Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2016 Drag race!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

His Da was 1000 ish yesterday. Ours was 2800. I have ran in 3k da probably 70 times since the late 90s.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
His Da was 1000 ish yesterday. Ours was 2800. I have ran in 3k da probably 70 times since the late 90s.
I didn't know you all ran yesterday. What were the times? Any vids/time slips?
Old 09-26-2016, 06:09 PM
Launching!

LoL at the crying going on from the 6th gen camp. They're cars people, some of you act like you'll die if the performance doesn't go your way. PS, gt350 would pull a W over 6th gen as well.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm actually amazed the GT350R performed how it did. Only 2 tenths faster than the 6G... I expected more tbh though... Not trolling or anything, but looks like the GT350 and 6G would be a good run.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Tire spinning amazes you, not the 5mph diffrence in spite of.

People don't give the voodoo the credit it deserves.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1

Edit: Sorry, I'm pi$$y watching that woman on the debate speak. Lol
Old 09-26-2016, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hillbill is 99's home girl
Old 09-26-2016, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

It deserves no extra credit for what its doing.

With 70 more hp, turning carbon wheels at a lower curb weight it manages less than 5 mph more?

Why should anyone be impressed with that? other than being a mustang fan?

What does it deserve? What has it accomplished on the drag strip that deserves such high praise? Im not following...

and yet the 6g out traps the gt by 4-5 mph and beats it in et by a half second...at a 4k starting price difference. And wallops it on a road course. with only 20 more hp and similar weight. that deserves praise imo

wow...that really sounds bad...
Old 09-26-2016, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

6gen just walks all over the gt in every way. They have to use thr gt350s to even compete. If they even want to win by a little they have to use the R.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Hillbill is 99's home girl
You kiss your mother with that mouth?

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
It deserves no extra credit for what its doing.

With 70 more hp, turning carbon wheels at a lower curb weight it manages less than 5 mph more?

Why should anyone be impressed with that? other than being a mustang fan?

What does it deserve? What has it accomplished on the drag strip that deserves such high praise? Im not following...
So now the car runs as it should beating the Camaro but before it was turd that couldn't match its hp claim in real time performance. All this flip flopping y'all like to do got to stop.

I'm not asking anybody to do anything. I just see an awful lot of hate against a mean machine. Ford or not.

THAT is y'all problem, not mine or the gt350's.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Oh i dig the gt350s. But it doesn't matter if it's not in a affordable package. Essentially the 1le out handles the gt350 and matches the R in handling......with lesser tires on it. For the 40k difference in price i can surely make up that .2
Old 09-26-2016, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

You kiss your mother with that mouth?

So now the car runs as it should beating the Camaro but before it was turd that couldn't match its hp claim in real time performance. All this flip flopping y'all like to do got to stop.

I'm not asking anybody to do anything. I just see an awful lot of hate against a mean machine. Ford or not.

THAT is y'all problem, not mine or the gt350's.
I haven't flopped on anything.

I said its runs slower than it should. Low 12s and 526hp is "mean machine". Ok....

It doesn't match its hp claim in real time performance. Especially without the carbon wheels and 100lbs stripped out. Will be trapping ~116. Which they have. You cant tell me that's great looking at all the numbers etc

Cool car and handles damn good. But im not impressed by its 1/4 prowess. Same for the z28. But at least that was a pig on an outdated chassis.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Oh i dig the gt350s. But it doesn't matter if it's not in a affordable package. Essentially the 1le out handles the gt350 and matches the R in handling......with lesser tires on it. For the 40k difference in price i can surely make up that .2
I made the same point in a previous debate about tires and you didn't want to hear it.

I haven't flopped on anything.

I said its runs slower than it should. Low 12s and 526hp is "mean machine". Ok....

It doesn't match its hp claim in real time performance.

Cool car and handles damn good. But im not impressed by its 1/4 prowess. Same for the z28. But at least that was a pig on an outdated chassis.
So you base your interests on 60fts? From oe circuit built cars at that.

Well you must really like the Cobrojet then, the Copo too.

Any joe blow can buy a pony stick car and throw on a set of qtp's and e/t a little something.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I made the same point in a previous debate about tires and you didn't want to hear it.

For the 3rd time.

Not impressed with its 1/4 performance.

That includes the trap speed. As i stated before. they were all on the same surface. The r has stickier tires than the 1le. Not sure why you complaining about spinning. and spinning more can sometimes help the trap.

