Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Kiddie lessons (78 camaro vs. 13 5.0)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kiddie lessons (78 camaro vs. 13 5.0)

Got my converter back from retune weekend before last and got invited to last race of year at I-40. My buddy really wanted me to make the 130+ mile roundtrip to shut up a kid there. I jumped at the chance even though I traded my slicks after blowing trans and swapping converters bc I didnt think I'd make it back this year. Evidently the kid was bragging all over town that he was the fastest street car around and nobody with dr's could keep up. The reason he thought is he has two step. He brags about all the mods he has and that he can launch the crap out if it.
To make a long story short I got there before gates open and waited. I got beside him my very first pass of the day.
We stage and I just sit there and let her idle. Tree drops and I nail it to about 1/4-1/3 pedal to make damn sure I didnt spin. Running 400 treadwear street radials. I was literally on his rear qtr. about 30-40' out I nailed it and pulled up to his front fender spinning, hooked and put 4 on him by the 1/8. Lol yeah kiddo maybe nobody with dr's can keep up but what about my sr's. Made 6 more passes just having fun and drove home.
Here's one of those fun runs, only video i got and only because the guy came up to me after. Hate not getting vids. Had to ease out bc got squirrelly at 1/2 track. Still ran stock 5.0 time..lol
Old 10-31-2014, 03:24 PM
Staging Lane

Nice kill, and nice car. People who think there **** is the fastest around usually are the least experienced. And when they do get beat they look like a clown. There is always someone faster. Did you hear a list of excuses after? But, but, but, it wasn't running right, my v-tec wasn't working, my flux capacitor was broke. Wait till I get my turbo lol
Old 10-31-2014, 03:45 PM
On The Tree

I see you came down towards me area, Way to put the Smack down on him, like 408 asked, did you talk to him after?
Old 10-31-2014, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 465 Likes on 364 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Good kill
Old 10-31-2014, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Lol.. Nope he didnt have the chance. I went right back around and ran a tenth quicker next pass. Then i got a tad cocky and pulled off that video as third pass. He was staging behind me as I left. Nobody next to me, so i just nailed it and would have spun whole track, but it got scary bc i was on ice the whole time and i know the point of no return with her. hit 3rd spinning and you face other direction nothing you can do. I was moving over 70 and walking 2' or so side to side, when i eased back and hit third.
I don't really talk much at the track. I just pop the hood and walk around and watch and listen when not running. You learn more that way. The moral of the story is that I had already watched him previously, when i was having major problems, but he didn't know that. We were very close on times me being quicker, but i couldn't get her to run under 3500 or over 6500 that day.
He had picked up an honest .3-.5, but I picked up .8 and 6 mph.

I never talked to the kid, (i was him once so i had sympathy) just gave a quick pat on the throttle every time I saw him. I did tell my buddy next time he sees him he should ask if that makes me the fastest street car around even though i drove from over an hour away.....btw im not close unless we're talking 25" tall street radials and driven over 100 miles per week

Stockz yeah im thinking about hittin brainerd. They have a full weekend next weekend. I live in knoxville but have driven 250 miles to a dragstrip before.

Last edited by flextrainer1980; 10-31-2014 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice kill. way to be humble and not find the kid and rub his face in it. sometimes u dont need to, sometimes ya do lol. sharp car, from what i cud see

Quick Reply: Kiddie lessons (78 camaro vs. 13 5.0)