Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lswon

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 01:19 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Lswon

Got a few kills this past week in the camaro.

First was a mid 90s cobra mustang. I seen this guy driving like a complete douche, weaving in and out of traffic, during rush hour like he was Paul Walker or some ****. So I hauled *** around a bunch of cars to catch up to him and we happened to catch a red light together. I scanned the area for pigs and saw none so I looked over at cobra boy and said hey! He was like yeah? I said "when that light turns green, I'm goin for it". He smiled and said alright. So inevitably the light finally turns green, we were off! I spun all the way through 1st gear but was still door to door with the cobra. When I hit 2nd and finally gripped, I started running away from him the little pony pretty quick like. I shut down at about 100, and a couple buses ahead. He turned off as soon as he could.

A couple days later I ran into another cobra. Expect this time it had a blower on it. An 04 the guy said, and he just had a bassani cat back on it. Which i believe cause I couldn't really hear the blower much. He pulled up next to me while were both driving down the road and was snapping the throttle at me. So I just waited until traffic cleared, downshifted my auto into 2nd and gave him the nod to start honking. On 3rd honk we hit it from 45 mph. I pulled about a car until I hit 3rd gear and then it leveled off a bit, but I pulled about another 5 feet maybe until I let off at 130ish. The guy was shocked when I later told him that I just had an air filter and cat back. The ol' LS1 still holdin it's own!

Then last night I found myself being stalked by a Cadillac CTS-V. I'm pretty sure it was an 04-07 with either the LS6 or LS2. They were finally able to pull out from behind me and rev their engine at me. The car definitely had exhaust work. The passenger had a really cocky look on his face like he was SURE they were about to dust my car. The driver already has his manual trans in 2nd at like 40 mph, so I just floored it in drive and we both took started off about the same time. With my right hand on the wheel, I stuck my left out the window and waved bye bye to them. I pulled about 2 cars by 100 and another car by 120ish. Then hit the brakes and watched the ricer fly by. Then turned off right away to where I was headed. Didn't see them again. Still impressed by the LS1 after all this time.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

I was there
Old 03-16-2015, 04:50 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mystic

First was a mid 90s cobra mustang. I seen this guy driving like a complete douche, weaving in and out of traffic, during rush hour like he was Paul Walker or some ****. So I did the same like I was Vin Desiel and hauled *** around a bunch of cars to catch up to him and we happened to catch a red light together. I scanned the area for pigs or horses but there aren't any barns this close to the city and saw none so I looked over at cobra boy and said hey! He was like yeah? I said "when that light turns green, I'm goin for it". He smiled and said alright. So inevitably the light finally turns green, we were off! I spun all the way through 1st gear but was still door to door with the cobra. When I hit 2nd and finally gripped, I started running away from him the little pony pretty quick like. I shut down at about 100, and a couple short buses ahead. He turned off as soon as he could.

A couple days later I ran into another cobra. Expect this time it had a blower on it. An 04 the guy said, and he just had a bassani cat back on it. Which i believe cause I couldn't really hear the blower much. He pulled up next to me while were both driving down the road and was snapping the throttle at me. So I just waited until traffic cleared, downshifted my auto into 2nd and gave him the nod to start honking cause I was horny. On 3rd honk we hit it from 45 mph. I pulled about a car until I hit 3rd gear and then it leveled off a bit, but I pulled about another 5 feet maybe until I let off at 130ish. The guy was shocked when I later told him that I just had an air filter and cat back. The ol' LS1 still holdin it's own!

Then last night I found myself being stalked by a Cadillac CTS-V. I'm pretty sure it was an 04-07 with either the LS6 or LS2. They were finally able to pull out from behind me and rev their engine at me. The car definitely had exhaust work. The passenger had a really cocky look on his face like he was SURE they were about to dust my car. The driver already has his manual trans in 2nd at like 40 mph, so I took the hit like Autocock at a gay bar and just floored it in drive and we both took off about the same time. With my right hand in my lap, I stuck my left out the window and waved bye bye to them. I pulled about 2 cars by 100 and another car by 120ish. Then he got traction and I hit the brakes just before the freight train. Then turned off right away to where I was headed. Didn't see them again. Still impressed by the LS1 after all this time.
You don't say. Good kills mang!

Last edited by Mongoose350; 03-16-2015 at 05:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:12 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

So you see a guy drive like a douche, and then you go and drive just like him so you can catch up and engage in a street race in the middle of rush hour traffic? NICE
Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myk
So you see a guy drive like a douche, and then you go and drive just like him so you can catch up and engage in a street race in the middle of rush hour traffic? NICE
Haha that was my first thought.. all an all good kills. Wish ppl in my are were cool enough to even engage you when u pull up next to them..
Old 03-16-2015, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Big hummer

First was a mid 90s cobra mustang. I seen this guy driving like a complete douche, weaving in and out of traffic, during rush hour like he was Paul Walker or some ****. So I hauled *** around a bunch of cars to catch up to him and we happened to catch a red light together. I scanned the area for pigs and saw none so I looked over at cobra boy and said hey! He was like yeah? I said "when that light turns green, I'm goin for it". He smiled and said alright. So inevitably the light finally turns green, we were off! I spun all the way through 1st gear but was still door to door with the cobra. When I hit 2nd and finally gripped, I started running away from him the little pony pretty quick like. I shut down at about 100, and a couple buses ahead. He turned off as soon as he could.

A couple days later I ran into another cobra. Expect this time it had a blower on it. An 04 the guy said, and he just had a bassani cat back on it. Which i believe cause I couldn't really hear the blower much. He pulled up next to me while were both driving down the road and was snapping the throttle at me. So I just waited until traffic cleared, downshifted my auto into 2nd and gave him the nod to start honking. On 3rd honk we hit it from 45 mph. I pulled about a car until I hit 3rd gear and then it leveled off a bit, but I pulled about another 5 feet maybe until I let off at 130ish. The guy was shocked when I later told him that I just had an air filter and cat back. The ol' LS1 still holdin it's own!

Then last night I found myself being stalked by a Cadillac CTS-V. I'm pretty sure it was an 04-07 with either the LS6 or LS2. They were finally able to pull out from behind me and rev their engine at me. The car definitely had exhaust work. The passenger had a really cocky look on his face like he was SURE they were about to dust my car. The driver already has his manual trans in 2nd at like 40 mph, so I just floored it in drive and we both took started off about the same time. With my right hand on the wheel, I stuck my left out the window and waved bye bye to them. I pulled about 2 cars by 100 and another car by 120ish. Then hit the brakes and watched the ricer fly by. Then turned off right away to where I was headed. Didn't see them again. Still impressed by the LS1 after all this time.
damn you get around.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

When in Rome
Old 03-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by assasinator
damn you get around.
You noticed huh? Did you read it all?
Old 03-16-2015, 09:19 AM