Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

WS6 vs Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95Prplppletrz28
I am a HUGE GM fan ill be the first to admit it, but with that said. I respect the hell out of 03/04 Machs and Terminators and the new coyote. They all 3 are very capable cars. I believe that stock for stock a mach and a ls1 are a decent race but I give a 1-2 car edge to the fcar in most cases, however the further the race proceeds the more the advantage will shift to the fbody. As far as power goes, I have seen MANY stock ls1s hit 300rwhp thats not uncommon, especially a manual, have I seen 290s of course but I have seen enough 310s stock to to balance those out.
Typically dyno numbers I see for the mach are 280rwhp so only about a 20rwhp disadvantage on average.
20rwhp less and an ocean barge load of torque less.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by why87
I've never lost to a similarly modded Mach 1. They are slow, why is this still a debate?
With respect to LS1s, I have won about the same amount that I have lost to. As previously stated, you are talking a single "mod" apart between the two. Whoever has more when the two meet, will take the win.

I have owned both an 01 Z28 and an 04 MACH and I can actually talk from experience and not just a biased opinion.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:52 AM
Teching In

20rwhp less and an ocean barge load of torque less.
With bolt-ons alone (exhaust, headers CAI and tune), I made 335ft/lbs to the wheels. Not to far away from a bolt-on LS1. In addition, just by removing some weight from the car, I got the car down to 3375lbs. That trq/hp plus weight was in most cases good enough to put down many LS1s.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Teching In

They don't appreciate logic or facts here...and you know thissss....maaaannnnnn!
Old 06-20-2014, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

But torque curve
Old 06-20-2014, 11:48 AM
Teching In

But torque curve
Lol
Old 06-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
With respect to LS1s, I have won about the same amount that I have lost to. As previously stated, you are talking a single "mod" apart between the two. Whoever has more when the two meet, will take the win.

I have owned both an 01 Z28 and an 04 MACH and I can actually talk from experience and not just a biased opinion.
There's a simple explanation for that. The LS1's you beat were either driven by noobs or were tired and had been beaten to hell and back. Or they were just stock and you beat them because you have quite a few mods.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Lol
So you believe that machs can hold their own against 5.0s mod for mod too? Because LS1 f bodies certainly can.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Teching In

But torque curve
Look into, man. The MACH is all about torque. The cams that came in the MACH were just for that. Good acceleration for 1/4 mile times. Most people who want Hp over torque, end up putting in 98 Cobra cams in as a replacement.
The stock MACH cams, plus low weight, the 3.55 final drive gear ratio and transmission gearing of the Tremec 3650, made it a good track car. That little 281ci motor with that combination works pretty well. Don't be fooled by the small displacement.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkBait Hoo Ha Ha
So you believe that machs can hold their own against 5.0s mod for mod too? Because LS1 f bodies certainly can.
this mach=ls1 nonsense is mindset spillover from 2003 from ford fanbois that just couldn't wrap their head around that ford could not compete n\a. some still hang on to the dream. some moved on to the 5.0.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Teching In

There's a simple explanation for that. The LS1's you beat were either driven by noobs or were tired and had been beaten to hell and back. Or they were just stock and you beat them because you have quite a few mods.
Exactly what I was trying to say to you. Who ever has the mods when the two meet takes the win. The two are that close.
Isn't that what the game is all about though? If I race another car on the street, do I just say I lost because that other can is an "LSX", BMW, 392Hemi..etc.
I don't care what I race. If I have enough and beat the other car, than great! If not, oh well, I just go back and add more mods.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Haha, you're a douche.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Exactly what I was trying to say to you. Who ever has the mods when the two meet takes the win. The two are that close.
Isn't that what the game is all about though? If I race another car on the street, do I just say I lost because that other can is an "LSX", BMW, 392Hemi..etc.
I don't care what I race. If I have enough and beat the other car, than great! If not, oh well, I just go back and add more mods.
I like how my comment was ignored dragging a Mach with the same mods as me.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sickness7
I don't think it was ignored. But results may vary man, much like the vid just posted. The cars are very comparable.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sickness7
Duly noted, man!
But am I to think that just because this happened to you, that is testament for all?
Recently, I have posted 3 races of me (on bolt-ons) vs LS1 Camaros. One I beat, one we ran dead even and the other I lost to. Sound like these two cars are pretty even to me. Woudn't you agree?
Old 06-20-2014, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Duly noted, man!
But am I to think that just because this happened to you, that is testament for all?
Recently, I have posted 3 races of me (on bolt-ons) vs LS1 Camaros. One I beat, one we ran dead even and the other I lost to. Sound like these two cars are pretty even to me. Woudn't you agree?

I would need more experience. But mod for mod the F - body in my one experience had a clear edge. Guy at work is actually trying to buy a Mach right now so that could happen soon. :p I won't argue that because of my one experience I don't think the Mach can hang that would be ignorant but I have seen a lot of people here saying the F has an edge mod for mod, so many biased opinions on this forum though sometimes it is hard to wade through the bs and fact.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 438 Likes on 344 Posts

With bolt-ons alone (exhaust, headers CAI and tune), I made 335ft/lbs to the wheels. Not to far away from a bolt-on LS1. In addition, just by removing some weight from the car, I got the car down to 3375lbs. That trq/hp plus weight was in most cases good enough to put down many LS1s.
Notch's car made 360lbft of tq.....w/o headers. You're pretty far away I think.

So you want more mods and weight reduction to pull off the W.....gotcha

What's your car run these days?
Old 06-21-2014, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You're such a typical ls1 tech SRK ******. Gay *** name, nothing in sig, no details on the car you don't have. But come on here to talk ****, ls1s are touched by gods anus and can't be beat. LS1s = Machs. It's true get over it.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
You're such a typical ls1 tech SRK ******. Gay *** name, nothing in sig, no details on the car you don't have. But come on here to talk ****, ls1s are touched by gods anus and can't be beat. LS1s = Machs. It's true get over it.

it's not true.
Old 06-21-2014, 12:09 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
it's not true.
It is or you can just make up your typical ls1 excuses. Bad driver/tired old beat car.

Quick Reply: WS6 vs Mach 1