Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt-on WS6 vs 392 Charger

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 10:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt-on WS6 vs 392 Charger

My car: 6 speed 2000 Ws6, longtubes, LS6 intake, the rest is stock.

The Charger was stock (I believe) and he said he had the car in "race mode", whatever that does. No vids unfortunately.

Heading out to the gym in Mexico tonight and saw a pair of Charger headlights come flying up on my tail out of nowhere. The road opens up into a 4 lane highway and he does a little fly-by so I play catch up. Finally get into some open space on a good stretch of straight road and get beside him, look over and he gives me a nod so I know it's on. We were rolling along around 40 so I dropped it into 2nd and gave him the 3 finger sign then honked it off. From the hit I got out about a half car, hit 3rd gear and he creeped up a touch and we were basically door to door through the top of 3rd. I hit 4th and at that point he slowly puts a 1 1/2 to 2 car lengths through 4th. Tried to get another run heading back the opposite direction but traffic was a little thick and wasn't really enough room to get a good one in.

We stopped off in a parking lot and chatted for a second, he was a cool guy. He said he had just bought the car. I had the t-tops off so I would think that gap after 100 could have been smaller, if not door to door. Either way it was a good close run.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Good run ! The 392 is no joke. Up top is were my 392 really shined they don't run out of steam.

Last edited by OneSlowV; 05-03-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^oh look, who woulda guessed it...
Old 05-03-2015, 11:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Typical tool come in a guys thread and can't even say good run ! And you right who would of guessed Nate still riding my **** !
Old 05-03-2015, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Typical tool come in a guys thread and can't even say good run ! And you right who would of guessed Nate still riding my **** !
Dude, am just missn u, don't hate me.

Btw, good run OP.

Iz dat better OneSlowBr0?
Old 05-03-2015, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

Dude, am just missn u, don't hate me.

Btw, good run OP.

Iz dat better OneSlowBr0?
Much better love you to boo
Old 05-04-2015, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Damn, must be one badass gym if it's worth going to Mexico for...

Good run OP!
Old 05-04-2015, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mongoose350

Good run OP!
LOL! I was thinking the same thing.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Close run! Speaks volumes about how well the old LS1 can hold its own against new cars.

Originally Posted by Mongoose350

Good run OP!
Some say that's where Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson works out...
Old 05-04-2015, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

We bench press baskets of tomatoes and squat cases of tequila. It's low tech but works for me!

And yes, I didn't expect a W but was pleased with how close it was.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:01 AM
ASSuming On The Tree

You should run them both from a dig.

Originally Posted by why87
My car: 6 speed 2000 Ws6, longtubes, LS6 intake, the rest is stock.

The Charger was stock (I believe) and he said he had the car in "race mode", whatever that does. No vids unfortunately.

Heading out to the gym in Mexico tonight and saw a pair of Charger headlights come flying up on my tail out of nowhere. The road opens up into a 4 lane highway and he does a little fly-by so I play catch up. Finally get into some open space on a good stretch of straight road and get beside him, look over and he gives me a nod so I know it's on. We were rolling along around 40 so I dropped it into 2nd and gave him the 3 finger sign then honked it off. From the hit I got out about a half car, hit 3rd gear and he creeped up a touch and we were basically door to door through the top of 3rd. I hit 4th and at that point he slowly puts a 1 1/2 to 2 car lengths through 4th. Tried to get another run heading back the opposite direction but traffic was a little thick and wasn't really enough room to get a good one in.

We stopped off in a parking lot and chatted for a second, he was a cool guy. He said he had just bought the car. I had the t-tops off so I would think that gap after 100 could have been smaller, if not door to door. Either way it was a good close run.
Nice runs. The several occasions I lined up next to them at the track, they were usually spinning and still running 13.2s@108.
Old 02-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ls1Monstaz
I had a similar experience riding with my chick and trying to find my damn phone to record while racing. Unfortunately the heat was just getting started so I couldn't screw up the race by looking for the damn camera. It was 2 392 edition chargers. A 2013 and a 2015. Bad ***** and they so happen to both pull next to me. I only have a cat delete and catback. They seemed stock. So we gave it a run. First 3 honks and we were gone from a 20 roll up to about 80 the 2015 had me by a car the whole time. Traffic was a bit crowded so driving reckless was not a good idea. Then both 392's alone gave it a go and matched pretty well. Real lucky that that 2015 went a different route while a sheriff was right on his *** to get him. While me and the other 392 went our separate little ways So again the racing begins and a last round for us two. My 01 bird vs 2013 392. We roll of from a 15-100ish. He honks and as soon as I herd that 3rd honk mannnn I smashed it like I knew I was gonna loose but screw it I went for it. Up to about 60 we were neck to neck, then my needle hitting 70 and he creeps a good car on me. The whole time I was on his rear bumper just watching us both zoom into the future kinda thing ha..we both let off and parted ways with thumbs up. Im still amazed how well I kept up to this 6.4 monster.
Cool story bro. This thread is almost a year old.

Quick Reply: Bolt-on WS6 vs 392 Charger