Me and Ctgreddy AGAIN lol!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014 | 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Video will up tonight or tomorrow at the latest
Old 04-12-2014 | 11:11 PM
Teching In

Finally got this done!

We did two races before I got anything on camera, a 70 roll and 45 roll. The 70 I think I put 1/2 a car on him, and the 45 I think I did 1 to 1 and a fender? I dont remember exactly I just wish I was recording them lol.

After that we went somewhere else and did 3 45 rolls, first one I effed up my 2-3 shift and he got me by like a car, second race he missed 4th. So then we got one clean run finally! He was nailing his shifts and it was a good one! I'll let the video show the run, skip to 30 seconds, and after that run you can stop the vid because it's a minute of just driving, if anyone has any good programs that are free for simple video editing let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7AQ...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-12-2014 | 11:17 PM
Teching In

Now time for the lower pulley and to finish my nitrous tune
Old 04-12-2014 | 11:24 PM
Banned

vid does not work.
Old 04-12-2014 | 11:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yes that recorded one was very legit! Greddy and I were talking and we think I might actually be 50- 100 lbs heavier than him, so i'm pretty pleased with the outcome! Even with that though, I have to give the "ever so slight edge" to him! I'm really anxious to get this thing on a real dyno and see what it makes! Man you do the pulley and i'll do the Fast intake and/or a little weight reduction and it will probably be neck and neck lol

Next run will be nitrous vs nitrous
Old 04-12-2014 | 11:29 PM
Banned

inb4hihosays370camaroshouldwinbybusses.
Old 04-12-2014 | 11:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
Finally got this done!

We did two races before I got anything on camera, a 70 roll and 45 roll. The 70 I think I put 1/2 a car on him, and the 45 I think I did 1 to 1 and a fender? I dont remember exactly I just wish I was recording them lol.

After that we went somewhere else and did 3 45 rolls, first one I effed up my 2-3 shift and he got me by like a car, second race he missed 4th. So then we got one clean run finally! He was nailing his shifts and it was a good one! I'll let the video show the run, skip to 30 seconds, and after that run you can stop the vid because it's a minute of just driving, if anyone has any good programs that are free for simple video editing let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7AQ...ature=youtu.be
Windows Movie Maker is free and already installed on Windows Vista and higher
Old 04-12-2014 | 11:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Windows Movie Maker is free and already installed on Windows Vista and higher
That's what I tried downloading and when I open it it says it wont work on my computer?? No clue why since I have windows 7 but I'll try and figure something out.
Old 04-12-2014 | 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm gonna try posted it from my end and see what happens

Old 04-13-2014 | 12:05 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by automach1
inb4hihosays370camaroshouldwinbybusses.
Your right. .......it should win easily. And by looking at hci's mod list he is far from optimal.
Old 04-13-2014 | 12:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Your right. .......it should win easily. And by looking at hci's mod list he is far from optimal.
Considering we weigh both the same roughly not sure why you think I should "easily' win! He is probably sitting close to 500 rwhp, and has much more torque. Granted If I had better heads, a Fast intake, and a little weight reduction as well it would help for sure, but so would a more aggressive port and a lower pulley on his end! I think a max effort ported/pullied Cobra and a max effort HCI f-body would be a very tight race too!
Old 04-13-2014 | 12:37 AM
Banned

Saw the video when i got home, looks like a similar out come or the cobra had some issues shifting. Those heads, intake aren't the greatest. Not every setup is the same but IMO i don't think your car runs all that bad for it not being an optimal setup. That cobra should run what? Low 120s?

If i were you id swap intakes to a single plane, get a cam spec'd for that and rev it to the moon. The LS6 is out of steam like at 6k.
Old 04-13-2014 | 07:52 AM
7 Second Club
10 Year Member

Good run!
Old 04-13-2014 | 08:36 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Considering we weigh both the same roughly not sure why you think I should "easily' win! He is probably sitting close to 500 rwhp, and has much more torque. Granted If I had better heads, a Fast intake, and a little weight reduction as well it would help for sure, but so would a more aggressive port and a lower pulley on his end! I think a max effort ported/pullied Cobra and a max effort HCI f-body would be a very tight race too!
A h/c car should thrash a pullied/ported cobro. even if his combo was great it should be a minimum of a drivers race. H/c is more whipple territory. Stop thinking need more this and that.....start thinking optimizing.

