Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GT500, Fenix, 347 Fox, KFC, LSx Monte Carlo, Z06s, N20 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
It's funny when you up the cubes of a Ferd motor how butt hurt everyone gets (well one person)

He'll argue about aftermarket parts yet his car is motor swapped and rittled with aftermarket ****.... If he was all about stock like he says he is he'd have an LS1 using all stock parts...... Everyone sees through your bullshit Doug, your car is fast but for obvious reasons
Lmao exactly. Honestly I see this all the time. If your Ford engine is bigger than a 5.0 then you're cheating.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
What's dumb is when a 5.0 SBF has a 347ci kit and aftermarket heads that are equivalent to stock LS1 heads, some like to act like the Ford should blow an LS1 out of the water just because it's a stroker. Then act like the Ford is a complete disappointment when it doesn't just for an excuse to downgrade Ford. One that's built on the mild side and only makes 400-420 flywheel hp doesn't make it a big POS because it can run with bolt-on LS1's. It actually make complete sense, stock 5.0 SBF=215hp, stock LS1=345hp. Something has to be done to the Ford to catch up.
Exactly. When comparing a 5.0 motor that began in the 60s, it's easy to see that technology wins and that's why the little 302 needs a few kinks worked out.
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The only aftermarket **** on my car is **** that gm don't make. Hell on my old 406 I had gm roller rockers. I would have those on this engine if they make them. GM don't make headers, ewp or udp.

You know what I'm talking about when I say this. MAJOR engine components. But yet you continue to run your stupid mouth.

I agree. I personally don't think a 347 furd should run with ls1 unless it's pretty radical or has some advantage in weight.
GM doesn't make intakes? Or do you mean to say, GM doesn't make an intake that's good enough? GM makes flywheels, too, right? Clutches? Driveshafts? Rear ends, no wait, you had to consult FORD MOTOR COMPANY for that part

Puh-LENTY of 347s have anally ravaged the LS1. Like, a lot. Yep, they use the aftermarket. See below

My point about your $$$ into your car was that your constant dicksucking over OEM parts has zero practical value. Let's say you bought your car used for 5K, there are guys who have paid that amount initially for the car (just like you in this hypothetical situation), and are faster than you using aftermarket parts than you are using stock parts/lightened everything/lightweight shift ****/lightweight radio dials/lightweight BUSS fuses

Does it bug you that a 347 fox will most likely look better, run better, and sound better than an LS1 Camaro? I mean, the looks are subjective, I suppose. Also, ever notice how your "normal" times for something are about a half a second to a full second faster than what 98% of other people with experience say the normal times are? I'm just throwing that out there for when you come back saying all bolt on LS1s are 11 sec cars and heads/cam 10 sec cars and that foxes aren't.

It's always nice to start the day by giving little Dougie a spankin'...no homo.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's getting bad how much he squirms.... You talk major engine components my blower isn't an engine component.... Won't ya look at that !
Old 06-05-2014, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree. I personally don't think a 347 furd should run with ls1 unless it's pretty radical or has some advantage in weight.
But when done right, they do run with LS1's, or very close. If you knew as much about SBF as you do LS, then you'd understand. No disrespect, but you really are too much LS 'r though.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Lmao exactly. Honestly I see this all the time. If your Ford engine is bigger than a 5.0 then you're cheating.

Exactly. When comparing a 5.0 motor that began in the 60s, it's easy to see that technology wins and that's why the little 302 needs a few kinks worked out.

GM doesn't make intakes? Or do you mean to say, GM doesn't make an intake that's good enough? GM makes flywheels, too, right? Clutches? Driveshafts? Rear ends, no wait, you had to consult FORD MOTOR COMPANY for that part

Puh-LENTY of 347s have anally ravaged the LS1. Like, a lot. Yep, they use the aftermarket. See below

My point about your $$$ into your car was that your constant dicksucking over OEM parts has zero practical value. Let's say you bought your car used for 5K, there are guys who have paid that amount initially for the car (just like you in this hypothetical situation), and are faster than you using aftermarket parts than you are using stock parts/lightened everything/lightweight shift ****/lightweight radio dials/lightweight BUSS fuses

Does it bug you that a 347 fox will most likely look better, run better, and sound better than an LS1 Camaro? I mean, the looks are subjective, I suppose. Also, ever notice how your "normal" times for something are about a half a second to a full second faster than what 98% of other people with experience say the normal times are? I'm just throwing that out there for when you come back saying all bolt on LS1s are 11 sec cars and heads/cam 10 sec cars and that foxes aren't.

It's always nice to start the day by giving little Dougie a spankin'...no homo.
You didnt' spank **** beside your little pecker.

