Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Poppa(S550 Mustang) vs 6gen SS at track

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 09:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't matter how often you race your car at the track. Talking in "what ifs" about cars across the country is bench racing.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:56 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jay z28
It doesn't matter how often you race your car at the track. Talking in "what ifs" about cars across the country is bench racing.
It does matter how often you race your car, because I'm at the track enough that I know what these cars run compared to each other. I'd say someone that is involved with that, at least has a better idea than the ones that don't.

If you want to split hairs though, then that's fine. Everyone knows that the a8 runs better than the manual. Everyone also knows that with a tire that you can launch harder. So there's no "what it's" that the a8 is faster, I only asked his opinion how he thought he'd do.

Are you always so serious?
Old 05-16-2016, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
It does matter how often you race your car, because I'm at the track enough that I know what these cars run compared to each other. I'd say someone that is involved with that, at least has a better idea than the ones that don't.

If you want to split hairs though, then that's fine. Everyone knows that the a8 runs better than the manual. Everyone also knows that with a tire that you can launch harder. So there's no "what it's" that the a8 is faster, I only asked his opinion how he thought he'd do.

Are you always so serious?
Lmao, not sure why you took my original post so personal. I didn't even quote you.

Maybe you don't understand what bench racing is. But talking about potential results of certain cars with x options and y mods, cutting x 60's with z drivers, blah blah... That is bench racing. Having track experience in your fbody doesn't change that. Sorry buddy.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Lmao, not sure why you took my original post so personal. I didn't even quote you.

Maybe you don't understand what bench racing is. But talking about potential results of certain cars with x options and y mods, cutting x 60's with z drivers, blah blah... That is bench racing. Having track experience in your fbody doesn't change that. Sorry buddy.
I know what bench racing is and I didn't take your first post personal, or I wouldn't have called myself an srk idiot and laughed about it.

My fbody has nothing to do with why I made that statement, so you can leave it alone, you don't want any of it anyways!

I was talking about watching these particular cars run all the time at the track, in stock form, to modded. So I can make a knowledgeable bench racing assumption just like anyone else that does it. I know my original statement wasn't a bench racing remark, that was what the joke was about when I made my original response to you.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

I know what bench racing is and I didn't take your first post personal, or I wouldn't have called myself an srk idiot and laughed about it.

My fbody has nothing to do with why I made that statement, so you can leave it alone, you don't want any of it anyways!

I was talking about watching these particular cars run all the time at the track, in stock form, to modded. So I can make a knowledgeable bench racing assumption just like anyone else that does it. I know my original statement wasn't a bench racing remark, that was what the joke was about when I made my original response to you.
I like TA's better than the Camero when it comes to the LS body style, but you're probably right, I wouldn't want your car. Now if it were white, then we could talk.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

So poppa was bench racing when he said if he didn't hit his rev limiter he would have won.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by big hammer
So poppa was bench racing when he said if he didn't hit his rev limiter he would have won.
Uhhh...yeah. Why would it be considered anything else? "What ifs"=bench racing.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:20 AM
11 Second Club

I like TA's better than the Camero when it comes to the LS body style, but you're probably right, I wouldn't want your car. Now if it were white, then we could talk.
Touche
Old 05-16-2016, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Uhhh...yeah. Why would it be considered anything else? "What ifs"=bench racing.
Poor bench racing mother ******!
Old 05-16-2016, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Poppa needs driver mod.

Roll racing in D and forgetting to up shift at the track.

Not proper.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slowmotive
Nice runs man. I like the 6 gen power and interior but I still hate the look of them :/
I am not a fan either, although the 6gen DOES look much better and sleeker in person vs pictures online. He added the black rear spoiler to his, which I think set it off pretty good.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The problem i see here poppa is you keep comparing your times to a stock sexgen. A sexgen with similar thought out mods as you will put you needing a converter to keep up. Think about it.

-100 lb with some of it alot of it rotating like you

Catback....hp ?

E85....seems to be about 30hp

Drag pak with a dr

They don't seem to need much for suspension but lowering it a little could help mph a little.

6gen stands to pick up .5 with just those mods. And that's probably conservative.
Once mods start its just a matter of who makes more power. Everything else is just speculation. I will just have to wait until I meet one, and know their mods etc.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Wherever you are at is producing good times. He would have ran right up near the top of the list for a manual car.

So in turn a drag pack a8 would run high 11s all day in this same area and same night. Right in line with you.
E85 and tune would go right near the ~.5 stock gap imo. Other than the 35rwhp increase you got removed TM and quicker firmer shifts. Suspension mods and cat back may help a touch as well. At most with bolt ons I can see the 5.0 closing the gap a tenth or two.

I just don't see how they will run equal with equal mods. Not on the same track same day with equal launch. You had trouble with a stock tire manual bro.

