Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Low Sausage '16 Bro vs. No Sausage 16' SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Whats to wonder about the stock equipment on a base GT? ITs a base car made to be cheap.

Whats so special about the run flats on a new base SS car that still outperforms a PP mustang with better tires on a track?

The mustang is the cheapest car in the segment for a reason.

Better stock tires and or equipment aren't free.

Some of you must have missed the 1le and z28 comparison where they switched the tires between them. They put the trofeos on the 1le and it gained very little. Suspension tuning is required to get the most out of a new tire.
While the suspension is a little on the soft side on the Base GT, the brakes are nothing to hate on. 14" Dual piston fronts and forgot the rears... I believe it is pretty much the same size as the 2013-2014 Track Pak cars had.

For $1100 and the Ford Racing Handling package, you can take a base GT and outperform a 1LE in the turns. I know this because my buddy had is 2015 Perf. Pak GT, and installed the FR handling kit. This same friend also traded his 2013 1LE in on his Mustang. He said without a doubt, before the handling pack, the 1LE handled better... after the handling pack, the Mustang handled better. This is from an owner of both cars, and he is not biased. He is an engineer... so if you know those types of folks, they are pretty **** about details.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
While the suspension is a little on the soft side on the Base GT, the brakes are nothing to hate on. 14" Dual piston fronts and forgot the rears... I believe it is pretty much the same size as the 2013-2014 Track Pak cars had.

For $1100 and the Ford Racing Handling package, you can take a base GT and outperform a 1LE in the turns. I know this because my buddy had is 2015 Perf. Pak GT, and installed the FR handling kit. This same friend also traded his 2013 1LE in on his Mustang. He said without a doubt, before the handling pack, the 1LE handled better... after the handling pack, the Mustang handled better. This is from an owner of both cars, and he is not biased. He is an engineer... so if you know those types of folks, they are pretty **** about details.
Yeah you would be wrong. Show some proof
!
Old 06-14-2016, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
Yeah you would be wrong. Show some proof
!
We don't have scientific data mang... He owned both cars, and drives pretty fast, and very well in lots of twisties(Has owned Supra TT, Evos, other fast cars that handle well). This is just his opinion after owning both cars and driving the same roads very spirited. He scared the **** out of me in both cars btw.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

We put a D1SC Procharger on his car, and after a little bit, he took it off and traded for a 2016 GT with Auto, 3.15 gear like mine.. we reinstalled the Procharger.. but he also had another FR handling pack installed on the auto car too. It really does transform the car.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:16 PM
TECH Resident

We don't have scientific data mang... He owned both cars, and drives pretty fast, and very well in lots of twisties(Has owned Supra TT, Evos, other fast cars that handle well). This is just his opinion after owning both cars and driving the same roads very spirited. He scared the **** out of me in both cars btw.
No proof.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Here is the 2015 first startup after we put the D1SC on:

Old 06-14-2016, 11:22 PM
TECH Resident

Mike - "yeah" *car starts*
Old 06-14-2016, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Mike - "yeah" *car starts*
I got them movie star qualities... what can I say man...
Old 06-15-2016, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Base gt would need new rims and tires as well. Also alignment and some people need it installed.

1100 added to the price of the PP would bring the price to within 400 bucks of a base 6g SS not counting installation and alignment. And then it's still a half second slower in the 1/4.

The cars are pretty close in performance value any way you cut it. But the advantage to some for the SS is that all the performance comes oem and warrantied.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
No they're not. Lol a quick look from Google shows many people who weighed them and they're strikingly similar to the mustang.
Its a known fact that 18inch wheels/tires combo will be lighter than 20".

Itd another known fact that Goodyear 1LE track tires have a very stiff sidewall, which helps a lot for road racing, but its not good for the 0-60ft, hence why stock SS fast list have better 0-60 and 1/4 scores (plus the better gearing advantage). C5 forums have bad rep, but there is good info too.

When I switched the G2 for Michelin AS3, it felt like I was riding on a cloud instead of rails.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

One of those intakes has already gotten more than 1 S550 120mph traps with the same mods as me. We shall see huh?

And I didnt go slower with the Steeda intake.. I just didnt gain anything with the NO TUNE setup with the restrictor. Going to try it without restrictor... tuner is sending me a revised tune as we speak..

Your little Lol. Said it all on our mods list. That right there proves to me that Phils car will not keep up with me mod for mod. Let me get a stall, lightweight driveshaft, long tube headers and no cats on my car, as I am sure yall are doing or have done. It wouldnt stand a chance in hell. Oh, and if we meet up to run... we WILL run across a truck scale beforehand, or no deal.

This is just to prove whether holesaw it or not and claim not to
That's one hella intake to pick you up 4mph. That shoulda been your 1st mod.
So is this 500 based on Phil coming to the table with same mods? Or with his car full sausaged out? Driveshaft? Long tubes? Cats? 3lb clutch? You know my mods. I can surely wait to race until I have equal mods tho. Like longtubes, driveshaft, lightweight brakes, stall etc etc etc...