My times are not a full second or even a 1/2 sec faster than ANYONE who has put a little thought in the car. As a matter of fact I'm a full second off the fastest car and there are several between us. Don't be mad that it took a full built 347 to get walked by the lower hp 346.

Sure oe parts have good practical value......unless they are junk like the old furd ****. Don't be mad.....you addressed the problem and bought aftermerket heads just not to make as much power as a stock ls1.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
It's getting bad how much he squirms.... You talk major engine components my blower isn't an engine component.... Won't ya look at that !
Where did I squirm....I spit the truth and you don't like it. If your blower is not a major part then take it off. Let us know how that goes for ya
But when done right, they do run with LS1's, or very close. If you knew as much about SBF as you do LS, then you'd understand. No disrespect, but you really are too much LS 'r though.
So when a stroked built furd is done right it runs with stock ls1's......ok....I give ya that. Now spend the same on the ls1....stroke /build it and what happens? Am I nut swinging or spitting the truth?

Look at these guys....still trying to discredit me with all the crying. All I did was spit the truth and my own results and it butt hurts the **** outta them.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 06-05-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

So when a stroked built furd is done right it runs with stock ls1's......ok....I give ya that. Now spend the same on the ls1....stroke /build it and what happens? Am I nut swinging or spitting the truth?
Deep into the LS nutswinging you are my friend. A mild 347 SBF with very small heads and cheap parts will outrun stock LS1's no problem. My truth about SBF actually has some truth to it. Your thruth about SBF is mostly personal bias opinion nonsense. A 347 SBF n/a can be made to give any n/a 346 LS1 a run for its money. Sorry Hio, it may make you squirm a bit, but its true.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

It's not making me squirm a bit that it takes a built/stroked furd to run with a ls1......It's what I've been saying all along. Except the furd is still at a disadvantage. I give you a example of 03 turbo's 347 also. Do you not think a bolt-on ls1 would not go faster than a 11.49 in a 2800lb car or less like his?

I'm sure there is a way to make a 347 furd outrun a stock ls1.....but in the end it's still being compared to a STOCK ls1. To be honest the 347 furd would be lucky to run with a equally built lt.....very lucky.

I guess the question is how much more built do you wan to be with the furd to run with ls stuff?
Old 06-05-2014, 12:38 PM
TECH Resident

A 347 SBF n/a can be made to give any n/a 346 LS1 a run for its money.
Look at the bold print silly.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

You didnt' spank **** beside your little pecker. My times are not a full second or even a 1/2 sec faster than ANYONE who has put a little thought in the car. As a matter of fact I'm a full second off the fastest car and there are several between us. Don't be mad that it took a full built 347 to get walked by the lower hp 346. Sure oe parts have good practical value......unless they are junk like the old furd ****. Don't be mad.....you addressed the problem and bought aftermerket heads just not to make as much power as a stock ls1. Where did I squirm....I spit the truth and you don't like it. If your blower is not a major part then take it off. Let us know how that goes for ya So when a stroked built furd is done right it runs with stock ls1's......ok....I give ya that. Now spend the same on the ls1....stroke /build it and what happens? Am I nut swinging or spitting the truth? Look at these guys....still trying to discredit me with all the crying. All I did was spit the truth and my own results and it butt hurts the **** outta them.
Hey man, I'll stop making you look dumb. Why did you ignore anything I said about stock GM parts that you don't run? Thanks for playing.

And LoL at a 347 with more hp losing to a 346. You're high as hell. 347s can make the same power LS1s can, heads/cam or however you wanna slice it, LS1 blocks may be stronger. Just because some guys do more mild builds does not affect the potential of a 347 at all.

Time # 4884927 of you knowing ZERO about Fords and pretending you do
Old 06-05-2014, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

Look at the bold print silly.
Lol......good luck. It looks like even a mild one don't keep up to well. Now for this...... can you make a ls1 any milder than stock?? If not then what is a mild ls1 gonna do to a mild 347?? Not gonna be pretty is it.

now for the sake of matters....I don't consider any stroked built aftermarket headed build mild
Hey man, I'll stop making you look dumb. Why did you ignore anything I said about stock GM parts that you don't run? Thanks for playing.

And LoL at a 347 with more hp losing to a 346. You're high as hell. 347s can make the same power LS1s can, heads/cam or however you wanna slice it, LS1 blocks may be stronger. Just because some guys do more mild builds does not affect the potential of a 347 at all.

Time # 4884927 of you knowing ZERO about Fords and pretending you do
You don't make me look dumb .....but you sure do make yourself look dumb.

I didn't ignore what you said......I had already answered that. You're to ******* stupid to see that so you asked it again or if I seen it. I stopped answering you redundant questions a long time ago. And it really gets to you.

