Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Bolt-on A4 LS1 Z28 vs. Bolt-on/suspension M6 6.0 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolt-on A4 LS1 Z28 vs. Bolt-on/suspension M6 6.0 GTO

So this weekend was a big car show at a local community college. Afterwards, a lot of people head north of where the show was to Drag Main in a town called Paxton. I took my GTO, and my buddy Zach took my '95 Impala SS out to drag main. We all did burnouts, made loud noises, screwed our tires, and had a good time. Afterwards, a bunch of my friends who went to both the show and to Dragging Main in Paxton hung out for a while and watched some guy in a 5th gen Camaro SS 1LE get pulled over for doing a burnout on the main street (where we all were).

We get word of some races going down, and I wasn't feeling particularly good at this point in time, so I figured I would go watch and not participate. The first few races go on outside of town and I get asked by one of my friends if I wanted to run his stock motor, exhaust and intake only 4th gen A4 LS1 Camaro. Sure, I figured he would get me off the line because he can stall against the converter, and he did. Also didn't help that it was a little chilly, and I was shaking so hard that I missed third, so he got me by about a car. But on the way back... That's where it gets good.

We turn around and I jokingly say we should do a 30 roll, which somehow turned into a 45 roll- he might need his hearing checked now that I think of it. We started off, did the three honk, he jumped the third honk, and the race was on. Since there's a touch of lag with the drive by wire setup on the LS2 GTO's, it took a second for me to get rolling in 2nd gear. His car downshifts, he pulls forward a quarter of a car, I shift into third. I start coming around him as he shifts into the next gear. 4th comes, I can't see the nose of his car anymore as I pull harder on him. At the very top of 4th, bang shift into 5th and come flying past the crowd at a speed I can't even remember. We both shut our cars down, turn around and come back to the crowd.

People are cheering while calling us dumbasses for flying by the crowd after the roll... We both got out, joked with each other for a little bit, and shook hands. Ended up 1-1 this past weekend, which I'm happy with for a stock motor LS2 that has a slightly screwed clutch.

Quick Reply: Bolt-on A4 LS1 Z28 vs. Bolt-on/suspension M6 6.0 GTO