Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT500, Fenix, 347 Fox, KFC, LSx Monte Carlo, Z06s, N20 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice runs

Originally Posted by Packy
The Fenix must have not had chance to fill his bottle.
L.O.L
Old 06-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Good runs. I was impressed with the fox.
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Your impressed with a built stRoked, aftermarket headed fox furd running with a mild bolt-on conv Z28?....ok.....coool

Good runs!
Instant butthurt brings major LoLz. That 347 is running like **** if it made 352rwhp. I'm not one to cheerlead for dyno #s, but if a 347 isn't putting over 400 down at the tire then they need to let that thing breathe.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
And everyone else starts **** in your eyes

Ex-******-zactly! Poor little guy cries crocodile tears every time he gets his *** handed to him verbally, but forgets times like this when he ***** up his fists and probably punches his monitor from seeing a Ford drag whatever subpar GM vehicle was up on the docket that day.
Yep......saying he's impressed by that fox performance is pretty much asking for a comment like that.
Or you just get angry when an old raggedy fox shows why it's still the preferred platform to F-bodies.
Originally Posted by Cwarta
I've had great luck with pro comps thank you, got a set on now actually
Maybe the quality control is different for whatever you're running...in SBF world, Pro-Comp heads are what you go to when you really don't know what kind of heads to buy. I've seen countless guys have all kinds of problems with them...ports not lining up, needing them milled so they don't leak/blow head gaskets...holes for rocker studs needing to be fixed...after all that, you could have paid more up front for AFR or Trick Flow and have a better head...or RHS...or Brodix...or Canfield...or...you get the idea.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get it. What did I say that was bad? Hio needs to check his tampon...toxic shock syndrome is a bitch.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Teching In

I would rather be a ******* than be you.

Yea it got walked by a vert camaro. This was a very good comparison for you furd guys to get beat at. Both verts.......although a vert fox still not as heavy as a vert camaro. Both 347's........built stroked aftermarket headed furd to a mild bolt on ls1. I'm sure those procomp heads are better than the heads that came on it........so stop crying. The ls1 is stock for christ sake.

Sure seems that way to me.

He did a nice improvement for sure.
Awww, what is about me that turns you off pooky? Is it my drop-dead hideous looks, my joblessness, or my awful taste in cars?
Old 06-02-2014, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

If that 347 fox was mine, I'd ghost ride it into a wall and hope it burst into flames.

A properly done 347 SBF *should* run like a raped ape. Hio is right, that fox is WEAK.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

It's weak for what it is, but just because Gt4urass says he was impressed, doesn't mean Hio has to come in, dick-swinging, to put it down.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Teching In

I don't get it. What did I say that was bad? Hio needs to check his tampon...toxic shock syndrome is a bitch.

Funny chit.

I could see that being a problem though and ruining a nice day.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by snake95
It's weak for what it is, but just because Gt4urass says he was impressed, doesn't mean Hio has to come in, dick-swinging, to put it down.
Why not? You do it on a regular basis?
Old 06-02-2014, 12:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 462 Likes on 361 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

^^^^^^^^^^^And there you have it.

Your impressed with a built stRoked, aftermarket headed fox furd running with a mild bolt-on conv Z28?....ok.....coool

Good runs!
So, my opinion justifies you being an *******? Check.
HHHMMMM.....check out who started this ****......YOU you dumbass. You started the name calling because your *** got hurt by what I said. I'll be damned.....lol Who's got the toxic shock? That would be you.
Instant butthurt brings major LoLz. That 347 is running like **** if it made 352rwhp. I'm not one to cheerlead for dyno #s, but if a 347 isn't putting over 400 down at the tire then they need to let that thing breathe.

Ex-******-zactly! Poor little guy cries crocodile tears every time he gets his *** handed to him verbally, but forgets times like this when he ***** up his fists and probably punches his monitor from seeing a Ford drag whatever subpar GM vehicle was up on the docket that day.

Or you just get angry when an old raggedy fox shows why it's still the preferred platform to F-bodies.

Maybe the quality control is different for whatever you're running...in SBF world, Pro-Comp heads are what you go to when you really don't know what kind of heads to buy. I've seen countless guys have all kinds of problems with them...ports not lining up, needing them milled so they don't leak/blow head gaskets...holes for rocker studs needing to be fixed...after all that, you could have paid more up front for AFR or Trick Flow and have a better head...or RHS...or Brodix...or Canfield...or...you get the idea.
A- you've never handed me my *** in any way. You do cry alot about trying to though.

B- 03turbo has a 347 carb'd motor in a race car fox. It went 11.4x at 118. Not exactly out of the realm of what a full bolton ls1 runs in 2800lb car. Matter of fact I would think a ls1 would do better especially with a stalled auto behind it like that car has.

After all that and you saying a built 347 should make 400whp(your example to be clear) your still coming up short to the other 346 gm made.....the ls6(my example to be clear). All in your built furd **** still don't perform as well even when you get rid of the ford in them......sad really that your to stupid to admit that.

C- When you don't know what heads to buy then don't buy any. Use the furd **** if you think it's so great......oh wait. You know better or you would've used it in your own build.
Awww, what is about me that turns you off pooky? Is it my drop-dead hideous looks, my joblessness, or my awful taste in cars?
Read above.......you'll see right where the problem lies.

Hint------it's with you
Old 06-02-2014, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by evangto87
this is pre-bottle... hence the same gt500 he rolled out on... rolling on him .