Tell you what. I have 1000 saying with exact verifiable mods on our cars without weight reduction (other than what the catback, drag pack gives) his car wint touch mine mod for mod. We would roll across a scale before said races too.
Sweet......so you gonna add 200# to your car now too?

You have a 116 trap car that leaves decent from a dig.....Not that hard to achieve to get a 5gen to run with you from a roll.
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
So Hio claims his car is built for road racing but doesn't post in the road racing section at all?
I didn't claim it was built for anything but a fun street car. You're so ****** clueless you wouldn't understand how to build anything for a specific action.
Really? 2-3mph? Hmm... my car on stock tune catback only on street tires went 89.6mph in the 1/8th. With flex tune, e85, and drag pack it has trapped 93.5. So you are telling me 90% of my trap speed increase came from the e85 and drag pack? Wow... that would mean my 93 side of the flex tune should only give me 1mph huh? Lol... them bench racers...
Sounds about right

1-2 mph on a short track like a 1/8 would be a pretty good gain from a 93 side of a tune.
No they're not. Lol a quick look from Google shows many people who weighed them and they're strikingly similar to the mustang.
I've weighed them.....well the regular ss wheels anyway. They are 70+lb. I already said the 1le is slightly lighter.

But lets break this down......strikingly similar in you eyes us probably 4-8lb. Over 4 wheels and tires that could be up to 32lb more rotating weight. Do you think that 32lb would help your car accelerate?

Not to mention the wider contact patch.

My bet is 1le wheel/tire package is likely closer to 40lb vs mustang wheels. Of course i think there are several mustang wheels so that could vary

Proof

No proof.
Lolz
Old 06-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How in the world did we go from comparing the 1le to the performance pack and now we're talking about base wheels and regular SS wheel weights? Besides the base GT wheel/tire set like mine are over 54lbs!! Not exactly light weights. Lol
Old 06-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Because Hio tries to make the 1LE seem like it's better than it actually is. Whatever helps him try to win an argument.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

5th gen = S550
Old 06-15-2016, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Its Stock
Because Hio tries to make the 1LE seem like it's better than it actually is. Whatever helps him try to win an argument.

He doesn't need to win an argument. He has the logic of a crazy woman and denial. That trumps everything.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

I don't know why drag cars don't just run 20" wheels since a lighter smaller diameter wheel has no benefit. Maybe we will see some donk drag cars in the near future.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

^^^^^^lol

How in the world did we go from comparing the 1le to the performance pack and now we're talking about base wheels and regular SS wheel weights? Besides the base GT wheel/tire set like mine are over 54lbs!! Not exactly light weights. Lol
There isn't much of a comparison between the 1le and pp. The 1le walks all over it.

54lb is light when we're talking about a 5gen wheel of 70+lb. I wanna say phils 2012 5gen rears were like 76 lb. The fronts were a little lighter because they're smaller. So now were looking at 44lb of rotating on just the rear tires and 32 on the fronts give or take. 76lb or so more rotaing vs a 5br0....lol

Edit- talked to phil he said 68 front and 72 rears. So 64 lb more rotating vs the 5br0. That's alot of extra rotating to fight.
Originally Posted by Its Stock
It's a really great car....just what it is.
Originally Posted by JC316
He doesn't need to win an argument. He has the logic of a crazy woman and denial. That trumps everything.
Why would anyone listen to someone who can't orove they're not a ******. Atleast admit to man.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 06-15-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Why would anyone listen to someone who can't orove they're not a ******. Atleast admit to man.
Hey, you're the one that wanted to see my junk. Oh and thanks for proving me right.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
I don't know why drag cars don't just run 20" wheels since a lighter smaller diameter wheel has no benefit. Maybe we will see some donk drag cars in the near future.
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
^^^^^^lol

There isn't much of a comparison between the 1le and pp. The 1le walks all over it.

54lb is light when we're talking about a 5gen wheel of 70+lb. I wanna say phils 2012 5gen rears were like 76 lb. The fronts were a little lighter because they're smaller. So now were looking at 44lb of rotating on just the rear tires and 32 on the fronts give or take. 76lb or so more rotaing vs a 5br0....lol

Edit- talked to phil he said 68 front and 72 rears. So 64 lb more rotating vs the 5br0. That's alot of extra rotating to fight.

It's a really great car....just what it is.

So the pp/1le wheel/tire weights are comparable and the 1le has a substantial tire advantage. Not sure where all the talk about the other models comes from.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Base gt would need new rims and tires as well. Also alignment and some people need it installed.

1100 added to the price of the PP would bring the price to within 400 bucks of a base 6g SS not counting installation and alignment. And then it's still a half second slower in the 1/4.

The cars are pretty close in performance value any way you cut it. But the advantage to some for the SS is that all the performance comes oem and warrantied.
I agree. The SS performs well. I wish Ford would provide the FR handling pack as the PP option.. but I guess they chose to make more money in the aftermarket with it. If you have the dealership install the kit, its fully warrantied though.

Quick Reply: Low Sausage '16 Bro vs. No Sausage 16' SS