Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Pullied 03 Cobra vs BTR Stage 4 Cam C5

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 07:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 426 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So to you, changing a pulley on a Cobra isn't "basic," but swapping an LS6 into your car is...got it.
So where did I say putting my ls6 in was basic you ******* idiot???? please show me.
Originally Posted by Kingc8r
Cobro ran well. Good kill

I'm with Hio as far as the Vette either not having gears, not turning enough rpms or both.

Mavn on here has a similar cam and his results are the opposite. With an auto and a small 3200 stall. Some cars just run better than others.
Yes gears would be good to.
Originally Posted by Its Stock
Wait, how is a pulley swap and exhaust on a Cobra not basic? That is a ridiculous statement.
Run the pulley swap w/o a tune. Please report back to the basicness of the pulley swap.
Originally Posted by 2003Cobro
Lol yes he just needs to find a way to keep hs vette between 6,800rpm and 7,500rpm no big deal.

idiots on this site.
Anyone with a cam worthy of the change should have the limiter set at 7k atleast.......and yes you are a idiot.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 08-27-2014 at 07:13 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Run the pulley swap w/o a tune. Please report back to the basicness of the pulley swap.
why are you basing if it's a simple mod off of if it needs a tune or not? it takes 15 minutes to swap a pulley and load a tune, how that's not basic I dont know. I guess a cold air on a 5.0 is a complex/in depth mod as well.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:45 AM
10 Second Club

The reality is changing the altitude a engine runs at is not basic. The change of the pulley is easy but the effects are not basic.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

While results may vary due to FI or NA - Intake, tune, pulley, exhaust, even injectors - all basic mods IMO. Going to hide now!
Old 08-26-2014, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

sure.....for anyone who can turn a wrench most of it is pretty easy. I just don't think the changing of altitude the engine runs at is "basic"........ and i have a car I changed that on.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

The reality is HiO has more excuses than a cheating spouse about why forced induction is just a big meanie head and isn't fair which all boils down to his denial.

It's easier to make power, better drivability, etc.

Wake up, clown.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:51 AM
***Repost Police***

So where did I say putting my ls6 in was basic you ******* idiot???? please show me.
I hardly call changing the altitude a engine runs at basic. Is it a easy change.....yep. But basic is not a term I would use.

Basic would be something not requiring a tune to me.
Really, Doug? Your go-to excuse for why your LS6 isn't a "swap" is because "it didn't need a tune." So following that lack of logic...
Old 08-26-2014, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

With each shift it was falling out of it's power range for longer. That's why the cobro pulled at the end. More than likely the vette had no gear either making the problem of not turning it hard enough worse.
Exactly what rpm was the C5 shifting at? Its a little hard to know exactly by hearing the exhaust alone.

On another note, that was a great race.

And anyone notice how one toolbag got the boot a couple days ago and now another one is back?

Last edited by R6cowboy; 08-26-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake95
The reality is HiO has more excuses than a cheating spouse about why forced induction is just a big meanie head and isn't fair which all boils down to his denial.

It's easier to make power, better drivability, etc.

Wake up, clown.
You're the clown dumbass......To try and downplay the effects of FI is retarded. Remember I own a FI car.
Really, Doug? Your go-to excuse for why your LS6 isn't a "swap" is because "it didn't need a tune." So following that lack of logic...
Dude have you actually done anything besides type on your puter and read **** on the net.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Exactly what rpm was the C5 shifting at? Its a little hard to know exactly by hearing the exhaust alone.

On another note, that was a great race.

And anyone notice how one toolbag got the boot a couple days ago and now another one is back?
I have no idea what rpm the c5 was shifting at. It really don't matter other than it was not enough for the cam he chose.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:33 PM
TECH Resident

I have no idea what rpm the c5 was shifting at. It really don't matter other than it was not enough for the cam he chose.
Gotchya. Stock LS1 heads aren't very beneficial for a 235/242 cam, especially at 6k+ rpm.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:43 PM
***Repost Police***

Dude have you actually done anything besides type on your puter and read **** on the net.
So...you haven't said that your LS6 wasn't a swap, it was a "replacement," for the very reason that you didn't have to get it retuned? For reference...

I hardly call changing the altitude a engine runs at basic. Is it a easy change.....yep. But basic is not a term I would use.

Basic would be something not requiring a tune to me.

