Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Taking requests: Trans Am vs MACH 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mach1killer
if you are going to tell that a mach 1 can only do 13.5 stock because of a magazine, at least you need to know that not only mm&ff got 13.1x out of stock mach 1, but 5.0 mustang@fast ford. here is the link
<SNIP>
also i ran faster than 13.5 when i was stock at the same track. i ran 13.4 at carlsbad bone stock, and let me tell you, and you could ask also, carlsbad is one the worst tracks in southern california, is an old track, with improper maintenance and a lot of dirt.

13.6 is not bad at all, with a better lunch and proper shifting technique that guy would go lower than that.

I know what the car has ran in all of the mainstream magazines it has been featured in. I am referencing the MM&FF Mach1 vs. GTO story.

My point being that even someone who is an excellent driver (such as Smith) will get into a Mach1 and not click off 13.1s every time. Every car is different every track is different. I don't really care about what anyone else has ran in this instance. I know he runs mid 13s at the local track. That is the best indicator of his performance in comparison to my own.

As it stands I personally can't bring myself to believe a stock Mach1 can run better than a 13.4 at my local track because I have not seen one do it. I also have not seen a stock LS1 powered F-Body run better than 13.2 .

If you or anyone else thinks they can do better at that track you are going to have to hit that track and do it to prove your point.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Damillio
Mach1Killer, what are those pics of? I originally thought Cuda with the intake and hood, but not with that front end.
it's a twin turbo mach 1
Old 06-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
I know what the car has ran in all of the mainstream magazines it has been featured in. I am referencing the MM&FF Mach1 vs. GTO story.

My point being that even someone who is an excellent driver (such as Smith) will get into a Mach1 and not click off 13.1s every time. Every car is different every track is different. I don't really care about what anyone else has ran in this instance. I know he runs mid 13s at the local track. That is the best indicator of his performance in comparison to my own.

As it stands I personally can't bring myself to believe a stock Mach1 can run better than a 13.4 at my local track because I have not seen one do it. I also have not seen a stock LS1 powered F-Body run better than 13.2 .

If you or anyone else thinks they can do better at that track you are going to have to hit that track and do it to prove your point.
it would be a hell of a trip to prove you wrong, and also i haven't seen any STOCK camaro/TA to go lower than 13.4 at carlsbad, but just because of that doesn't mean they won't do it
Old 06-06-2004, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

In that comparo between the mach and gto evan smith WAS driving both and netted near the same ET between then with more MPH for the goat.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Damillio
Mach1Killer, what are those pics of? I originally thought Cuda with the intake and hood, but not with that front end.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Teching In

so what's up cheating chad, where are the videos of you ripping this guy appart.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I can already see it now but:

I went racing with the Mach1 owner and the EVO today.Track was busy and I couldn't get lined up with him. He was running 13.7s and slower with traps under 100mph.

I did get along side the EVO for a pass. I spun pretty bad for about 100' then bounced off the limiter on the 2-3.VIDEO

I didn't even get any video of the Mach1 running.

He did get beat by a SRT4 though.Missed a gear or something. He was having big problems with traction. I'll give him credit. When he got a decent run his car was only a little slower than my stock T/A.

I should have some links posted up here of him racing in a few days. The EVO owner took some video.

I'm going to have to line up a street run with him to put this thing to bed.

The weather has started straightening out around here so it shouldn't take too long to get it going.

Do you think a stock MACH1 could have outrun me here?

I'd be impressed if he could because right after that I walked an 03' Cobra with a pulley,ET Drags,Catback,Cold air intake.

11.73@116 1.727 60' for me 11.880@122 1.783 for him.I was on 255/16 BFG DRs mind you.

He is an NMRA bracket guy according to his shirt and the stickers on his car. I even tree'd him: .074 to .316

Last edited by Cheatin' Chad; 06-19-2004 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

I walked an 03' Cobra with a pulley,ET Drags,Catback,Cold air intake.

11.73@116 1.727 60' for me 11.880@122 1.783 for him.I was on 255/16 BFG DRs mind you.

He is an NMRA bracket guy according to his shirt and the stickers on his car. I even tree'd him: .074 to .316
I personally wouldn't call winning by .15 "Walking" the other car...

Especially when he's got you beat by 6 mph through the traps.

A little better launch on those ET drags & you'd be toast.
Old 06-20-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Angus66

mph doesn't tell the whole story, . It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you get there.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Angus66

Well you're running 13's so who cares what you would call it?

