Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tales from the SRK: 1200hp Turbo C5 Z06 vs ProCharged F1X & N2O C6 Z06, & More

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Good God, that Orange C6Z is ungodly. F1X plus a 200 shot = winning.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Good God, that Orange C6Z is ungodly. F1X plus a 200 shot = winning.
It does move the **** out.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
lol.

Owned a stock trans for years up until recently making close power....shifted much quicker. I have two smaller twins...so my spool is way different..and way quicker(different strokes...)

From what I saw in the video, the shifts where lazy, and the thing lags as a result of that. It is what is is...regardless of how well it did, or didn't do.

Not knocking your buddy....just using my ears.

Also,...I would love to see what "instant boost" looks like on a centrifugal. Any centrifugal. I don't mean instant 7lbs either. NOT saying it doesn't..I would just like to see that. Why? Not to be my normal dickish self..or well kinda but...mostly cause I am building a C6 with the same blower and gearset.
Yes, with a properly pullied blower and correct trans/rear diff gearing, you can get near instant boost.... F1R makes a MINIMUM of 15 psi instantly, any time that gas pedal hits the floor, the blower jumps to 15 psi and climbs from there.... Ofcourse having a stall converter helps this but it was the same with the stick trans, wot at 4k was an instant 12 psi and climbed from there with the stick tranny in 4th.... 3rd always spun, which meant more rpms = more boost.... But I digress....

I've never seen any of your cars or builds so...I don't know anything about your experience...

Originally Posted by audacious nick
So what you're telling us is...excuses.
So what you're telling me is......you're a douchbag. When you build/drive something that is even remotely in the same zipcode as the turbo C5Z in the pic, then you can talk out your *** some more.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol.

Owned a stock trans for years up until recently making close power....shifted much quicker. I have two smaller twins...so my spool is way different..and way quicker(different strokes...)

From what I saw in the video, the shifts where lazy, and the thing lags as a result of that. It is what is is...regardless of how well it did, or didn't do.

Not knocking your buddy....just using my ears.

Also,...I would love to see what "instant boost" looks like on a centrifugal. Any centrifugal. I don't mean instant 7lbs either. NOT saying it doesn't..I would just like to see that. Why? Not to be my normal dickish self..or well kinda but...mostly cause I am building a C6 with the same blower and gearset.
Lol. At least you can admit to being a smartass.
Old 05-15-2014, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ajrothm
Yes, with a properly pullied blower and correct trans/rear diff gearing, you can get near instant boost.... F1R makes a MINIMUM of 15 psi instantly, any time that gas pedal hits the floor, the blower jumps to 15 psi and climbs from there.... Ofcourse having a stall converter helps this but it was the same with the stick trans, wot at 4k was an instant 12 psi and climbed from there with the stick tranny in 4th.... 3rd always spun, which meant more rpms = more boost.... But I digress....

I've never seen any of your cars or builds so...I don't know anything about your experience...

So what you're telling me is......you're a douchbag. When you build/drive something that is even remotely in the same zipcode as the turbo C5Z in the pic, then you can talk out your *** some more.
Cool. Hoping our F1X build has similar results.

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Lol. At least you can admit to being a smartass.

I disclaim almost every post I am an *******......never said I was smart.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool. Hoping our F1X build has similar results.

I disclaim almost every post I am an *******......never said I was smart.
Try a 4.00" crank pulley and an 8" balancer. 10 rib Ofcourse.. If you go with a cog setup, you may not be able to pulley it down enough, especially with the sprag style blower pulley.

4"/8" should get you 23-25 psi with a F1X on a 427 engine. It won't come in as hard as an F1R or C because the volute is so much bigger and 4" piping.. But it will still hit good and have way more top end power and longer power band.

I'll be trying an X in the future.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:00 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, okay. So if I switch setups to something that performs poorly and use that as an excuse, I can talk too right?
Old 05-16-2014, 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Try a 4.00" crank pulley and an 8" balancer. 10 rib Ofcourse.. If you go with a cog setup, you may not be able to pulley it down enough, especially with the sprag style blower pulley.

4"/8" should get you 23-25 psi with a F1X on a 427 engine. It won't come in as hard as an F1R or C because the volute is so much bigger and 4" piping.. But it will still hit good and have way more top end power and longer power band.

I'll be trying an X in the future.

I have changed this dudes(good friend) setup now so many times,..starting to forget what I have on it. It's a 10 rib innovators overdrive pulley(i think)...ecs bracket...dp flip drive...I think we just had a custom 4" pulley made...25ish psi sounds about right so I think you're correct on your recommendation. We did mod the blower for 3" piping...so velocity should be up there. Larger "1500hp" intercooler from treadstone.

Actually going up tonight to the car so I can work on it tomorrow...mount the blower,..and finish everything up.

Lot so of BS in the thread amongst friends but, here's the build thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/corvette-...e-rebuild.html

Thanks for your input/knowledge.

Quick Reply: Tales from the SRK: 1200hp Turbo C5 Z06 vs ProCharged F1X & N2O C6 Z06, & More