Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt on 5.0 vs ls1 ' s bolt on and h/c

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015 | 07:50 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Yea man it ain't worth anything. Thats why no 5br0s has been in the 10's with out it........according to you.

Originally Posted by PA94Z
So no actual real world examples? Gotcha.... just more fluff and BS

Lucky looked HARD for the elusive bolt on LS cars going E85 and picking up .3 from fuel alone ...but could only come up with a magazine article with sketchy dyno results.

Thanks for showing everyone who the real "dumbass ***" is yet again...
Lol....you're a ****** idiot. That was a decent article you're trying to discredit......and for what? There are other articles that showed gains. I posted the one that pertained to my application.

Maybe you should put some in your heap. .....maybe it will leave the 12's then.
Old 01-23-2015 | 09:36 AM
Teching In

On a nice cool day, you probably don't stand to gain too much on a bolton LS1/LS6 from E85. As long as you can run full timing and not detonate, then better octane isn't going to do much for you. That means your hero runs during the winter probably won't improve. However, if you have to pull timing out when the AIT temps are hot during the summer, then you have something to gain from E85 or meth *in those conditions*.
Old 01-23-2015 | 09:53 AM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Yea man it ain't worth anything. Thats why no 5br0s has been in the 10's with out it........according to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfSK...ature=youtu.be

There you go.

Originally Posted by Red is Faster
On a nice cool day, you probably don't stand to gain too much on a bolton LS1/LS6 from E85. As long as you can run full timing and not detonate, then better octane isn't going to do much for you. That means your hero runs during the winter probably won't improve. However, if you have to pull timing out when the AIT temps are hot during the summer, then you have something to gain from E85 or meth *in those conditions*.
I agree with this.
Old 01-23-2015 | 11:13 AM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Just haven't been impressed with 5.0's.
Old 01-23-2015 | 11:55 AM
wbt
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer
I can say the exact same with your car. Mid 12's is unimpressive. You may be a good match for my truck.

If one isn't impressed with stock long block, N/A, 10 sec. times with factory motor and trans then there is no doubt you are a homo.
Old 01-23-2015 | 11:57 AM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wbt
I can say the exact same with your car. Mid 12's is unimpressive. You may be a good match for my truck.

If one isn't impressed with stock long block, N/A, 10 sec. times with factory motor and trans then there is no doubt you are a homo.
It's been done years ago. Difference is for the first time ever a mustang gt has done it. Not Impressed
Old 01-23-2015 | 12:01 PM
7 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wbt

Must be a gutted auto. No way you are doing that in a full weight stick car. Lol
Old 01-23-2015 | 12:10 PM
wbt
Teching In

It's been done years ago. Difference is for the first time ever a mustang gt has done it. Not Impressed
We already had that discussion in this thread. Do you have the memory of a goldfish? Race car vs. street car.

Originally Posted by islander033
Must be a gutted auto. No way you are doing that in a full weight stick car. Lol
Scroll back in this thread and you will see my car has been running 10's for 2+ years and did so at 3,500lbs. A/C, power windows, stereo, etc.

I'll post this again as a reminder. There are a couple of stick cars on the list: http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...Racing-ET-List
Old 01-23-2015 | 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

I don't see how that's possible. The Boss version makes what, 440hp? More than an LS3, and damn close to the brand new "badass" LT1. Sure, it doesn't make the same tq and it's power comes in the high rpm range, but so what?

When you're racing, power under the curve doesn't mean ****. I hate that argument. "Oh but I make 30 more hp at 3-5k rpm..." cool, go fondle your dyno graph while I pull bus lengths on you with more useable hp between 5-7k. Sorry, my rant isn't focused solely on you, I just don't understand the hate for the coyote engine. Put a coyote in a kit car, then put and LS1-2 in another kit car. The 5.0 will win, period.
Old 01-23-2015 | 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

He does it to try to get a rise out of the 5.0 guys
Old 01-23-2015 | 12:32 PM
7 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wbt
We already had that discussion in this thread. Do you have the memory of a goldfish? Race car vs. street car.

Scroll back in this thread and you will see my car has been running 10's for 2+ years and did so at 3,500lbs. A/C, power windows, stereo, etc.

I'll post this again as a reminder. There are a couple of stick cars on the list: http://www.modularfords.com/threads/...Racing-ET-List
I said YOU. Lol

So your's is a stick car?
Old 01-23-2015 | 01:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
I don't see how that's possible. The Boss version makes what, 440hp? More than an LS3, and damn close to the brand new "badass" LT1. Sure, it doesn't make the same tq and it's power comes in the high rpm range, but so what?

When you're racing, power under the curve doesn't mean ****. I hate that argument. "Oh but I make 30 more hp at 3-5k rpm..." cool, go fondle your dyno graph while I pull bus lengths on you with more useable hp between 5-7k. Sorry, my rant isn't focused solely on you, I just don't understand the hate for the coyote engine. Put a coyote in a kit car, then put and LS1-2 in another kit car. The 5.0 will win, period.
Too bad the 5.0 takes up so much more space or it might be a popular swap. I love technology (dohc, adjustable cam timing, etc) but you gotta admit the LS is pretty amazing for such a simple platform and fits in just about anything thanks to that simplicity.

Old 01-23-2015 | 01:24 PM
wbt
Teching In

Too bad the 5.0 takes up so much more space or it might be a popular swap. I love technology (dohc, adjustable cam timing, etc) but you gotta admit the LS is pretty amazing for such a simple platform and fits in just about anything thanks to that simplicity.

FWIW that is not a pic of a Coyote. Looks to be a 4.6 DOHC motor.

This is a Coyote:
Old 01-23-2015 | 01:26 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

It's not temps or detonation. ......it's about packing more energy into the cylinder via fuel.
They're ok......just not reinventing the wheel like the coyote guys think. But i guess if i was a furd guy and stuck with the anemic n/a **** they had for the last 40 years i would have a big stiffy too.
Originally Posted by wbt

So ......are you callin yourself a homo? Ls **** has been there for many years now.
This.....they're a little late to the game

You missed the point nssane......e85 seems to make the most power @ 5250ish. Which is the rpm right where most fall back into after a gear change. Not 3-5k.....no one cares about that.

The boss motor is special. Cnc'd heads, bigger valves and cams......gm did not make a ls3 comparible to it. But for both of there intentions the ls3 beat it. Now do Cnc'd heads and more cam to a ls3......even keeping it emissions legal it will smash the boss motor.
Old 01-23-2015 | 01:29 PM
Teching In

Hio, ethanol has less stored energy than gasoline per gallon. That's why you need more flow from the fuel system when converting to E85. You're actually putting MORE fuel in to get the same combustion energy. To be more precise, 1.5 gallons of ethanol is roughly equal to 1 gallon of gasoline.

What you may be thinking about is oxygenated race gas.

Last edited by Red is Faster; 01-23-2015 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2015 | 01:46 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by wbt
L]
Yeah your car is a race car. No big D though. Apples for apples.
Old 01-23-2015 | 01:47 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by islander033
I said YOU. Lol

So your's is a stick car?

Lol reading and comprehension isn't Will Bang Tranny's strong suit.
Old 01-23-2015 | 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah your car is a race car. No big D though. Apples for apples.
Oh Ill love to hear the explanation for this
Old 01-23-2015 | 01:53 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Oh Ill love to hear the explanation for this
I'd explain it to you but you ain't no gangsta.
Old 01-23-2015 | 02:23 PM
On The Tree
10 Year Member

Tr00f!

Quick Reply: Bolt on 5.0 vs ls1 ' s bolt on and h/c