Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Full bolt on Termi gets drug by... An LT1 !

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014 | 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 4PointSlow
What are you talking about? The bro's over at SVTP told us it was a fact that pullied bolt on cobra's run 10's and make over 500 whp on a normal basis.

I wouldn't know, I don't go on SVTP unless I'm looking for used parts. Too many Corvette and wannabe Corvette owners over there for my taste.
Old 04-12-2014 | 08:14 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Heater
LoL, what bolt on's make a pullied car have 485 rwhp?

Anytime I've ever seen a bolt on, pullied car make over 450 to the back tire, it was a souped up dyno.
The notch made 456 which was a pulley/intake/tune/x pipe and car back. Didn't really run like it had that much power. But then I'm used to ls powa.
Originally Posted by adamantium
LS's do not sound hollow lol, they're raspy as hell. Hollow is more like modular cars mustangs, those cars sound horrible. Sounds like a tractor idling under water. The SBF stuff sounds great though certain ones, but when they got flowmasters on em or a quite muffler, jeez it sounds bad. LTx's sound awesome though.
I hate that underwater gurgle that modulars do.
Originally Posted by big hammer
I always thought so too, until I got 1-7\8 headers and 3" x piped duals with bullets on my LS. to me it sounds just ermahgerd!
Here ya go. You want a ls to sound good you have to open up the exhaust. To many think a 3" catback is good enough because that's about all that is offered. .......it's not. I picked up about a tenth and a half and 1 mph Goin from my factory slp dual dual to my 3.5" catback I made. It got a good throatry sound then too.

Notch's iroc sounds great. It has a 3" y I made into 3.5" exhaust with a bullet about mid way and the tail pipe out the back. Ls' s need bigger exhaust than people are used to putting on cars.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Even the 2valves sound nasty with exhaust. Lt1 sound better than Ls1s to me as well.
I'm Goin out to trade your car on a 2v then.
Old 04-12-2014 | 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

What muffler you running? Sounds good. I like the dual dual. I know many people that got rid of only to slow down. Interesting
Old 04-12-2014 | 08:30 PM
Teching In

What muffler you running? Sounds good. I like the dual dual. I know many people that got rid of only to slow down. Interesting
he has a sissy muffler. I have a manly dynomax through style with very little packing. It makes them sound a bit deeper if the muffler sets right in front of the axle and kills a bit of the ls rasp. Hio and I had it out over my muffler placement when he made my catback. I had to kick and scream for him not to put it at the back. Now he likes it
Old 04-12-2014 | 08:36 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Mine is a dynomax round. Notch's is a dynomax bullet. Doin the exhaust the way I do it also knocks off 25+lb over the slp dual dual.

I don't know who or how anyone could slow down by removing slp exhaust. I guess they could if they went to another run of the mill catback because the slp is not a bad piece. .....just not up to par for the best performance.
Old 04-12-2014 | 08:38 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 92cobranotch
he has a sissy muffler. I have a manly dynomax through style with very little packing. It makes them sound a bit deeper if the muffler sets right in front of the axle and kills a bit of the ls rasp. Hio and I had it out over my muffler placement when he made my catback. I had to kick and scream for him not to put it at the back. Now he likes it
Yep......ended up working real good. When I redo mine for the ls7 I'm gonna put the same muffler as you in the middle.........except it will be 4"......lol
Old 04-12-2014 | 08:47 PM
Teching In

It's completely subjective, like which instrument is more pleasing etc.,....
but imo.. it has to come together with the rythm and firing sequence, and piping combo, combustion chamber, etc. to just go to your central nervous system and hit.
I have an open bay facing a street with 35,000 cars a day traffic count, approx. at middle of second gear on our side of 6 lanes, dig territory/red light on other side of street (or WFO if light is green..to Interstate on-ramp,)
so I hear alot of vehicles. My observations on exhaust notes..

1. LS's..especially 'vettes with proper exhausts...are totally ******* pleasing.

2. Nissan VR's and even VQ's with tuned exhausts are music also, and the rare 2jz,
the rest of imports..often don't even look up to see..and Hondas are my thing, but most around here are fart cans.