Not sure if you've been looking lately but the 6gen doesn't need negative DA to hit 11's. One has done it in low positive DA. We have also had a few lately come very close in +1-2000DA. The latest was a guy who just ran 12.2@115 in 91 degree heat and a 1.9 60 ft. Bone stock. He would get the 11 second slip with just a better launch.
I don't see a bone stock 6gen doing much better than 1.9-high 1.8s on the oem street tires... just wont be the norm. Either way, I am not hating on them. They run good. I am seriously considering holding off on my big power mods to see what Ford has in store for the 2018 Mustangs. I am sure they will at least even up/be slightly quicker. Always good for both camps because we all get faster.

A8's are known to run better, so I was just wondering how you think you'd do against one on a tire. I wasn't trying to be an *** in any form, just an honest question. So if this guys car ran on the faster end of the manual cars, and your car runs on the faster end of the coyote's, what do you think yours would do against an A8 stock 6th gen on a tire that runs on the faster side of them?
I understand what you are saying. Until I am able to meet up with a stock A8 6gen though, its all speculation.

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
The auto cars are hitting 7.8s at 91ish from what I have seen with no traction issues stock. The manual trans is MPH pretty hard on the big end over the auto of course.
7.8s is very good stock. Props to them. I have been 7.6s with my same setup, so DA would play a part if those 7.8 times for the 6gen were in favorable DA.

It the end good runs man
Thanky mang.

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
Agreed. I think these results of a six speed 6th gen Camaro and poppas S550 makes both look good.
Both cars are good cars.. with the S550 playing catchup from stock.

This thread has all the bench racers!

Good track runs, Poppa!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Poppa drivers race with stock 6gen. Good run poppa. It seems you may have covinced yourself they are that good
Well, I really wish we could have run more.. but I was a solid 2mph faster on the trap than him.. so not really a drivers race unless you consider reaction time making the win. Everything else the same, my car is the faster car.

No man.. That was an aborted run. My other 3 runs for the day, were all low 7.8s. No issue being faster than his best of 8.08.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Poppa needs driver mod.

Roll racing in D and forgetting to up shift at the track.

Not proper.
Troof MJ I needed drivermod on our first run not shifting the damn car to 2nd Dammit... that would have been a good run... me in front of course.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:25 PM
11 Second Club

Never mind. You speculated that you would have still beaten this guy if you ran the full 1/4, the a8 are known to be faster than the manual, and you won't "speculate" on the a8 like you did the 1/4.

It was an honest question at first, because knowing that the autos run better and you had ran the guy at least twice, I would have an idea, or my opinion if I could beat one that's possibly .2-.4 tenths faster. Now it's just ridiculous that you won't give your opinion in that, but have no problem giving how you think every other race will go against your car.

It's OK though, I think I know your opinion on it now. Not really even sure why I asked now
Old 05-16-2016, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

6G is highly revered
Old 05-16-2016, 01:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poppa, why would you wait for the new year Mustang when you're going to go turbo anyways? Add a couple extra PSIs and you'll make up for what slight difference in power there will be for a 2018 mustang..
Old 05-16-2016, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Poppa, why would you wait for the new year Mustang when you're going to go turbo anyways? Add a couple extra PSIs and you'll make up for what slight difference in power there will be for a 2018 mustang..
Poppa seems to like having newer cars. Think he is just buying himself time and patience.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Poppa seems to like having newer cars. Think he is just buying himself time and patience.
Not sure why anyone would go from a 2016 mustang to a 2018 mustang if your end goals are boost..

Seems like a very unnecessary purchase but if you can swing it then shoot, more power to ya lol.
Old 05-16-2016, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure why anyone would go from a 2016 mustang to a 2018 mustang if your end goals are boost..

Seems like a very unnecessary purchase but if you can swing it then shoot, more power to ya lol.
Yeah, I have no clue what changes will happen between 2015 and 2018.

I must say as far as new cars go those $40k s550s with Roush blowers and a warranty are enticing as far as a daily goes. $41,200 for a 6r80 and a few other small desirable options and I'm golden.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, I have no clue what changes will happen between 2015 and 2018.

I must say as far as new cars go those $40k s550s with Roush blowers and a warranty are enticing as far as a daily goes. $41,200 for a 6r80 and a few other small desirable options and I'm golden.
Very true! If I was in the market for a new performance vehicle, I'd be looking very hard at those $40k Roush Mustangs.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

2018 mustang gets an active intake manifold with flaps the open/close by an electric motor. It will be interesting if the aftermarket can unlock the controls for that and use to tune.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I thought they had some sort of active intake now.

Poppa....I already said you need totake a look at the gearing splits. Your 2mph advantage in the 1/8 may not mean **** in the qtr. The 6gen likely back halfs better since they seem to run your mph in the 1/4 stock.

Quick Reply: Poppa(S550 Mustang) vs 6gen SS at track