I know enough about furds to know my furd is much nicer and faster than your junk.......lmao
Old 06-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

I know enough about furds to know my furd is much nicer and faster than your junk.......lmao

and the grand daddy of all tap-outs!! In other words you could have said:

"You threw my lack of knowledge back in my face so to detract from that, I'll mention the car notch did all the work on that I bought for the sole purpose of appearing unbiased."

You didn't answer about the parts I specifically named, we both know why

Once again, I think you're into S&M.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:35 PM
10 Second Club

and the grand daddy of all tap-outs!! In other words you could have said:

"You threw my lack of knowledge back in my face so to detract from that, I'll mention the car notch did all the work on that I bought for the sole purpose of appearing unbiased."

You didn't answer about the parts I specifically named, we both know why

Once again, I think you're into S&M.
Lol......and this is your problem. You want to think notch did all the work. Now for all those that think I discredit people is this enough proof for you that it's not me. But instead these furd guys do. I set you up on that one bitch.........you rolled right into it........lmao

hey errybody.......hio has a aftermarket conglomeration of clutch junk in his car that the dumbass made fit in it......lol....ooooopppps..... it works
Old 06-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

Lol......and this is your problem. You want to think notch did all the work. Now for all those that think I discredit people is this enough proof for you that it's not me. But instead these furd guys do. I set you up on that one bitch.........you rolled right into it........lmao hey errybody.......hio has a aftermarket conglomeration of clutch junk in his car that the dumbass made fit in it......lol....ooooopppps..... it works
So it's not OEM GM parts? Driveshaft, you make that, too? Do GM transmissions come faceplated from the factory?

What work did you do on his car? I mean originally...paying to have it repaired doesn't count. Paint/body work?
Old 06-05-2014, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

Lol......good luck. It looks like even a mild one don't keep up to well. Now for this...... can you make a ls1 any milder than stock?? If not then what is a mild ls1 gonna do to a mild 347?? Not gonna be pretty is it.
Lol.....good luck? That's funny. I'd like for you to have seen my brother's old neighbor's 347ci SBF silver Foxbody and then tell everyone how much they suck compared to built LS1s after seeing a car like that one. It was only 347ci that made 550-600hp flywheel n/a (~850hp on n2o). It was a drag car but he did drive it on the street often. N/A speaking, how does that stack up to built 346ci LS1's n/a?
Old 06-05-2014, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

So it's not OEM GM parts? Driveshaft, you make that, too? Do GM transmissions come faceplated from the factory?

What work did you do on his car? I mean originally...paying to have it repaired doesn't count. Paint/body work?
I've already been threw this. Not doin it again. But you continue to run your stupid mouth about **** you know nothing about.

Yep....been 11.1 on the stock ds. How well you think that t5 would hold hold up behind a ls6???bawahhaa
Lol.....good luck? That's funny. I'd like for you to have seen my brother's old neighbor's 347ci SBF silver Foxbody and then tell everyone how much they suck compared to built LS1s after seeing a car like that one. It was only 347ci that made 550-600hp flywheel n/a (~850hp on n2o). It was a drag car but he did drive it on the street often. N/A speaking, how does that stack up to built 346ci LS1's n/a?
How does it stack up? Your built drag car example barely out does my bolt-on ls6 for hp.......You tell me. How does your built drag car 347 stack up?

Hey guys....I have a friends sisters **** buddy mom's brother with a furd that has alot of power......lmao
Old 06-05-2014, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hio, there's no need to bash anyone that uses aftermarket anything over factory parts. That goes for GM or Ford builds. Do you go to the track and talk down to the guys that are running aftermarket parts? You have changed virtually everything that GM put there from the factory on your car to get it to run the way it does. Was it not good enough from GM or were the aftermarket parts better?
Old 06-06-2014, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
Hio, there's no need to bash anyone that uses aftermarket anything over factory parts. That goes for GM or Ford builds. Do you go to the track and talk down to the guys that are running aftermarket parts? You have changed virtually everything that GM put there from the factory on your car to get it to run the way it does. Was it not good enough from GM or were the aftermarket parts better?
The **** I have changed gm don't make. If they made headers I would probably have them....same for other parts I have changed out. I would like to go to a gm intake and I may very well do that at some point on the ls7 when it goes in.

But to further answer your question.......i don't care if it's gm, ford or chrysler if it has aftermarket heads, blocks, cranks or so custom it's unaffordable I have no interest in it. If I go check out someone's car that has those I typically keep walking.

But to me if you're gonna yak gm. If you're gonna yak ford. If your gonna yak chrysler. Then don't be skeered to back it up with their parts.