3. Fords...almost always with the Flows..meh..exception being the new 5.0..close resemblance to the LS note and pleasure.
(not hating the occasional turbo/radical Fox)

4. Exotics.. not many going by.. always nice but they rarely rev out.

5. Japanese bikes with the myriad exhaust choices (not Big V's trying to sound like Harleys).. pure poetry, sounds like F1..15k rpm ftw

6. Harleys...with straights.."Goddamn!" You ******* moron...total ****.
Full throttle all ******' day, "Look at me!" and the obligatory throttle blips at the light..
(Exception for Buell's..awesome, but they always have cool exhaust, not straight.. gonna lump Ducatis in here..love 'em)

7. Diesel's with straights..see above

8. Glasspacks.....please
Old 04-12-2014 | 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

How is cruising noise with that muffler??? I liked Hios at idle
Old 04-12-2014 | 10:30 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

How is cruising noise with that muffler??? I liked Hios at idle
Fine. .... It likes the long tail pipe.
Old 04-12-2014 | 10:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yep......ended up working real good. When I redo mine for the ls7 I'm gonna put the same muffler as you in the middle.........except it will be 4"......lol
go to the dam track. Then sell mike your catback. Problem solved. Then you will have to put the 7in
Old 04-12-2014 | 11:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 200HP/Ltr
It's completely subjective, like which instrument is more pleasing etc.,....
but imo.. it has to come together with the rythm and firing sequence, and piping combo, combustion chamber, etc. to just go to your central nervous system and hit.
I have an open bay facing a street with 35,000 cars a day traffic count, approx. at middle of second gear on our side of 6 lanes, dig territory/red light on other side of street (or WFO if light is green..to Interstate on-ramp,)
so I hear alot of vehicles. My observations on exhaust notes..

1. LS's..especially 'vettes with proper exhausts...are totally ******* pleasing.

2. Nissan VR's and even VQ's with tuned exhausts are music also, and the rare 2jz,
the rest of imports..often don't even look up to see..and Hondas are my thing, but most around here are fart cans.

3. Fords...almost always with the Flows..meh..exception being the new 5.0..close resemblance to the LS note and pleasure.
(not hating the occasional turbo/radical Fox)

4. Exotics.. not many going by.. always nice but they rarely rev out.

5. Japanese bikes with the myriad exhaust choices (not Big V's trying to sound like Harleys).. pure poetry, sounds like F1..15k rpm ftw

6. Harleys...with straights.."Goddamn!" You ******* moron...total ****.
Full throttle all ******' day, "Look at me!" and the obligatory throttle blips at the light..
(Exception for Buell's..awesome, but they always have cool exhaust, not straight.. gonna lump Ducatis in here..love 'em)

7. Diesel's with straights..see above

8. Glasspacks.....please

If your into hondas you gotta be into the note of the open header k-series. I love it.
Old 04-13-2014 | 12:13 AM
Teching In

What are you talking about? The bro's over at SVTP told us it was a fact that pullied bolt on cobra's run 10's and make over 500 whp on a normal basis.

Where was this said? Link?

You sure you're not just bitter about your skinny jean selfie stash getting posted?
Old 04-13-2014 | 07:48 AM
7 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Srt4King
Where was this said? Link?

You sure you're not just bitter about your skinny jean selfie stash getting posted?
Brandon is still mad.
Old 04-14-2014 | 05:51 AM
Teching In

I actually recorded this race. Bolt on LT1 vs full bolt on 5.0 COYOTE. Where are the 5.bros now?

Old 04-14-2014 | 07:18 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

uuhh ooohhh.....You done did it now. Black mare will have to post 5 threads to off set this one.
Old 04-14-2014 | 07:29 AM
Launching!

I'm late to the game but LSx's need an xpipe. Corvettes sound 10x's better than Fbodys.
Old 04-14-2014 | 07:47 AM
Teching In

This cracked me up, Talking to SVTP about Terminators is like Talking about Boltons on LS1Tech..
Old 04-14-2014 | 08:00 AM
Teching In

That was the quietest full bolt on 5.bro ever. Either way, good vid. Love the blue on the LT Juan.
Old 04-14-2014 | 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Mine is a dynomax round. Notch's is a dynomax bullet. Doin the exhaust the way I do it also knocks off 25+lb over the slp dual dual.

I don't know who or how anyone could slow down by removing slp exhaust. I guess they could if they went to another run of the mill catback because the slp is not a bad piece. .....just not up to par for the best performance.
Whats the weight savings over the stock muffler?
Old 04-14-2014 | 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I'm late to the game but LSx's need an xpipe. Corvettes sound 10x's better than Fbodys.
Agreed! Full 3" true dual with x pipe and borla xr1's

Quick Reply: Full bolt on Termi gets drug by... An LT1 !