If you would look into it the car just isn't made for the 1/4. It makes very little torque till around 4k. Drivers are forced to either blow the tires off or bog out. But even tests with aggressive tires have proven to be less than impressive. I still has not matched what the 6g has done stock on a drag pack.

again...how does 70 hp. less weight. and turning carbon wheels. for less than 5mph = impressive? it just doesn't...I don't care what badge is on it. It should be a consistent 120+ trap car. Which a lot of the mustang community seems to agree with. You are one of the few trying to hail it as a 1/4 monster. it is not. from any angle.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Launching!

For the 3rd time.

Not impressed with its 1/4 performance.

That includes the trap speed. As i stated before. they were all on the same surface. The r has stickier tires than the 1le. Not sure why you complaining about spinning. and spinning more can sometimes help the trap.

If you would look into it the car just isn't made for the 1/4. It makes very little torque till around 4k. Drivers are forced to either blow the tires off or bog out. But even tests with aggressive tires have proven to be less than impressive. I still has not matched what the 6g has done stock on a drag pack.

again...how does 70 hp. less weight. and turning carbon wheels. for less than 5mph = impressive? it just doesn't...I don't care what badge is on it. It should be a consistent 120+ trap car. Which a lot of the mustang community seems to agree with. You are one of the few trying to hail it as a 1/4 monster. it is not. from any angle.
Woah buddy, you got me all wrong.none of these cars are 1/4 monsters. That one up there in my sig is. All these small block cranks don't weigh enough for that if you catch my drift.

AGAIN, all I'll say is I see a lot of hate on the car. Not how you perceive it but from the untapped potential that is there. If you've seen someone make some good passes on a bias ply with one please share I'd love to see it.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Any joe blow can buy a pony stick car and throw on a set of qtp's and e/t a little something.
The gappin the 6gen lays out on the gt is gonna take more than matching up tires
Old 09-26-2016, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Woah buddy, you got me all wrong.none of these cars are 1/4 monsters. That one up there in my sig is. All these small block cranks don't weigh enough for that if you catch my drift.

AGAIN, all I'll say is I see a lot of hate on the car. Not how you perceive it but from the untapped potential that is there. If you've seen someone make some good passes on a bias ply with one please share I'd love to see it.
Havent seen any on bias ply.

here is a standard 350 on mickey Thomson DR at cecil in cold weather. it also had "unspecified" suspension mods.

it traps 116. and eeks out an 11.96.

That would not hold up to a stock a8 6g with a tire on that track in those conditions. an m6 could run with it too im sure with equal driving.

http://www.epicspeed.net/the-first-2...1s-in-14-mile/

im sure you've seen it.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The gappin the 6gen lays out on the gt is gonna take more than matching up tires

Doug my man, regardless the outcome the same point your trying to make now was my valid point that was ignored. Doesn't make it acceptable now just because you're saying it.

here is a standard 350 on mickey Thomson DR at cecil in cold weather. it also had "unspecified" suspension mods.

That would not hold up to a stock a8 6g with a tire on that track in those conditions. an m6 could run with it too im sure with equal driving.

im sure you've seen it.
I've never seen it but to put a large diameter wheel drag radial on this car and think your going to cut some 60fts is a fairy tale.

The A8 camaro's do make efficient passes. They have a butt load of gearing and a tight converter. The mt-82 gt's and the gt350 are a different kind of animal.

Any good results coming from the 6g manuals?
Old 09-26-2016, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

im sure you've seen it.
That car had dr's and suspension mods. To. Stock 6gens went faster than it.
Doug my man, regardless the outcome the same point your trying to make now was my valid point that was ignored. Doesn't make it acceptable now just because you're saying it.

I've never seen it but to put a large diameter wheel drag radial on this car and think your going to cut some 60fts is a fairy tale.

The A8 camaro's do make efficient passes. They have a butt load of gearing and a tight converter. The mt-82 gt's and the gt350 are a different kind of animal.

The tire is only a valid point if the tire can over come the gap. Matching the 6gen tire to the gt350r tire will likely get it there. Matching the track pak gt to the 6gen won't get it there.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

cdflyer on c6 ran a 12.0 @ 116 on his first pass with slicks on the back. stock. 1ss

Broke an axle the next.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...427506&page=13

post 178. still nothing spectacular with a 1.86. As said he tried going harder and popped an axle.

haven't really checked on much else lately...as im going a8 this time around. always had manuals before.

Quick Reply: 2016 Drag race!