Like I said Bite. To me a "swap" is more involved. Someone could've had a mix up and give someone a ls6 instead of a ls1 and it would go in w/o issue and run fine on the stock tune.
The difference is my car wasn't really a "swap". To me a "swap" would incur wiring/mount changes and maybe even moving other essential components. Make no mistake it was a direct replacement that even ran on the stock tune for a while.

I have a termi motored notch......now that's a ****** swap

Fact is it's a replacement. No changes needed. Bolts right in, all sensors/wires reach, runs on the stock tune. As a matter of fact I went a 12.1@118 on the stock tune and little to no w/r.....not even a dr.
So what does that make your engine swap?

Last edited by Irunelevens; 08-26-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

You're the clown dumbass......To try and downplay the effects of FI is retarded. Remember I own a FI car. Dude have you actually done anything besides type on your puter and read **** on the net. I have no idea what rpm the c5 was shifting at. It really don't matter other than it was not enough for the cam he chose.
On the contrary, I'm not downplaying it, I said it's better, which it is. You have the mental capacity of a Neanderthal so it's really hard for you to swallow. You own a notch so the person who doesn't know better sees that and thinks your opinions are objective. El oh ******* el.

Every GM that has ever lost a race lost because they shifted 1500rpms too soon That's your new built in excuse. Do you keep a book of this ****?
Old 08-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

So, my car is not basic because I have a tune? LOL. That theory is just over my head.

All in all, cammed C5 is slower than 2.81 Cobra. Modular ftw.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:19 AM
Banned

So, my car is not basic because I have a tune? LOL. That theory is just over my head.

Lol I love how you conveniently leave out that the 281 modular needs like about 13 pounds of boost to keep up. Something a typical 2v owner would do.

Please let me know how that 281 would do against a cammed C5 on 13 psi. I'm just curious
Old 08-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! You can't make this **** up.

Gee, Wally, who was just banned?

Who just showed up after months of not posting?

Who both post like a Ford owner kicked their puppy?

Let the record show that I called this **** months ago.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:24 AM
On The Tree

The c5 is my car. Car has 806 heads that is why its shifted at 6k cuz power falls off after 6100. I have now since fixed exhaust leaks and yes it is still a 3.42 geard car. It needs a better head so bad its not funny. It laid down 405hp and 370lbs tq on shortunings dyno
Old 08-27-2014, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! You can't make this **** up.

Gee, Wally, who was just banned?

Who just showed up after months of not posting?

Who both post like a Ford owner kicked their puppy?

Let the record show that I called this **** months ago.
No ****. Pathetic bastard.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bears416
The c5 is my car. Car has 806 heads that is why its shifted at 6k cuz power falls off after 6100. I have now since fixed exhaust leaks and yes it is still a 3.42 geard car. It needs a better head so bad its not funny. It laid down 405hp and 370lbs tq on shortunings dyno
What parts of IL you from if you don't mind? Do you plan on getting better heads soon for the C5?
Old 08-27-2014, 07:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Gotchya. Stock LS1 heads aren't very beneficial for a 235/242 cam, especially at 6k+ rpm.
Sure ls1 heads are not as good as other heads after 6k.......but there is no reason why they are still not goin up in power after that. Hell we turned a hotcamed ls1 6600. I turned a l98 headed 406 6800 or so.......You telling me a ls1 head don't breathe as well as a l98 head?
So...you haven't said that your LS6 wasn't a swap, it was a "replacement," for the very reason that you didn't have to get it retuned? For reference...

So what does that make your engine swap?
You really do save all my posts. As I said....a replacement. It ran on the stock tune @ wot. Try that with a pullied cobro.......don't talk **** about it go ******* do it or
On the contrary, I'm not downplaying it, I said it's better, which it is. You have the mental capacity of a Neanderthal so it's really hard for you to swallow. You own a notch so the person who doesn't know better sees that and thinks your opinions are objective. El oh ******* el.

Every GM that has ever lost a race lost because they shifted 1500rpms too soon That's your new built in excuse. Do you keep a book of this ****?
Cool man.....I wait for you to post results shifting way before you should.

Your a fool for tuning a 2v.....nuff said
Originally Posted by bears416
I hit the nail on the head. Don't be skeered to turn bears......you can tell from watching the vid it wants more rpm. Turn it 500~rpm more and watch what happens.......Hell if your shifting @ 6100 you might want to try 700-800 more rpm.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Lawrence county its south central part along the Indiana border. Yes I will be getting better heads once I find a good deal be it either 243s or aftermarket castings

Quick Reply: Pullied 03 Cobra vs BTR Stage 4 Cam C5