Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

4v Cobra full bolt ons vs stock G35 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke
I've owned and raced a LT1 and two LS1's from the age of 18 going forward. I have a friend with a White 97 Cobra with full bolt on's, I murdered him every damn time when I raced him with my LT1. He still has it till this day. What have you owned or raced? I speak from experience, not blatantly nut swinging on Ford's like yourself. Must suck to be on the losing side. The fact that we are having this argument over 96-98 dohc 4.6's is a joke in itself.
Murdered plenty and I mean puh-leeeeenty of LT1s with my 87 5.0. My 95, even being a turd, beat LS1s and even a couple fifth gens.

You're another nuthugger who has zero experience with anything other than the brand whose dick you slurp on, and even with that it sounds very limited. You talk like you have a clue about anything Ford when in reality you've never even touched one, let us watch as the almighty LS based 403 can't shake a Ford 302 I don't talk **** on the Ls1 but you make it easy to generalize LS1 owners as douchebags with your typical domestic ricer fanboy-ism Sorry about the deficiencies in your life elsewhere that cause you to cling onto the "My car is still king!!" Mentality. There there, it's gonna be alright. You can stop trying to convince yourself. I've seen plenty of high 13 second Ls1s at the track.

Whose side is really losing when your car's model didn't exist from 03-09? ******* Lawlz. I'm also sorry it chaps your *** that 4.6 4v cars pose a threat to you.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Murdered plenty and I mean puh-leeeeenty of LT1s with my 87 5.0. My 95, even being a turd, beat LS1s and even a couple fifth gens.

You're another nuthugger who has zero experience with anything other than the brand whose dick you slurp on, and even with that it sounds very limited. You talk like you have a clue about anything Ford when in reality you've never even touched one, let us watch as the almighty LS based 403 can't shake a Ford 302 I don't talk **** on the Ls1 but you make it easy to generalize LS1 owners as douchebags with your typical domestic ricer fanboy-ism Sorry about the deficiencies in your life elsewhere that cause you to cling onto the "My car is still king!!" Mentality. There there, it's gonna be alright. You can stop trying to convince yourself. I've seen plenty of high 13 second Ls1s at the track.

Whose side is really losing when your car's model didn't exist from 03-09? ******* Lawlz. I'm also sorry it chaps your *** that 4.6 4v cars pose a threat to you.
The nutswingers are all over the place in here, man. I love how folks post trap speed but no ET.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like I struck a nerve. lol From the list of cars you owned it seems that you have had your *** handed to you plenty of times and that the butthurt is strong.

I don't hate Fords, When I was 16 I wanted a 5.0, however after doing research I am so happy I did not get one, the rest is history. Like I said, If something has potential and is impressive I give it credit, in Ford's case in the 90's, there is not much I give credit to.

Oh and the pathetic thing is from 2003-2008, besides your FI cars, GM didn't need to produce anything to still beat whatever turd Ford was producing lol

And even with the new dohc 5.0's. Just a cam away from being on par. lol

You Ford guys just can't accept the truth, that's why you're on here giving each other support for sucking so much, better to suck together I guess lol.

You clearly are a Ford nutswinger, I love GM. I can accept that and embrace it, get over yourself.

End of rant.

Last edited by Raoul-Duke; 04-10-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like I struck a nerve. lol From the list of cars you owned it seems that you have had your *** handed to you plenty of times and that the butthurt is strong.

I don't hate Fords, When I was 16 I wanted a 5.0, however after doing research I am so happy I did not get one, the rest is history. Like I said, If something has potential and is impressive I give it credit, in Ford's case in the 90's, there is not much I give credit to.

Oh and the pathetic thing is from 2003-2008, besides your FI cars, GM didn't need to produce anything to still beat whatever turd Ford was producing lol

And even with the new dohc 5.0's. Just a cam away from being on par. lol

You Ford guys just can't accept the truth, that's why you're on here giving each other support for sucking so much, better to suck together I guess lol.

