Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C5 ZO6 vs Ford GT

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Quit kidding yourself.
You know that people rarely bother putting mod motors in anything because the overweight, overpriced boat anchors wont fit. They are the size of a damn big block engine...
I think physical size the mod is actually bigger than a BBC.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 427zm
Law, you know that's not the only reason. The court of public opinion picks GM motors hands down over ford motors. Look at hots rods across the country. Looks at drag strips across the country. It's a much higher percentage of GM v Ford motors everywhere. Small block v small block, or LS v Mod. LS packaging is better out of the box, LS power is better out of the create, LS ECU compatibility is better, and finally and most importantly, LS parts availability is better with a much larger aftermarket.
Wana go fast put a ls in a fox. Wana go real fast put a mod motor in a fox
Old 07-06-2014, 02:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Law, you know that's not the only reason. The court of public opinion picks GM motors hands down over ford motors. Look at hots rods across the country. Looks at drag strips across the country. It's a much higher percentage of GM v Ford motors everywhere. Small block v small block, or LS v Mod. LS packaging is better out of the box, LS power is better out of the create, LS ECU compatibility is better, and finally and most importantly, LS parts availability is better with a much larger aftermarket.

How many drag strips across the country have you been too? Pretty bold statement
Old 07-06-2014, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lawhead
How many drag strips across the country have you been too? Pretty bold statement
A few. And a true statement.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:40 PM
10 Second Club

A few. And a true statement.
I've been to multiple as well and Fox body mustangs out number just about everything there and are 99/100 times ford powered.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been to multiple as well and Fox body mustangs out number just about everything there and are 99/100 times ford powered.
This isn't worth arguing Law. It's abundantly clear the GM small block, big block, and LS populate the globe many times over compared to Ford motors. Believe what you want, it's your world, but truth is there's no doubt GM motors are much more common. Super comp, super gas, super street, top sportsman, top dragster, and any class I'm leaving out, has a majority of GM based motors.

And to get out in front of your funny car and top fuel argument, Dodge has ruled that since ever.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:08 PM
H8R
Staging Lane

Most people don't want to go backwards when they choose a chassis so they don't put them in a GM car......Hence why you see a lot of LSx swapped Fox bodies the chassis is a proven platform.
Right because ripping the torque boxes with decent power and shitty rotten front shock towers are great for a solid car.
These aren't the end of the car and can be fixed, but the chassis damn sure isn't bulletproof. And to flip your words.. They prefer to go forward with chevy powered...
Old 07-06-2014, 03:11 PM
H8R
Staging Lane

This isn't worth arguing Law. It's abundantly clear the GM small block, big block, and LS populate the globe many times over compared to Ford motors. Believe what you want, it's your world, but truth is there's no doubt GM motors are much more common. Super comp, super gas, super street, top sportsman, top dragster, and any class I'm leaving out, has a majority of GM based motors.

And to get out in front of your funny car and top fuel argument, Dodge has ruled that since ever.

Truth. Only point of contention (dodge comment) would be that NONE of those cars are OE blocks or heads, and the only similarity between them and a dodge design is the hemispherical combustion . Big chief pontiacs are pretty damn good too : )
Old 07-06-2014, 03:13 PM
H8R
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by automach1
Wana go fast put a ls in a fox. Wana go real fast put a mod motor in a fox

you're a god damn fool.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:15 PM
10 Second Club

Not worth arguing about yet you continue to ramble
Old 07-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by H8R
you're a god damn fool.
Wrong.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:32 PM
Teching In

I think physical size the mod is actually bigger than a BBC.
Then so is an LS...the last time this ignorant argument came about, 4.slow posted the measurements of both the Coyote and the LS3 and proved himself wrong...
Old 07-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

This isn't worth arguing Law. It's abundantly clear the GM small block, big block, and LS populate the globe many times over compared to Ford motors. Believe what you want, it's your world, but truth is there's no doubt GM motors are much more common. Super comp, super gas, super street, top sportsman, top dragster, and any class I'm leaving out, has a majority of GM based motors. And to get out in front of your funny car and top fuel argument, Dodge has ruled that since ever.
As the people who hate on Mustangs always say, more common =\= better. GM has historically had a zillion more brands than Ford, too, until they got hacked off a few years back. Just because it's more common doesn't mean it's superior.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:36 PM
H8R
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by snake95
As the people who hate on Mustangs always say, more common =\= better. GM has historically had a zillion more brands than Ford, too, until they got hacked off a few years back. Just because it's more common doesn't mean it's superior.

It doesn't mean it's superior, it's just so happens to be that way
Old 07-07-2014, 04:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Then so is an LS...the last time this ignorant argument came about, 4.slow posted the measurements of both the Coyote and the LS3 and proved himself wrong...
lol wut
LSx

Coyote

Gen VII BBC

I guess I gotta post this again...

Old 07-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Teching In

The dimensions the he posted were different, and favored the coyote.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:58 PM
H8R
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
The dimensions the he posted were different, and favored the coyote.
Translation: oops... I'm wrong.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Teching In

According to what he posted, yes, I'm wrong. If those are the legit measurements, then I stand corrected. The original post I'm referencing had different measurements thus my statement. Personally, it doesn't bother me enough to look it up and verify.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Really? We have resorted to comparing physical size to try to discredit an engine? How pathetic...
Old 07-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Agreed that the 4V Modulars are bigger but you have to admit, they are impressive to look at..IMO. They look like an old school big block.

Quick Reply: C5 ZO6 vs Ford GT