Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The 6th gens Poppa has been talking about

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah so now you know why I won't go back to fayetville. I don't need to go to prison.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
Yeah so now you know why I won't go back to fayetville. I don't need to go to prison.
I dont really want to go either... its a 3hr drive for me... but might make 1 trip to see how it compares to Rockingham.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:18 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I dont really want to go either... its a 3hr drive for me... but might make 1 trip to see how it compares to Rockingham.
eh IDK man I don't think its worth it!
Old 01-07-2017, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are complaining about things that happen at almost every track.

Never had low IATs on my car during a run. You literally need a track rental if you don't want to deal with that.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

11 second cars that day with 1.8 60 or better. I own one. I ran 12.5 with a 2.1 60.

Yeah that's an honest run. That's an average time

If you average a blown run. Wow
Old 01-07-2017, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

So they ran what all the other average time 6gens are running across the country. Cool beans.
Yeah it's average to pull a 2.1 60 ft. But it still ran 12.5. And you hike that up as proof? You're acting like a troll. It must burn you deep down to realize that's an 11 second capable car and you know it. Stock

That's an 11 second run with a 1.8 60. I've went through the same exact scenario and same 60 fts with my car

In DA of about 1000 or less on many tracks the a8 6g will run 11s or very close if you can get a 1.8 60 ft. Totally stock. But it's not easy. With stock tires the prep has to be great obviously
1.7s is guarantee and people need dr for that.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

One run my buddy ran, he actually didn't spin. True that he was still getting used to the car and launch modes etc. I am not saying they cant run low 12s... I was making a point about what 3 of them ran at same track that day to Ultra and others
His best 60 was 2.17

He could have ran 11s that day. And you know it

How many lies have you been caught in on this whole subject today ?

Maybe no one else was paying attention or seen other threads but lol

I got nothing else to say on the subject. It's obvious to anyone what's right here

I'll just say 93 only... case closed... and lol

I'll never listen to any of your reports from the track ever again either. I'm not a fan of dishonesty
Old 01-07-2017, 02:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Come to piedmont it does not disappoint. Track prep is always good
Old 01-07-2017, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by madmike9396
Where is piedmont
Old 01-07-2017, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is Pray's car. We all know he has been very OCD about minute details on his car. Car runs good.
Truth. LOL. Thanks for the plug bro.

I have never had a good experience at the Rock. Track prep the five times I have gone there has been crap. Unless you run at or right after an event it is garbage. I have heard from all the actual drag racers I know that the Rock is a tenth or two quicker and a mph or so faster than Fayetteville though. I don't have an answer as to why. I personally think the track prep at Fayetteville is much better on average and I have personally set three records there as has Rick Crawford and others. Only one of those came at a rental. If prompted the crew at Fayetteville will respray, drag, scrape or what ever the track. They stay pretty on top of it even at TnT.

There are no safety rules that I have seen enforced at Fayetteville for street cars. You have to deal with all the IHRA rules at the Rock. I personally think that if you drove the car there or it is a car you drive everyday then how you protect yourself down the strip is your prerogative. It isn't 1980 anymore. I know there are many that will disagree with me. That's fine.

Fayetteville is under new ownership. I can't say that I am any happier with them than the guy in this thread that wants to drop kick them into a well. It used to be above 40* and not raining was the rule to run. Now it is above 55*. The guy that does the staging lanes does need some serious help. Trying to get a cooled down run is non existent. I have been stuck first in line all ready to go just so they can let some race car come down the hill and get a pass in. Hell, I ran the 11.70 on stock tires and just needed one more pass to get my 11.60's and the blocked the staging lanes and told me there was no way I was making another pass, record be damned cause they were closing. So I pull up to air up my tires and hear two more cars make two more passes each cause they knew those guys. So now I just ignore him and drive by and do what I want. But that is me. I would rather ask for forgiveness than permission.

Poppa, let me know when you are going to make the trip to the Rock and I will drive up there. It is a bit far for me to make the drive on the drag pack but I will pack the jack and try to get the tires in the car some how. I am up to give it another try. I just have to check the rules for running 10's. I don't want to make the drive and get the boot.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The worst thing about any track is clown shoes like the two in the video that don't know what they are doing. I don't know how many times I have had to roll down the window and yell at the starting line crew to mop up the water the last idiot left behind for the first 60ft cause he drove through the water. Or the guy that does the burn out in the box or in the rocks throwing every thing behind them. I also had some moron in a modded Scat pack on slicks that would edge me out and then cut in front of me after the pass and put a bunch of chips in my window and front paint throwing rocks at 120mph. If he wasn't 65 yrs old he would have gotten a beating. Even a stern talking to didn't help. He kept lining up against me and doing the same thing. So I had to stay in it past the stripe to keep him in his own lane. Being an incompetent drag racer doesn't just make you look dumb on Youtube. It jacks up other people who may not just be there to just yuck it up with their buddies. Rant over.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 464 Likes on 363 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Poppacry back at it. Poppacry calls out pray for being detailed oriented even though he is on his car. But mod 4 mod as he used to say he would be about 1sec slower than pray.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Yeah it's average to pull a 2.1 60 ft. But it still ran 12.5. And you hike that up as proof? You're acting like a troll. It must burn you deep down to realize that's an 11 second capable car and you know it. Stock

That's an 11 second run with a 1.8 60. I've went through the same exact scenario and same 60 fts with my car

In DA of about 1000 or less on many tracks the a8 6g will run 11s or very close if you can get a 1.8 60 ft. Totally stock. But it's not easy. With stock tires the prep has to be great obviously
1.7s is guarantee and people need dr for that.
Well if they will run 11s easy, the whole stock 6gen list would be 11 second runs huh?