You clearly are a Ford nutswinger, I love GM. I can accept that and embrace it, get over yourself.

End of rant.
How you've managed to turn this into yet another LS vs the world debate, I can't fathom. The original statement that brought up my point of contention was Hammer's...in response to which, I replied with the truth about 4v vs LT1s. I was nice about it too, as he generalized all N/A 4v cars as slow...I didn't even bring up an 01 Cobro or a Mach, both of which would increase the gap that I referenced initially. You really should take a step back and try to appreciate ALL cars, you're really missing out on the joy of the hobby if you don't.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Looks like I struck a nerve. lol From the list of cars you owned it seems that you have had your *** handed to you plenty of times and that the butthurt is strong. I don't hate Fords, When I was 16 I wanted a 5.0, however after doing research I am so happy I did not get one, the rest is history. Like I said, If something has potential and is impressive I give it credit, in Ford's case in the 90's, there is not much I give credit to. Oh and the pathetic thing is from 2003-2008, besides your FI cars, GM didn't need to produce anything to still beat whatever turd Ford was producing lol And even with the new dohc 5.0's. Just a cam away from being on par. lol You Ford guys just can't accept the truth, that's why you're on here giving each other support for sucking so much, better to suck together I guess lol. You clearly are a Ford nutswinger, I love GM. I can accept that and embrace it, get over yourself. End of rant.
Says he struck a nerve, then proceeds to type a novel. You're allowed to like GM, but attitudes like yours kill the hobby when you refuse to respect other cars. I personally think your type hates Mustangs because of their popularity. The ol' chip on your shoulder from Mustangs gettin' all the attention. Lmfao.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
How you've managed to turn this into yet another LS vs the world debate, I can't fathom. The original statement that brought up my point of contention was Hammer's...in response to which, I replied with the truth about 4v vs LT1s. I was nice about it too, as he generalized all N/A 4v cars as slow...I didn't even bring up an 01 Cobro or a Mach, both of which would increase the gap that I referenced initially. You really should take a step back and try to appreciate ALL cars, you're really missing out on the joy of the hobby if you don't.
I admit 96-98 4 valves are great contenders for LT1's. I may be biased because in my experience they were never a real threat, even though maybe there were some out there that could have been. My LT1 was fast and kept very happy.

Says he struck a nerve, then proceeds to type a novel. You're allowed to like GM, but attitudes like yours kill the hobby when you refuse to respect other cars. I personally think your type hates Mustangs because of their popularity. The ol' chip on your shoulder from Mustangs gettin' all the attention. Lmfao.
You typed a novel first dude lol I do have respect for Mustangs, just not when people blow them up to be more than they are, I will say that when people blow out of proportion GM cars it also bothers me. But what can I say, there is a boat load of potential here lol Oh and I admit that I enjoy the rivalry, and I tend to "dislike" trendy things.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Maybe if the 4Vs were to have the Lucas Oil Stabilizer in our motors we could have a chance against the LT1s.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Staging Lane

I admit 96-98 4 valves are great contenders for LT1's. I may be biased because in my experience they were never a real threat, even though maybe there were some out there that could have been. My LT1 was fast and kept very happy.

You typed a novel first dude lol I do have respect for Mustangs, just not when people blow them up to be more than they are, I will say that when people blow out of proportion GM cars it also bothers me. But what can I say, there is a boat load of potential here lol Oh and I admit that I enjoy the rivalry, and I tend to "dislike" trendy things.
Honestly, for me, the general public liking Mustangs is a coincidence. When I drove my fox around, I frequently had people ask me what kind of car it was, including a grown *** man in his 50s. The rivalry sure is fun, though, I'll admit.

You're talking to a guy, too, who wishes Ford would have kept putting pushrod motors in the Mustang. It's what I learned on and it would obviously be an easier transition than going to the OHC stuff, but the OHC stuff seems to be working nicely as of late.