Have you been to the track? How much power does it make? Rpm range?

I'll break it down like this

mid-high 11's bolt-on's

mid 11's to high 10's cam only

high 10's to mid 10's h/c/i

All this can of course very greatly. But if you're a good wrench and have some decent parts that is very very doable these days with all the parts and info out there.

Originally Posted by adamantium
Saw the video when i got home, looks like a similar out come or the cobra had some issues shifting. Those heads, intake aren't the greatest. Not every setup is the same but IMO i don't think your car runs all that bad for it not being an optimal setup. That cobra should run what? Low 120s?

If i were you id swap intakes to a single plane, get a cam spec'd for that and rev it to the moon. The LS6 is out of steam like at 6k.
A ls6 intake will run past 6000. I picked up more in the mid range when I switched to a fast than I did at peak.

A good mod for a ls6 intake is to get a 80mm tb and then port the ls6 intake till that 80mm throttle blade falls into it.
Old 04-13-2014 | 08:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
This race you can tell my car had the slight edge, last race if he wouldn't have hit the limiter on the 2-3(that's where I started inching away last time) then he prolly would have came out on top. This time I was inching away the whole time, even the top of fourth where in the first vid you can see him starting to pull me back close. I just wish I would have recorded our first 2 races as those were better(for me anyways lol).

My car was in the low 120's(121/122) last year being upper only. After the port and when I get around to doing my lower pulley I'll be hoping for the 126/127 area.
Old 04-13-2014 | 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Good runs guys! I can't wait to get my trans done so I can get some runs in.
Old 04-13-2014 | 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

This was really the only run where I started at the right rpm, and got really aggressive with the shifting, and neither of us messed up lol!

I hear what you guys are saying about the HCI not being optimal and the extra weight issue, but that's what I have the nitrous for and it doesn't cost me a thing except for the nitrous I use
Old 04-13-2014 | 10:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
A ls6 intake will run past 6000. I picked up more in the mid range when I switched to a fast than I did at peak.

A good mod for a ls6 intake is to get a 80mm tb and then port the ls6 intake till that 80mm throttle blade falls into it.
Yeah but i believe with the CNC ported heads it becomes a choking point. Idk been on yellowbullet alot lately, seems like all the fast combos on there are running a single plan. Some guy on here went 10.70s @ 130mph with an old school camaro with an ly6 long block, milled heads, vic jr, longtubes, bret bauer cam and a carb at 3500 lb race weight. I don't see how a forged bottom end with CNC'd heads would have any issue running in the 120s with the right combo.

Another combo by a guy named BES STROKED NOVA, ran 10.8s at 129 stock Ly6 rotating assembly, arp rod bolts, mild ported L92s, custom cam, bolt ons car ran that time at 38xxlb race weight with a super vic intake.

IllusionTA on here and YB went 10.50s at 128 at 3600lb race weight with a stock LQ bottom end, milled 317s, custom cam, super vic 4150 and a stall.

I can name more but lol i think you guys get the point. All iron block too.

Last edited by adamantium; 04-13-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-13-2014 | 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Race looks about right to me honestly. I've ran Greddy's car before he got his tune right in my H/C SS and had to do everything right to get around him. Had he of had the tune and all the extra mods that he has now, it wouldn't even be a contest. His car traps low 120s, so for HCI2000 to run as close as he did with a full weight car and an LQ9 sucking through a stock LS6 intake...looks about right to me.

Get a better intake mani and drop some weight, Rod. That should really wake your car up a lot. Not that it exactly needs to be "woke" up. Good runs guys, glad yall got it done!
Old 04-13-2014 | 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GtoSpd
Race looks about right to me honestly. I've ran Greddy's car before he got his tune right in my H/C SS and had to do everything right to get around him. Had he of had the tune and all the extra mods that he has now, it wouldn't even be a contest. His car traps low 120s, so for HCI2000 to run as close as he did with a full weight car and an LQ9 sucking through a stock LS6 intake...looks about right to me.

Get a better intake mani and drop some weight, Rod. That should really wake your car up a lot. Not that it exactly needs to be "woke" up. Good runs guys, glad yall got it done!
Thanks bud! Yep I agree with what you are saying for sure, and will probably do the Fast at some point soon! Actually I may not even do that if I pull of a solid win on the nitrous! Who knows lol

Quick Reply: Me and Ctgreddy AGAIN lol!!