I mean uh... bad tune
Originally Posted by LASTOFTHEBREED02T/A
Bad tune??? Bwahahahahaha! Try base tune... wasn't even tuned yet buddy!!!
Yeah Evan, we all know a dyno tune adds a good 150-200whp from a base tune. Get your **** straight Mustang boy... LMAO
Old 06-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by T.Man
Why not? You do it on a regular basis?
Not quite If posting a response to correct ignorant ***** such as Exhibit A (below), then you got me pegged, dude!

A- you've never handed me my *** in any way. You do cry alot about trying to though.

B- 03turbo has a 347 carb'd motor in a race car fox. It went 11.4x at 118. Not exactly out of the realm of what a full bolton ls1 runs in 2800lb car. Matter of fact I would think a ls1 would do better especially with a stalled auto behind it like that car has.

After all that and you saying a built 347 should make 400whp(your example to be clear) your still coming up short to the other 346 gm made.....the ls6(my example to be clear). All in your built furd **** still don't perform as well even when you get rid of the ford in them......sad really that your to stupid to admit that.

C- When you don't know what heads to buy then don't buy any. Use the furd **** if you think it's so great......oh wait. You know better or you would've used it in your own build.
I said 400 because, like every motor, there's mild to wild. A mild 347 should be making at least 400. Stopsign made 456 with a 331 (uh oh, that's less cubes than you and more power, AKA story of GM's life), keep posting and proving your ignorance about Ford anything. I would've thought after you were made an *** of the last 2...3...4 times you tried talking about Fords with some certainty, that you'd give it up for good.

Yes, little Dougie, you get your *** handed to you pretty much daily. Not always by the same person, but usually it's one poster within a list of 3 or 4. I feel ashamed for a few minutes after I do it but then that goes away when I see you post more about Ford vehicles you're clueless about
Old 06-02-2014, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 170 Likes on 120 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Not quite If posting a response to correct ignorant ***** such as Exhibit A (below), then you got me pegged, dude!

I said 400 because, like every motor, there's mild to wild. A mild 347 should be making at least 400. Stopsign made 456 with a 331 (uh oh, that's less cubes than you and more power, AKA story of GM's life), keep posting and proving your ignorance about Ford anything. I would've thought after you were made an *** of the last 2...3...4 times you tried talking about Fords with some certainty, that you'd give it up for good.

Yes, little Dougie, you get your *** handed to you pretty much daily. Not always by the same person, but usually it's one poster within a list of 3 or 4. I feel ashamed for a few minutes after I do it but then that goes away when I see you post more about Ford vehicles you're clueless about

lol @ comparing a built top to bottom engine to an internally stock one.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

It's not really a comparison. I'd take a 347 SBF with the right parts over any hacked up f-bomb with a 346 (that still uses aftermarket parts but the owner talks about it like it doesn't )

In typical General fashion, you need that cubes advantage to sleep at night. There, there.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Yeah Evan, we all know a dyno tune adds a good 150-200whp from a base tune. Get your **** straight Mustang boy... LMAO
Old 06-02-2014, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Come on now Hio, I think you would know what Pro Comp 190 SBF heads are. Out-of-the-box, 190cc runners and max flow around 220cfm. About equal-to or not even as good as stock 241/853 LS1 heads. As far as aftermarket SBF heads goes, they suck. For a light 5.0 stroker build with those Comp 190 heads, 352whp ain't too shabby. Not all built, stroked, aftermarket headed 5.0s are the same, like you like to come off acting like they are. What we have here seems to be a stroked 347ci 5.0 on par with a light bolt-on 346ci LS1. Looks like not a bad running convertible Fox for what it has and makes. Not sure why you can’t see things for what they are and always have to knock these Fords all the time.

It's guys like you who know that not all stroker builds are the same and don't over exaggerate all the time just to knock the "other" brand.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Teching In

The reason that I said I was impressed, was because the build by the vague description given, seemed very mild. The starting point for the car was also worst case scenario, being a vert. Given those two glaring facts, my thought was that it ran well, seeing as KFC's ride is no slouch. I am sorry for sharing my opinion sir Hio.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Come on now Hio, I think you would know what Pro Comp 190 SBF heads are. Out-of-the-box, 190cc runners and max flow around 220cfm. About equal-to or not even as good as stock 241/853 LS1 heads. As far as aftermarket SBF heads goes, they suck. For a light 5.0 stroker build with those Comp 190 heads, 352whp ain't too shabby. Not all built, stroked, aftermarket headed 5.0s are the same, like you like to come off acting like they are. What we have here seems to be a stroked 347ci 5.0 on par with a light bolt-on 346ci LS1. Looks like not a bad running convertible Fox for what it has and makes. Not sure why you can’t see things for what they are and always have to knock these Fords all the time.

It's guys like you who know that not all stroker builds are the same and don't over exaggerate all the time just to knock the "other" brand.
Thanks Hun. I always think I'm somewhat fair and reasonable...and then Hio comes along to remind me how little I know...
Old 06-02-2014, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks Hun.
You betcha. I also had my apron on while typing that reply. I'll borrow Hio's daisy dukes for the next one.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Lmao!
Old 06-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Teching In

i see it as the fox took his car from a 15.xx car to an 11-12 sec car, and the Camaro went from what a 12 sec car stock to a lower 12 sec or high 11 sec car? Hence, i'm more impressed with the fox. Not sure why all the butt hurt. If everyone had ls's it would be pretty boring. Guess what....not everyone wants to run an ls motor in their car....i know its pretty difficult and hard to understand for most of you, sorry to hit you with that truth.

Quick Reply: GT500, Fenix, 347 Fox, KFC, LSx Monte Carlo, Z06s, N20 T/A