The general camaraderie just seems different amongst Mustang peers (get along better) and Camaro/F-body/TA/5th gen/even Vette (one-up mentality) peers. That's just my take, though, as I know plenty of Mustang douchebags as well
Old 04-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Maybe if the 4Vs were to have the Lucas Oil Stabilizer in our motors we could have a chance against the LT1s.
Lol, you feeling feisty today? You're in rare form, don't think I've ever seen you stir the pot.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly, for me, the general public liking Mustangs is a coincidence. When I drove my fox around, I frequently had people ask me what kind of car it was, including a grown *** man in his 50s. The rivalry sure is fun, though, I'll admit.

You're talking to a guy, too, who wishes Ford would have kept putting pushrod motors in the Mustang. It's what I learned on and it would obviously be an easier transition than going to the OHC stuff, but the OHC stuff seems to be working nicely as of late.

The general camaraderie just seems different amongst Mustang peers (get along better) and Camaro/F-body/TA/5th gen/even Vette (one-up mentality) peers. That's just my take, though, as I know plenty of Mustang douchebags as well
Tomato, Tamato. I agree. Better a Ford, than "some" of the import crowd lol I do have Ford friends that I have known my whole life you know.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I still remember Janine Bay saying Ford could not get a pushrod motor to pass future emissions hence the 4.6 mod motors. She also claimed a SOHC 4.6 could rev higher than the pushrod it replaced. First 96 GT 5 speed I drove I wanted to throw up...

The 4 valve Cobras could run. Many people didn't bother doing heads cam etc due to the cost and the labor to do it. They slapped a blower on it and got greedy with boost. BANG. Anything over 8 psi was trouble in those days.

I remember the 99 Cobra disaster too. Ouch....

Nothing wrong with owning one. I wouldn't mind one. For some reason even though I can't prove it the 98 Cobras seemed to run faster than the other years despite the same rating.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Lol, you feeling feisty today? You're in rare form, don't think I've ever seen you stir the pot.
LOL...yea, every once in a while i'll throw out a dig as subtle as it may be..
Old 04-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the 4v cars, they're sweet but the lose in this vid was brutal. IMO an HR 350z or 370 would be a drivers race with a 4v cobra. Honest opinion the nismo 350z that i ran with test pipes and a stand alone did better than my buddies bolt on geared 4v.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
fagmark never poked holes in anything. he just raged his butthurt.
Watch out....he'll put you on his ignore list then talk ****.
Originally Posted by hugger1975
Bites.car is pretty bad *** if you ask me.
It's ok.....you gotta take it for what it is. If he did the same effort tot a ls car he would be .5 quicker. The same effort to a LT car would be a dead heat with him.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I have gone mid to high 13s in lots of 96-98 Cobras. They have the edge against an lt1 stock to stock. Just very hard to launch and you must shift it right before the limiter. Tires,at least 430s,pulleys,full exhaust,31 spline axles and carrier and a tune means easy mid 12s 108-111 depending on air. Trans sucks though. I would run combo above with 410s and 8psi blower. High 11s 116 all day long
At my track they were basically a 14.0 car. Some of those guys could get to the 13's with mods.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Watch out....he'll put you on his ignore list then talk ****.
ermahgerd!

Old 04-10-2014, 07:14 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Poor Hammer
Old 04-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Teching In

ermahgerd!

Legit question, do you even own anything remotely quick at all? Have you ever even been to the track? Or do you just post videos of other peoples car in a sad attempt to troll?

No butthurt here, serious question.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:21 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black Mare
Legit question, do you even own anything remotely quick at all? Have you ever even been to the track? Or do you just post videos of other peoples car in a sad attempt to troll?

No butthurt here, serious question.
why does it matter to you? is this affecting you life?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:27 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

why does it matter to you? is this affecting you life?
*your*
Old 04-10-2014, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by islander033
*your*
ebonics!

Quick Reply: 4v Cobra full bolt ons vs stock G35 sedan