Then when I heard Chris's tires (I think it was Chris's car) hit the pavement I heard a loud thump then looked up and Chris was looking at the sky! haha. Looks like he let off for a sec then got back in it when he should of just put it in 2nd. Hopefully he didn't ding up anything too bad. Still it was a good run.

That primer'd turbo gray mustang (03/04 style) was loud as ***! I'm sure many of those guys were testing for NMRA in 2 weeks.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:27 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Like said Hiho, MPH means squat at the track. ET is what matters along with reaction time. But you wouldn't know about that...
So then......this means you would rather have a 12.0 car @ 109 than a 12.0 car @ 115.

I understand..........lmao

Anyone else feel that way? After all mph means squat.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I was watching him in the side mirror pulling like a choo choo train. I was definitely hoping the finish line came quick.

Tell me about it. I went 10.01 on the pass right before this....

I'll keep playing with the 175 shot for now. I think I can get her to run 9s as she is.

I still have to shift her. You can actually hear me being a little late on the 1-2 shift and bang the rev limiter. Doh!
Feels great when you take out someone you were not suppose to beat !!! Ask me how I know

Nice Job!!
Old 02-21-2014, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
So then......this means you would rather have a 12.0 car @ 109 than a 12.0 car @ 115. I understand..........lmao Anyone else feel that way? After all mph means squat.
Dumbshit.

He's saying he'd rather run 11.7 @ 112 than 12.2 @ 116.

When Lawhead ran a 10.97 you cried that you trapped higher. When he ran 10.7 @ 131 you cried he had a blower. There is no end to your whining and little bitch stipulations.

Stopsign could run a 10.9 @ 131 and you would say something about launching at too high of an RPM...
Old 02-21-2014, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Well lawhead did need a slick and a aftermarket blower to do what a n/a bolt-on ls6 does. Get used to it furd boy.

Again.....just answer the question. Stoppy has told me that I waste mph. The stipulations you put into the equation is twisting the question.

So again....would rather have a 12.0 car @ 109 than a 12.0 car @ 115?
or.............would rather have a 12.0 car @ 112 than a 12.0 car @ 118?
Those are 2 great examples of times that can happen very easily. Not on the extreme's that you put in to twist the outcome. If you would like we can change the mph to 112 and 118.

There did it for ya.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Well lawhead did need a slick and a aftermarket blower to do what a n/a bolt-on ls6 does. Get used to it furd boy. Again.....just answer the question. Stoppy has told me that I waste mph. The stipulations you put into the equation is twisting the question. So again....would rather have a 12.0 car @ 109 than a 12.0 car @ 115? or.............would rather have a 12.0 car @ 112 than a 12.0 car @ 118? Those are 2 great examples of times that can happen very easily. Not on the extreme's that you put in to twist the outcome. If you would like we can change the mph to 112 and 118. There did it for ya.
So you're slower than him in regards to trap AND ET. Got it. It took you to get down to 29XXlbs in an f-body, AND a motor swap...to still go slower than him

Stopsign is saying he'd take a good ET for the trap instead of an OK ET and a high mph, you know what he means and you're just dancing.

Inbreeding really does cause the structure of brain cells to deteriorate, huh?

You have about 3 people on here who agree with you most of the time, and on a GM site where you think you know it all - that's pretty sad. You'd think it would teach you some level of humility, but nope!

Irunelevens hit the nail on the head when he said "laughing stock".
Old 02-21-2014, 01:45 PM
11 Second Club

I'll take a car that ET's over a car that MPH any day of the week cause the ET car will put money in my pocket unlike the MPH that would take it out.

-Mark
Old 02-21-2014, 02:15 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
I'll take a car that ET's over a car that MPH any day of the week cause the ET car will put money in my pocket unlike the MPH that would take it out.

-Mark
Depends on the race.

Dig=ET
Roll=MPH
Old 02-21-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

People that like roll racing are people that can't drive their *** out of a paper bag.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
Depends on the race.

Dig=ET
Roll=MPH
Yes...but roll racing for money is gay.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:31 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

People that like roll racing are people that can't drive their *** out of a paper bag.
Originally Posted by Guitar
Yes...but roll racing for money is gay.
Haha, I'm good with all racing.

PS. some of us have issues hooking on the street even above 60mph.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

OR, people who have not got everything fixed, I.E. crapy 10 bolt rear.

That being said, i glad i finally got the trans and rear done, Now I can dig without eating 4 rear ends, 2 per year lol
Old 02-21-2014, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

In the Gator/Havoc race... they were expecting a full tree and got hit with a pro tree. John was on the Tbrake and Chris was footbraking. Lights dropped and John let go of the button and off he went. It was about a .500 head start lol.