Did I miss a memo? Traps speeds win races now?

I left the line first and stayed there for the entire run.A tenth and a half is a good margin at those speeds. You wouldn't know though would you? He was back at least a car when we crossed traps. You've got nothing but ifs and buts. He lost. So would you. Blah blah blah.

Last edited by Cheatin' Chad; 06-21-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A tenth and a half is a good margin at those speeds.
You actually had a 4 tenth lead on him between the tree and the actual ET.
Old 06-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Do you think a stock MACH1 could have outrun me here?

I'd be impressed if he could because right after that I walked an 03' Cobra with a pulley,ET Drags,Catback,Cold air intake.

not bad, but don't brag about your car beating a stock mach 1, cause you know as well as everybody you're not stock. and you would be the s**t out of a stock mach 1 (if using the juice)

this guy is not running on the juice in case you're wondering, but i wonder how bad would you outrun this guy if he were running on the juice, or any other mach1 with same mods plus nos.

also don't tell me he's heavily modified cause he's not.

http://www.mach-1.org/flash/1183jeff.html

or

http://www.slugbitchracing.com/mach1.htm

i couldn't find the video, but i'm looking for it , stock internals btw

Last edited by mach1killer; 06-21-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:25 PM
TECH Addict

but i wonder how bad would you outrun this guy if he were running on the juice, or any other mach1 with same mods plus nos.
Actually, I'm not bragging about beating a stock Mach1. I have never raced one. I will again say I don't think it would be a problem.I don't even wanna go to this level but with or without the gas I win.

What is up with this comment above here? Elevate yourself please. You might as well be driving a Civic with a DX motor talking about how if you had a turbo and some NAAAWWWS you would dominate.Run what ya brung. If you don't have it on your car who cares? IF I have something on my car it's getting used period.

If you are running N2o and I am running a blower would you ask me to take off my blower? If you had aftermarket cams would you take them off? Why should someone shut off the gas? Weak logic here.The EVO owner I raced came at me with "Yeah but without the spray you woouldn't be as fast" No **** sherlock. I replied "Ok, you take off the turbo and I'll shut off the gas...."

Does the guy you posted in the link run spray? No? then who cares what would happen IF he had it. What IF I dropped a APE 408 in my T/A? What IF Harlan borrowed me his engine and TT set-up? That kind of talk is lame.

**** it, I'll come back at you with ricer logic: I have a grand total of under $1,500 in performance mods (TWO of them that make any real difference) on my car. I'm running through an LS1 inatke and stock '98 manifolds fer crissakes.
How much have these mustangs you just posted up spent? Are either of them so much quicker than me that they could claim an "internet victory"? No they are not. It's not like you posted a link to Billy Gliddens site or some ****. Any given day I could drop a bomb on either of those guys and they're done (or vice versa).

I'd still put money on me against them as they sit.

At the end of the day all that matters is who is quicker RIGHT NOW.I was over 2 seconds quicker than the neighbors Mach1 this past Saturday. Would I have been without the gas? Would I have been with no tires? who cares? I had the snuff and I had tires. I was quicker.

BTW: He's finally started ordering parts that don't light up and glow. Maybe it'll start to get quick. He's talking about a procharger. Either that or I'll give him some spots and the hit. He better do it soon because I'll be in the 10's before too long.

What then? Will I have to pull some sparkplugs to make it "fair"?

Last edited by Cheatin' Chad; 06-21-2004 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by toxic99
You actually had a 4 tenth lead on him between the tree and the actual ET.

Oh yeah I didn't think about that.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Actually, I'm not bragging about beating a stock Mach1. I have never raced one. I will again say I don't think it would be a problem.I don't even wanna go to this level but with or without the gas I win.

What is up with this comment above here? Elevate yourself please. You might as well be driving a Civic with a DX motor talking about how if you had a turbo and some NAAAWWWS you would dominate.Run what ya brung. If you don't have it on your car who cares? IF I have something on my car it's getting used period.

If you are running N2o and I am running a blower would you ask me to take off my blower? If you had aftermarket cams would you take them off? Why should someone shut off the gas? Weak logic here.The EVO owner I raced came at me with "Yeah but without the spray you woouldn't be as fast" No **** sherlock. I replied "Ok, you take off the turbo and I'll shut off the gas...."

Does the guy you posted in the link run spray? No? then who cares what would happen IF he had it. What IF I dropped a APE 408 in my T/A? What IF Harlan borrowed me his engine and TT set-up? That kind of talk is lame.

