Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Turbo V6 Mustang vs Supercharged C7

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
......BTW snake95.......a c7 stock beat most cars in the world in straight line and even more at the RING.

best performing base model vette ever.
"best performing base model vette ever"

This is a very sad statement and needed to be double quoted.

I watched 2 of them at my strip last night ripping off low 13s runs at no more than 113mph.

Stock 5.Br0s beat the **** outta them in a straight line. lol
Old 06-28-2014, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033

I watched 2 of them at my strip last night ripping off low 13s runs at no more than 113mph.
So that is what every C7 runs then right?

For what it is worth I watched a few stock/exhaust 5.0s run consistent 13s at 110-113 a couple weeks ago at the track. And a base C7 running mid 12s the same night.
Old 06-28-2014, 03:05 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by why87
They do at my strip....how about your's?
Old 06-28-2014, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

read above post
Old 06-28-2014, 03:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Whenever you guys get all brand crazy, I just need to come in and remind you all that I have a bigger wiewie.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:25 PM
7 Second Club

read above post
stick C7s are junk....can't even beat 5.br0s at my strip.

Hugger is butthurt again.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Launching!

i just wonder where the slip is for this race. if its as fast as the mustang claims to be. why not post the time slip.

ive beat a outlaw car once in my 5th gen cam only. must mean im fast as ****
Old 06-28-2014, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

stick C7s are junk....can't even beat 5.br0s at my strip.

Hugger is butthurt again.
d
Old 06-28-2014, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

I know I'm late to this party but... Quick V6 Mustang, period.
Originally Posted by hugger1975
I'm more butt hurt that people keep saying butt hurt.
I hate that phrase.

Fast stang. Slow Vette.
Whats the problem?

It happens. I saw an 11 second miata yesterday.
Didn't see the Miata, but I see the rest of what you're saying! I also rather despise that 5yr olds phrase. It's just screaming, "Look MA, I'm still totally juvenile!"

Originally Posted by BODUKE
Good kill! If you throw enough money at anything it can be made fast.
Making sure everyone knows that you're a po' broke again, eh?

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Pretty sure I had seen a mid to low 10 pass had been made. If not, my bad.
Not that car though.

Originally Posted by Beans
Fastest V6 Turbo is a yellow car that went 10.7@130. Maybe the silver one in the vid has been 10s, but it definitely didnt go 10s on that pass
No...

Originally Posted by evangto87
11.8s out of a supercharged c7?
Some folks can't drive that well!

Originally Posted by Heater
It's harder to put power down on regular street tires. If you can run 11's on regular street tires, I tip my hat to you.
Pffft... My car literally did that as far back as 1997. Today, I think it's almost commonplace.

Originally Posted by snake95
The reason it's funny is because if the roles were reversed, it would be a whole bunch of "Blown Mustang can't even outrun a(n) (insert GM 6 banger)!!!"
Prolly...

Where's the Hio crew in this thread?? I'm ready for the "if but but if when then the if but aliens" list!
Nah... we can do w/o for now.

C7 (which I read on here is Jesus Christ's embodiment in a vehicle) with a power adder loses to a little 6 banger Mustang with a turbo? 2 more cylinders, different class (2 seat supArcarrrrr! compared to four seater base model V6), power adder, GM flagship car, what gives???? Running on 3 cylinders? It's alright that it underperforms, they sure do look nice (from the front and sides).
Ju gotzaplobem wit da C7 main?

See how that ignorant **** can go both ways?
Wait... wha... ignorant? NOOOO!

Originally Posted by audacious nick
That's not a zr1. Don't know how you got flagship from a $53,000 car.
Leave it to you to come up with that lame response! You damned well know that the Corvette is "GM's FLAGSHIP" and no, it doesn't have to be a ZR1... Obviously, since they have rarely offered a ZR1 in the 1st place... and don't this year either.

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
you didn't know that? thought it was common knowledge that you slap a turbo on a v6 mustang it's closing in on the sound barrier..

i love the street racing video of the same car. wow does that look fast.....

i'm sure that mustang ran more than once that day at the track. like so many other "legends and myths" where's another run video? where's the et/mph? exactly... you know why? because it's NOT impressive in any way that's why.. that run is a low 12 second run at best and probably the only run where he "won" against some underperforming excuse of a c7.

watch how this magical v6 turbo mustang fades into non existence after this thread lol

PS why the hell has this board turned into a hybrid chevy/ford posting place... are your sites "no good" or as lame as those POS mustangs? (sans the car evan built and yes i'm including the cheating *** f150 in that assessment of POS)

chevy technology and engineering has almost always dominate ford.. but ford enthusiasts? look at the bright side, your engineers are all over it... they even circled the problem.
HOLY ******* SISSIES, BATMAN! You really need to look up "Get a life" and try to figure it out!

PS If you're still 16 or less, I understand and good luck with that.

So that one lost... Of all people, you're not rating every Corvette on 1 loss... Aside from specialty models, the current Corvette is best ever and you know it. Besides, some ******* tool will think you're straight up serious when you say **** like that!

Here and there, perhaps so... bad drivers abound!

For the whining you've done so far... just leave it alone.