Chris went 9.49 a while ago. Once. I'm not sure if it's ever gone .50s... potentially. From what I know... the car has run 9.60s consistently. That's what it ran Saturday a couple times.
Hmm... Yeah well... I was sure someone said it ran even quicker, but I'm probably remembering wrong. I like Chris, but haven't been to his site in a long time.

The ole Slobra held its own. It will go quicker with seat time... if the driver decides to go back to the track. It's got the power and MPH to run 9s for sure. I'll probably collect the timeslip first though
Nice.

Tell him It would be quicker if he had it painted...
Old 02-21-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Well lawhead did need a slick and a aftermarket blower to do what a n/a bolt-on ls6 does. Get used to it furd boy.
Really? Looks like the n/a bolt-on ls6 must belong to someone other than you... 'cause his ran 10's and you never did. Get used to THAT, wannabe!
Originally Posted by snake95
Did he get that from me?

Originally Posted by Bitemark46

-Mark
You race from 0mph.. That's why you prefer what you prefer... so do I because I don't feel safe or smart enough to race on the street.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Lawhead did it with a DOT bias ply not a slick. You also needed a faceplated transmission and lotsa weight reduction.

Pretty much!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
So you're slower than him in regards to trap AND ET. Got it. It took you to get down to 29XXlbs in an f-body, AND a motor swap...to still go slower than him

Stopsign is saying he'd take a good ET for the trap instead of an OK ET and a high mph, you know what he means and you're just dancing.

Inbreeding really does cause the structure of brain cells to deteriorate, huh?

You have about 3 people on here who agree with you most of the time, and on a GM site where you think you know it all - that's pretty sad. You'd think it would teach you some level of humility, but nope!

Now I'm gonna own you like I did Law and Irun14's recently in oda's thread.

A---My car has never been raced at the29xx

A again--- You brought my car into this when you guys say I do

B-- You're racing someone elses car.........pathetic all in it's own.

C-- Looks like you and the furd guy's are aways in the circle jerk

D-- This little ls6 sure does bring the *** hurt from you guys

And you guys tell me I twist ****. You're posts are nothing but twists.
Originally Posted by islander033
Depends on the race.

Dig=ET
Roll=MPH
This......I like a good combo of both.
Alot of times. Same can be said for guys who run a slick with a mid 12 sec car.
Originally Posted by It'llrun
Really? Looks like the n/a bolt-on ls6 must belong to someone other than you... 'cause his ran 10's and you never did. Get used to THAT, wannabe!
Did he get that from me?

You race from 0mph.. That's why you prefer what you prefer... so do I because I don't feel safe or smart enough to race on the street.
Law and my cars are .3 apart and run the same mph. I'm doin it with 200+ less hp.
Originally Posted by Packy
Lawhead did it with a DOT bias ply not a slick. You also needed a faceplated transmission and lotsa weight reduction.

Pretty much!
dot bias = slick. No 2 ways of slicing that.

IDK if I needed a fp'd trans to get there. It's what I put in it for reliability.

I coulda put a blower on it and left it at full weight......but it would be faster then.

What do you want to bet that the bitch's(snake) car is not at full weight after about my car???? anyone want to take that bet?
Old 02-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Now I'm gonna own you like I did Law and Irun14's recently in oda's thread. A---My car has never been raced at the29xx A again--- You brought my car into this when you guys say I do B-- You're racing someone elses car.........pathetic all in it's own. C-- Looks like you and the furd guy's are aways in the circle jerk D-- This little ls6 sure does bring the *** hurt from you guys And you guys tell me I twist ****. You're posts are nothing but twists. This......I like a good combo of both. Alot of times. Same can be said for guys who run a slick with a mid 12 sec car. Law and my cars are .3 apart and run the same mph. I'm doin it with 200+ less hp. dot bias = slick. No 2 ways of slicing that. IDK if I needed a fp'd trans to get there. It's what I put in it for reliability. I coulda put a blower on it and left it at full weight......but it would be faster then. What do you want to bet that the bitch's(snake) car is not at full weight after about my car???? anyone want to take that bet?
Every time I think "Yep, he's done it, he can't possibly post something dumber than this", you prove me wrong every time!!! Every. Damn. Time.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Looks like you and the furd guy's are aways in the circle jerk
Agreed.

SVTP wants their fan club back.

Quick Reply: Results from callout against 700+ HP Nitrous/Supercharged Cobra