Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Single turbo Supra vs blown Vette - Mexico Racing League

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NOTAV6
no all #'s are on 91 pump only
Damn good number being all boost. I remember when I added meth injection to my ls6 it was just for cooling and the car ran so much better.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

I am happy with it just need to get a better fuel system after what the pump did after and possibly during those races don't want to deal with that.

I will more than likely add meth eventually but am torn on when I do the build if I want o switch it to E or keep it on pump and use meth ... Have a feeling I will stick with pump and meth so that I don't have to do the gas station scramble looking for e85 when I am not in Lubbock
Old 02-20-2014, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Look into Dsteck's flex fuel kit.

I'm switching to that with a Fore Innovations stage 4 kit. Can run pump or e85 if needed.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

yeah I have talked to him, that is a possibility as well, what are you going to do for tuning with that you have someone you trust for it or look into have him do tuning for you
Old 02-20-2014, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

yeah I have talked to him, that is a possibility as well, what are you going to do for tuning with that you have someone you trust for it or look into have him do tuning for you
I'll have my tuner make sure everything is fine. I have HP Tuners myself and switch tunes he has made for me depending on what I am doing.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go back to a stock fuel pump or an LPE 225 in tank pump. Then run a Bosch 044 external pump on a separate -8an and take it all the way to the rail. Use an A&A Hobbs switch (they are the best ones) to activate the 2nd pump at 4 psi.

DONE..

Stock like driveability and enough fuel for 900 rwhp...

I think your car makes decent power for 8-10 psi... An LS9 cam is basically a stock cam... I wouldn't even call that having a cam...LOL

Definitely put meth on it...

Supra did run well though, especially considering he was having spinning/shifting problems.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Go back to a stock fuel pump or an LPE 225 in tank pump. Then run a Bosch 044 external pump on a separate -8an and take it all the way to the rail. Use an A&A Hobbs switch (they are the best ones) to

activate the 2nd pump at 4 psi.

DONE..

I think your car makes decent power for 8-10 psi... An LS9 cam is basically a stock cam... I wouldn't even call that having a cam...LOL

Supra did run well though, especially considering he was having spinning/shifting problems.
Same setup over here
Old 02-20-2014, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Go back to a stock fuel pump or an LPE 225 in tank pump. Then run a Bosch 044 external pump on a separate -8an and take it all the way to the rail. Use an A&A Hobbs switch (they are the best ones) to activate the 2nd pump at 4 psi.

DONE..

Another great fuel solution

Quick Reply: Single turbo Supra vs blown Vette - Mexico Racing League