For what it is worth I watched a few stock/exhaust 5.0s run consistent 13s at 110-113 a couple weeks ago at the track. And a base C7 running mid 12s the same night.
Same as above... bad drivers are everywhere... if you can't muster better than 13's with a 110+ trap speed, you probably need to learn plenty about drag racing... or you're car weighs far too much!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by It'llrun
I know I'm late to this party but... Quick V6 Mustang, period.
Didn't see the Miata, but I see the rest of what you're saying! I also rather despise that 5yr olds phrase. It's just screaming, "Look MA, I'm still totally juvenile!"

Making sure everyone knows that you're a po' broke again, eh?

Not that car though.

No...

Some folks can't drive that well!

Pffft... My car literally did that as far back as 1997. Today, I think it's almost commonplace.

Prolly...

Nah... we can do w/o for now.

Ju gotzaplobem wit da C7 main?

Wait... wha... ignorant? NOOOO!

Leave it to you to come up with that lame response! You damned well know that the Corvette is "GM's FLAGSHIP" and no, it doesn't have to be a ZR1... Obviously, since they have rarely offered a ZR1 in the 1st place... and don't this year either.

HOLY ******* SISSIES, BATMAN! You really need to look up "Get a life" and try to figure it out!

PS If you're still 16 or less, I understand and good luck with that.

So that one lost... Of all people, you're not rating every Corvette on 1 loss... Aside from specialty models, the current Corvette is best ever and you know it. Besides, some ******* tool will think you're straight up serious when you say **** like that!

Here and there, perhaps so... bad drivers abound!

For the whining you've done so far... just leave it alone.

Same as above... bad drivers are everywhere... if you can't muster better than 13's with a 110+ trap speed, you probably need to learn plenty about drag racing... or you're car weighs far too much!
Snake's butt buddy?
Old 06-28-2014, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Snake's butt buddy?
Can you cry me another river while I prepare my ??
Old 06-28-2014, 07:17 PM
7 Second Club

....So that one lost... Of all people, you're not rating every Corvette on 1 loss... Aside from specialty models, the current Corvette is best ever and you know it. Besides, some ******* tool will think you're straight up serious when you say **** like that! ...
Negative ghost rider.

I don't care about the vid in the least and I am serious.

LT1 is unimpressive in stock form (13s at 113mph) and is rumored to have an appetite for wiping cams.

The car is uglier in person than it is in pics.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

* at 4000 DA.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:39 PM
10 Second Club

stock c7's have gone well into the 11's at 120 mph stock. 5.bro's be not even close.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by big hammer
stock c7's have gone well into the 11's at 120 mph stock. 5.bro's be not even close.
Ironic how a few cars at one specific track run 13s while the norm is a second or so quicker, yet they yell "oh just because one ls1 car ran 12s doesn't mean they all run 12s".

Interesting logic.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

Negative ghost rider.

I don't care about the vid in the least and I am serious.

LT1 is unimpressive in stock form (13s at 113mph) and is rumored to have an appetite for wiping cams.

The car is uglier in person than it is in pics.
I don't care for the tail lights, but otherwise do think the car looks GREAT... it also performs well, though we're not seeing the best from them yet. Like all things new, people need time to really get the hang of subtle differences.. The C7 is good for 12's, no question. A few may dip into the 11's with a very good driver or a hero run, but it's solidly in the low 12's if driven correctly.

All 1998-2002 V8 powered F-bodies also run 12's while factory stock... Superman really is from planet Krypton too, dummy...

You're apparently thinking that, because some dude told you he talked to some other dude who knew another dude who said he saw it happen, it must be true for all of 'em.... Get a clue, fuckle-berry... Not just everyone is stupid enough to believe what you will believe...

Hero runs are UNCOMMON, not normal... buncha ****-gobling fucktards...

Ironic how a few cars at one specific track run 13s while the norm is a second or so quicker, yet they yell "oh just because one ls1 car ran 12s doesn't mean they all run 12s".

Interesting logic.
You may wanna re-think that comment.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

I don't care for the tail lights, but otherwise do think the car looks GREAT... it also performs well, though we're not seeing the best from them yet. Like all things new, people need time to really get the hang of subtle differences.. The C7 is good for 12's, no question. A few may dip into the 11's with a very good driver or a hero run, but it's solidly in the low 12's if driven correctly.

All 1998-2002 V8 powered F-bodies also run 12's while factory stock... Superman really is from planet Krypton too, dummy...

You're apparently thinking that, because some dude told you he talked to some other dude who knew another dude who said he saw it happen, it must be true for all of 'em.... Get a clue, fuckle-berry... Not just everyone is stupid enough to believe what you will believe...

Hero runs are UNCOMMON, not normal... buncha ****-gobling fucktards...

You may wanna re-think that comment.

I bet you believe in 12.2 bone stock 5.bro's though. and 11 second bone stock boss 302's.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

sometimes it'll run makes automach look like a genius. no easy feat.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

I bet you believe in 12.2 bone stock 5.bro's though. and 11 second bone stock boss 302's.
Have you ever seen where I've said that? No? Then shut the **** up, sissy...
Old 06-28-2014, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

sometimes it'll run makes automach look like a genius. no easy feat.
On another note, nobody else is stupid enough to make you look smart... Obviously he's several rungs over of you on the ladder of achievement.

Quick Reply: Turbo V6 Mustang vs Supercharged C7