Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kills: '93 T/A (stock) and '98 GT (h/c)

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Kills: '93 T/A (stock) and '98 GT (h/c)

Went out for a bite to eat today and took out the LT1 for a spin (cut-out off ) I just so happened to chill with two of my friends: Tom, who has a red '98 GT A4 with PI heads and cams (some of you guys know him from MMI), and Mike who just bought a stock Polo green '93 T/A A4.

Tom's car just got heads and cams from a 2001 GT swapped in, other than that all he's got is a catback and H-Pipe. He's got VT 225/235 109LSA bumpsticks ready to be swapped in as soon as he buys a stall and 4.10s.

Mike's car is totally stock except for a Flowbastard that the previous owner had installed..

All three of us ended up stopped at a light on Rt. 23 in Jersey. Hearing our cars rev at the same time was just As soon as the light changed, Tom and I got a pretty even launch, Mike spun the hell out of his car (still not used to driving it, he went from a V-6 Mustang to an LT1), and was pretty much out of the race right away. Tom and I stayed pretty even until I passed around 2-3psi when I started pulling on him. The race didn't alst for too long, I was pretty impressed with Tom's car. He ran a 14.7@94mph with just the catback, so [benchracing] I'd say he's probably in mid-high 13s by now[/benchracing]. His top-end will definitely grow once the new cams go in. Very impressive, for the doggy '96-'98 GTs.

All in all, good race. I haven't had one in a while. I can't wait to get a piece of my friend's new 35th aniversary SS

Added some pics also, one of the stang, a couple of the headswap we did, and one of my car how it looks currently:
Attached Thumbnails Kills: '93 T/A (stock) and '98 GT (h/c)-stang-cocked-sideways.jpg   Kills: '93 T/A (stock) and '98 GT (h/c)-cars-003.jpg   Kills: '93 T/A (stock) and '98 GT (h/c)-cars-011.jpg   Kills: '93 T/A (stock) and '98 GT (h/c)-cars-009.jpg  
Old 05-24-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice double kill Jon So, I take it Tom's car is running well? When you gonna get a dyno tune? Do you think that is the main problem with your car?
Old 05-24-2004, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MillaTK
Nice double kill Jon So, I take it Tom's car is running well? When you gonna get a dyno tune? Do you think that is the main problem with your car?
Tom's car is runnin great. I'm really happy for him, he deserves it, he put up with a lot of **** from that car and was insulted a lot for it. I can't wait to see him run some of the 99+ bolt-on GT **** that sometimes come to our chill spot and try to talk ****.

I'm not sure, I think the motor may need to rebalanced. I'm probably going to keep the car unless somebody makes me a good offer for it. It still needs a lot of work. I'm not totally convinced it's running right yet. I'll take it to Cartek some time in late summer and have them check it out, right now I need money to fix little things on the car and try and pass inspection in July. Hopefully my mechanic will hook me up, if not I don't know what I'll do.

Bottom line is that I have to start working more hours, but I'm too damn lazy- 15 hours per week is great when you're on summer vacation
Old 05-24-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

ahh, you bastard, I remember having like 10-15 hours per week last semester... I just started my summer job at the lumberyard, and last week I put in a measly 45 1/2 hours... Anyway, Im glad to see you want to hang on to the car. You have put so much time/money into that thing, and it continues to not run to full potential(you still think your running 13's?). I would think you would AT LEAST be good for low 12's. Man, if you need the engine rebalanced that will be a bitch, and prolly won't be cheap either.

There is a guy at my job that has like 15 or so cars... all american muscle...Guy has an LT1 motor he was thinking of selling for like $1500... If only I had the cash and a car to put it in... Anyway, Jon, are there any parts that you need for your car? If this guy at work has them, Im sure I could get a good deal... Good luck with your car though...
Old 05-25-2004, 02:28 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice races Enis. Always great to run some buds, as you can really compare setups and guage how you will hold up to similar competition.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Nice run