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
His best 60 was 2.17

He could have ran 11s that day. And you know it

How many lies have you been caught in on this whole subject today ?

Maybe no one else was paying attention or seen other threads but lol

I got nothing else to say on the subject. It's obvious to anyone what's right here

I'll just say 93 only... case closed... and lol

I'll never listen to any of your reports from the track ever again either. I'm not a fan of dishonesty
Nothing dishonest in what I have said. Your butthurt is real. Tell you what... keep worrying about what stock and near stock br0s are doing at the track.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah but that's 1/8th mile... I have a track 25mins away from me that has pretty good prep for 1/8th mile stuff. I really wish there was a 1/4 mile track closer than 2hrs away that ran regular test and tunes.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Banned

Pappa is still angsty about barely pulling a fender on a bone stock 6gen with his max effort bolt on br0.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:12 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pray
Truth. LOL. Thanks for the plug bro.

I have never had a good experience at the Rock. Track prep the five times I have gone there has been crap. Unless you run at or right after an event it is garbage. I have heard from all the actual drag racers I know that the Rock is a tenth or two quicker and a mph or so faster than Fayetteville though. I don't have an answer as to why. I personally think the track prep at Fayetteville is much better on average and I have personally set three records there as has Rick Crawford and others. Only one of those came at a rental. If prompted the crew at Fayetteville will respray, drag, scrape or what ever the track. They stay pretty on top of it even at TnT.

There are no safety rules that I have seen enforced at Fayetteville for street cars. You have to deal with all the IHRA rules at the Rock. I personally think that if you drove the car there or it is a car you drive everyday then how you protect yourself down the strip is your prerogative. It isn't 1980 anymore. I know there are many that will disagree with me. That's fine.

Fayetteville is under new ownership. I can't say that I am any happier with them than the guy in this thread that wants to drop kick them into a well. It used to be above 40* and not raining was the rule to run. Now it is above 55*. The guy that does the staging lanes does need some serious help. Trying to get a cooled down run is non existent. I have been stuck first in line all ready to go just so they can let some race car come down the hill and get a pass in. Hell, I ran the 11.70 on stock tires and just needed one more pass to get my 11.60's and the blocked the staging lanes and told me there was no way I was making another pass, record be damned cause they were closing. So I pull up to air up my tires and hear two more cars make two more passes each cause they knew those guys. So now I just ignore him and drive by and do what I want. But that is me. I would rather ask for forgiveness than permission.

Poppa, let me know when you are going to make the trip to the Rock and I will drive up there. It is a bit far for me to make the drive on the drag pack but I will pack the jack and try to get the tires in the car some how. I am up to give it another try. I just have to check the rules for running 10's. I don't want to make the drive and get the boot.

Seems the same for my local 1/8th mile track vs Rockingham.. usually about 2 tenths and mph or so slower at the 1/8th track. I always try to keep temps consistent when I run because that is one less thing to attribute to a worse run etc. I am in a small way OCD like you, but i don't mess with my own tuning. Unsure when I will be making another trip the Rockingham as of yet.. maybe in next couple of months but I'll let you know. Maybe Brian can bring his 6gen again too(he is 1LE A8 on here btw.. just signed up)
Old 01-07-2017, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pray
The worst thing about any track is clown shoes like the two in the video that don't know what they are doing. I don't know how many times I have had to roll down the window and yell at the starting line crew to mop up the water the last idiot left behind for the first 60ft cause he drove through the water. Or the guy that does the burn out in the box or in the rocks throwing every thing behind them. I also had some moron in a modded Scat pack on slicks that would edge me out and then cut in front of me after the pass and put a bunch of chips in my window and front paint throwing rocks at 120mph. If he wasn't 65 yrs old he would have gotten a beating. Even a stern talking to didn't help. He kept lining up against me and doing the same thing. So I had to stay in it past the stripe to keep him in his own lane. Being an incompetent drag racer doesn't just make you look dumb on Youtube. It jacks up other people who may not just be there to just yuck it up with their buddies. Rant over.
I agree.. there are rules that racers need to follow for sure.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Poppacry back at it. Poppacry calls out pray for being detailed oriented even though he is on his car. But mod 4 mod as he used to say he would be about 1sec slower than pray.
? I didn't call Pray out... I meant that as a compliment, and have acknowledged many times how OCD I am about things myself. Quit trying to start trouble again mang.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
Pappa is still angsty about starting to pull and continuing to pull as the race ended and the pull would have gotten worse the faster we went on a bone stock 6gen with his minimal effort bolt on br0.
Fixed it for you. Have another video of pulling a train on a 6gen on my full 19x9.5s if you like.. I don't like racing stock 6gens anymore... they just can't compeet man.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Banned

That bone stock 6 gen kept right up with you. Your car is not a top end monster either.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bet Poppa's car would mop Jake up pretty hard from a roll

Quick Reply: The 6th gens Poppa has been talking about