Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

4v Cobra full bolt ons vs stock G35 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Awesome. Street racing vids with an LS1 AND different camera/views to support the logic of LT1's are not marginally faster than old cobras. I can't tell who was farther back yet I'm supposed to just go by your word? Where's the vid of the LT1 racing the cobra? I'm sure you have that on file.

FYI my girlfriend/wife had a green 94 Z auto back in 99. Great low end but ran out of steam at 4800.

You sure do post a lot in this section. Ever race your car at the track? Or are you one of those skeet racer guys yo that got kicked off the track for going too fast?

-Mark

wow. I can smell the butthurt from here.

cobras are gayer than a bag of dicks. deal with it.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

lol. So are you saying that any aftermarket cam in an LT1 would make it slower according to your logic and "sample car". Yet us ford guys are the dipshits. Oh nice way to start the convo with name calling. Kids these days.
Don't even bother, he's one of those "you have 3 more cams!!!" kinda guys.

...and hammer will never address any comments you make to poke holes in what he's posted. He'll just ignore it and say a blanket statement about something to do with your car. EXACTLY what he did
Old 04-10-2014, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

I like how the cobros care about my lt1 so much. because I sure don't.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95

...and hammer will never address any comments you make to poke holes in what he's posted. He'll just ignore it and say a blanket statement about something to do with your car. EXACTLY what he did
fagmark never poked holes in anything. he just raged his butthurt.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
fagmark never poked holes in anything. he just raged his butthurt.
Enjoy being a keyboard badass. I'm sure it makes you feel like a grown up. I don't get butt hurt from wannabe guys like you. I actually race (at a track) and work on my own car. You know grown up things.

I'm sure you'll respond with some witty high school response. I won't see it though. I'm done with you. You aren't worth my time anymore.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

N/A 4.6 4Vs are getting slower and slower by the month. G35's and 350/370Z 6-cylinders are now kicking us to the curb.

4Vs are going to need a SC soon even for N/A 4Cyl Hondas. What has happened to this world?

We are being put out to pasture..
Old 04-10-2014, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Enjoy being a keyboard badass. I'm sure it makes you feel like a grown up. I don't get butt hurt from wannabe guys like you. I actually race (at a track) and work on my own car. You know grown up things.

I'm sure you'll respond with some witty high school response. I won't see it though. I'm done with you. You aren't worth my time anymore.
holy you're a ***. wow.

and as for the lt1\cobra debate, which it was a cobro that started it btw. I got dragged into it by your flaming butthurt.

you're still slower than the fastest bolt on lt1. oops...
Old 04-10-2014, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Bites.car is pretty bad *** if you ask me.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Hammer is mad.....

Jeez
Old 04-10-2014, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I have gone mid to high 13s in lots of 96-98 Cobras. They have the edge against an lt1 stock to stock. Just very hard to launch and you must shift it right before the limiter. Tires,at least 430s,pulleys,full exhaust,31 spline axles and carrier and a tune means easy mid 12s 108-111 depending on air. Trans sucks though. I would run combo above with 410s and 8psi blower. High 11s 116 all day long
Old 04-10-2014, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol. So are you saying that any aftermarket cam in an LT1 would make it slower according to your logic and "sample car". Yet us ford guys are the dipshits. Oh nice way to start the convo with name calling. Kids these days.
What I'm saying is that if you go around thinking cammed LT1's trap 106mph, then I'm trying to save you from looking like a moron.

Originally Posted by Heater
Pot meet kettle...

lol Dude, LT1's are superior to any 98-98 4valve mod for mod. Like hammer said, they were never a threat, and I used to get off picking on them because they were such pos'.

You Ford guys got two respectable cars, Termi's and Coyote's. Other than that you might as well be driving Honda's. You guys will stretch anything somewhat good you got going for you to beyond the horizon.

As far as LSX, they just are that damn great. Reason being people swap them into every car imaginable. It clearly shows where I stand on all of this. I give you guys credit on those two, other than that you are just being silly.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Certain body year, engine/trans mustangs are awesome cars. I own a 64.5 all original. with that being said.... 1) if these cobra's are so fast why is it losing to a stock rice car who feels the need to use their flashers before the 200ft and not LS cars?
2) that poor car got puppy kicked by that G35
Old 04-10-2014, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

That was about the worst display of a launch as possible from the Cobra. Notice how the GM nutswingers jump all over the "bad driver" excuses when it's done in a LS car but can't seem to notice it in a Mustang. Hmm... Kinda tells ya something.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
What I'm saying is that if you go around thinking cammed LT1's trap 106mph, then I'm trying to save you from looking like a moron. lol Dude, LT1's are superior to any 98-98 4valve mod for mod. Like hammer said, they were never a threat, and I used to get off picking on them because they were such pos'. You Ford guys got two respectable cars, Termi's and Coyote's. Other than that you might as well be driving Honda's. You guys will stretch anything somewhat good you got going for you to beyond the horizon. As far as LSX, they just are that damn great. Reason being people swap them into every car imaginable. It clearly shows where I stand on all of this. I give you guys credit on those two, other than that you are just being silly.
You just sound like a nuthugger that doesn't know your *** from a hole in the ground, typical LS1 domestic ricer
Old 04-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
That was about the worst display of a launch as possible from the Cobra. Notice how the GM nutswingers jump all over the "bad driver" excuses when it's done in a LS car but can't seem to notice it in a Mustang. Hmm... Kinda tells ya something.
It was an awful launch on the Cobra's part. Didn't sound like he warmed up the tires before hand at all. Judging by the showing from both cars I would say this is a fairly newbie run. I had many missed launches in both my SS and the Z when i first started. and still occasionally do if its been a while
Old 04-10-2014, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I have gone mid to high 13s in lots of 96-98 Cobras. They have the edge against an lt1 stock to stock. Just very hard to launch and you must shift it right before the limiter. Tires,at least 430s,pulleys,full exhaust,31 spline axles and carrier and a tune means easy mid 12s 108-111 depending on air. Trans sucks though. I would run combo above with 410s and 8psi blower. High 11s 116 all day long
Oh lord...now you've done it.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Oh lord...now you've done it.
Yup...He went and spouted off the truth. Huge mistake. You need to understand that here on LS1 tech Terminators run mid/high 13s stock, N/A 4v run mid/high 14s stock, and GTs are 17 second civics. This is the world these guys believe in.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Yup...He went and spouted off the truth. Huge mistake. You need to understand that here on LS1 tech Terminators run mid/high 13s stock, N/A 4v run mid/high 14s stock, and GTs are 17 second civics. This is the world these guys believe in.
I didn't intend to start a shitshow by debating Hammer's ridiculous statement, nor did I say anything that wasn't true. I just don't understand all of the hate and denial...
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You just sound like a nuthugger that doesn't know your *** from a hole in the ground, typical LS1 domestic ricer
I've owned and raced a LT1 and two LS1's from the age of 18 going forward. I have a friend with a White 97 Cobra with full bolt on's, I murdered him every damn time when I raced him with my LT1. He still has it till this day. What have you owned or raced? I speak from experience, not blatantly nut swinging on Ford's like yourself. Must suck to be on the losing side.

The fact that we are having this argument over 96-98 dohc 4.6's is a joke in itself.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Hey, don't generalize all of LS1Tech. Most of us that have been around cars for a while know the reality. I almost bought a 98 Cobra because I happen to be a huge fan of the early 4valve cars. The only reason I didn't was because the one I was looking at wasn't in the advertised condition. I had a number of friends 10-15 years ago that had some very nice and quick bolt-on cars.

Quick Reply: 4v Cobra full bolt ons vs stock G35 sedan