**** it, I'll come back at you with ricer logic: I have a grand total of under $1,500 in performance mods (TWO of them that make any real difference) on my car. I'm running through an LS1 inatke and stock '98 manifolds fer crissakes.
How much have these mustangs you just posted up spent? Are either of them so much quicker than me that they could claim an "internet victory"? No they are not. It's not like you posted a link to Billy Gliddens site or some ****. Any given day I could drop a bomb on either of those guys and they're done (or vice versa).

I'd still put money on me against them as they sit.

At the end of the day all that matters is who is quicker RIGHT NOW.I was over 2 seconds quicker than the neighbors Mach1 this past Saturday. Would I have been without the gas? Would I have been with no tires? who cares? I had the snuff and I had tires. I was quicker.

BTW: He's finally started ordering parts that don't light up and glow. Maybe it'll start to get quick. He's talking about a procharger. Either that or I'll give him some spots and the hit. He better do it soon because I'll be in the 10's before too long.

What then? Will I have to pull some sparkplugs to make it "fair"?
clap clap clap, damn yes master, whatever you say, just because your 1998 trans-am can run 11.73 you're the fastest **** in the word. i didn't ask you to remove your **** from you car, in fact i wouldn't ask, just pointing out some people that would put a car on your 1998 trans-am

i guess you're mad because i didn't say nice numbers or something, well congratulations sunny, you're the best

happy now???, enjoy your victory, hahahaha
Old 06-22-2004, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

clap clap clap, damn yes master, whatever you say, just because your 1998 trans-am can run 11.73 you're the fastest **** in the word. i didn't ask you to remove your **** from you car, in fact i wouldn't ask, just pointing out some people that would put a car on your 1998 trans-am

i'm not running 11's yet, so i guess you're mad because i didn't say nice numbers or something, well congratulations sunny, you're the best

happy now???, enjoy your victory, hahahaha
No,no. Not my intention at all.

I KNOW my car is nowhere near even being considered a seriously quick street car let alone king **** of some sort.

Quite frankly, I don't really care for your compliments whether feigned or sincere.

You're obviously a one Make/Model zealot. I'm not going to sit here and try to beat into your head that a Mach 1 is not the second coming. It's not much different than a pre-blower Cobra. I like the cars personally. They just aren't that quick.

In my opinion (for drag racing purposes particularly) a LS1 powered F-Body is superior to a Mach1.
Old 06-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Teching In

No,no. Not my intention at all.

I KNOW my car is nowhere near even being considered a seriously quick street car let alone king **** of some sort.

Quite frankly, I don't really care for your compliments whether feigned or sincere.

You're obviously a one Make/Model zealot. I'm not going to sit here and try to beat into your head that a Mach 1 is not the second coming. It's not much different than a pre-blower Cobra. I like the cars personally. They just aren't that quick.

In my opinion (for drag racing purposes particularly) a LS1 powered F-Body is superior to a Mach1.
hahahahaha, a one make/model zealot and i'm the one hahahahaha
chad you know what???, whatever man, congratulations again
you have your opinion, i have mine and we're both happy.

oh and i guess you ran 11.73 stock, i wonder how quick you're without the juice, with only those 255's whatever tires

dreams are an extension of reality, you just need to know when to wake up...

Last edited by mach1killer; 06-22-2004 at 12:18 AM.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

not bad, but don't brag about your car beating a stock mach 1, cause you know as well as everybody you're not stock. and you would be the s**t out of a stock mach 1 (if using the juice)

this guy is not running on the juice in case you're wondering, but i wonder how bad would you outrun this guy if he were running on the juice, or any other mach1 with same mods plus nos.

also don't tell me he's heavily modified cause he's not.

http://www.mach-1.org/flash/1183jeff.html

or

http://www.slugbitchracing.com/mach1.htm

i couldn't find the video, but i'm looking for it , stock internals btw
You post links of other cars and that means.............what?Your car runs high 12's at 106? Why don't YOU race chad?Rice logic
Old 06-24-2004, 02:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by glennster
You post links of other cars and that means.............what?Your car runs high 12's at 106? Why don't YOU race chad?Rice logic
i think you give a ****, otherwise why are you asking.???
this conversation was between me and chad.
also, i run faster than you "rice logic or not", i asked chad a question, i don't know why you're in the middle
Old 06-24-2004, 08:03 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Y'all sound like a bunch of morons.

LS1=Mach1 stock.