Massaging and modding stock type parts are the root of hotrodding.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

The **** I have changed gm don't make. If they made headers I would probably have them....same for other parts I have changed out. I would like to go to a gm intake and I may very well do that at some point on the ls7 when it goes in. But to further answer your question.......i don't care if it's gm, ford or chrysler if it has aftermarket heads, blocks, cranks or so custom it's unaffordable I have no interest in it. If I go check out someone's car that has those I typically keep walking. But to me if you're gonna yak gm. If you're gonna yak ford. If your gonna yak chrysler. Then don't be skeered to back it up with their parts. Massaging and modding stock type parts are the root of hotrodding.
So in other words, you have your own list of acceptable parts that can use the aftermarket...and you apply this list to everybody else's car, too, in order to discredit their car.

You run a ******* Fast intake on your LS6. Don't preach about the roots of hotrodding when you use aftermarket parts for certain components where GM parts are inferior. Aftermarket parts are great. They give us options. Just because someone blew your **** up the first time and you dropped in a Z06 vette motor that already comes with more power than an LS1, doesn't mean everyone else is wrong for using aftermarket parts.

If I drop a new GT500 motor in my coupe, it'd still be OEM Ford parts in my motor but you'll say it's a different type of engine and that it's not fair.

You're just a hypocrite who makes stipulations that your car doesn't even live up to

I know you're not this ignorant. Well, never mind. I keep saying that and you keep proving me wrong.

Last edited by snake95; 06-06-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

It's not making me squirm a bit that it takes a built/stroked furd to run with a ls1......It's what I've been saying all along. Except the furd is still at a disadvantage. I give you a example of 03 turbo's 347 also. Do you not think a bolt-on ls1 would not go faster than a 11.49 in a 2800lb car or less like his?

I'm sure there is a way to make a 347 furd outrun a stock ls1.....but in the end it's still being compared to a STOCK ls1. To be honest the 347 furd would be lucky to run with a equally built lt.....very lucky.

I guess the question is how much more built do you wan to be with the furd to run with ls stuff?

Hio you are a comparing a pony car motor designed in the 70s to a Vette motor designed in the 90s. Of course the LS has the advantage. Thanks to the aftermarket the advantage switches to the Ford. If the small block Ford is so bad why does it rule the aftermarket. Hell AFR just came out with new heads for it. Not bad for a motor that stopped production almost 20 years ago in cars.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The **** I have changed gm don't make. If they made headers I would probably have them....same for other parts I have changed out. I would like to go to a gm intake and I may very well do that at some point on the ls7 when it goes in.

But to further answer your question.......i don't care if it's gm, ford or chrysler if it has aftermarket heads, blocks, cranks or so custom it's unaffordable I have no interest in it. If I go check out someone's car that has those I typically keep walking.

But to me if you're gonna yak gm. If you're gonna yak ford. If your gonna yak chrysler. Then don't be skeered to back it up with their parts.

Massaging and modding stock type parts are the root of hotrodding.
Everything you changed, GM had on your car when you bought it new. If you had an ls1 block, you would be a h/c/i car.

If you see aftermarket builds in this forum, then you should keep walking. It would cut down on the bullshit.

A lot of ls1 owners here have aftermarket parts. I don't recall you getting on them constantly for running non GM h/c/i.

Modding stock parts is the root of hot rodding. Nothing wrong with that at all. If you want better parts and want to go faster, then the aftermarket has you covered. Nothing wrong with that either.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So in other words, you have your own list of acceptable parts that can use the aftermarket...and you apply this list to everybody else's car, too, in order to discredit their car.

You run a ******* Fast intake on your LS6. Don't preach about the roots of hotrodding when you use aftermarket parts for certain components where GM parts are inferior. Aftermarket parts are great. They give us options. Just because someone blew your **** up the first time and you dropped in a Z06 vette motor that already comes with more power than an LS1, doesn't mean everyone else is wrong for using aftermarket parts.

If I drop a new GT500 motor in my coupe, it'd still be OEM Ford parts in my motor but you'll say it's a different type of engine and that it's not fair.

You're just a hypocrite who makes stipulations that your car doesn't even live up to

I know you're not this ignorant. Well, never mind. I keep saying that and you keep proving me wrong.
Aftermarket exhaust - GM has exhaust
Aftermarket clutch - GM has a clutch UPGRADE at that
Aftermarket intake - which GM also makes
Aftermarket rear - GM makes but he got smart and went ford rear
Aftermarket tranny components- GM makes trannys too
Aftermarket wheels, Headers, seats, etc etc

Bunch of aftermarket **** for someone who loves OEM stuff

snake hit the nail on the head

Quick Reply: GT500, Fenix, 347 Fox, KFC, LSx Monte Carlo, Z06s, N20 T/A