Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 beats Ls1?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004 | 03:32 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Originally Posted by BigBronco
ford will never make a car to run like the ls1 did.. (as in mustang GT level) simply because they no they will not need a car to do that. that is why they have the cobra, and they GT sells good enough as is, and they know they do not need an even higher HP motor to get more sales.
Yep, faster is not always better for sales. Look at the mustangs, the 6 cylinder ones outsell the 8cyls by a rather large margin ... they are what keep the stangs alive, not the GT's. Not to mention that a HUGE amount of people are still dumb enough to believe that GT stangs are the king of the roads (they routinely stomp f-bods, vettes, & vipers .... in ferd fairy land). Then there is the tremendous ferd aftermarket, so the people who really want to make them fast, will generally just go do it themselves.

Let's say, for instance, that they made all the GT's be just like the 03/04 cobra. First, they need to raise the price .... lose a ton of customers there. Next, insurance for their owners is a lot higher due to the extra power .... more customers go bye byes. ****, they aren't even selling the limited number of COBRA's they produced (compared to the GT) ... imagine if that was the only thing they offered?
Old 07-02-2004 | 07:11 AM
STF Veteran

ford technology?
Isn't that an oxymoron?
Old 07-02-2004 | 09:05 AM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS
Isn't that an oxymoron?
You meant to say you are a moron Brandon just kidding bro...

dont get to pissy at me, remember i am building the motors and cars for you guys anyways.
Old 07-02-2004 | 10:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by T-WrEcKzSiLv-RBiRdY
ok To start off my friend has a 94 camaro z28 he made into an ss...hes got lt headers ,cutout and flows, he has cold air performance tranny..torque converter and some loud cam but i dunno what it is..I have bm shift kit exhaust ,lid ,eiback pro kit and i have a 2000 t/a..from a dead stop we raced and i spanked him by like 4 car lengths then he wants to do it from a roll...so where going about 20mph and all of a sudden we both floor it and he just passes me on by like its nothing..id say he beat me bout 1 1/2 car lengths..what the hell is going on here?? Ive talked to people and they swear that i can beat him and when i do it from a stop he says his tires arent catching but i never hear and squeaking tires...but from a roll its over with....what is the problem anyone know??
I agree, don't underestimate the LT1. Of course the LS1 has a few minor improvements, but that doesn't make the LT1 a grocery getter! I have an LS1 and my friend has an LT1, and trust me...he has plenty of power. He won't try me from a dig since I have 4.10's, but he would smoke me something bad on the highway with his 2.73's!
Old 07-02-2004 | 10:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hepcatws6
I agree, don't underestimate the LT1. Of course the LS1 has a few minor improvements, but that doesn't make the LT1 a grocery getter! I have an LS1 and my friend has an LT1, and trust me...he has plenty of power. He won't try me from a dig since I have 4.10's, but he would smoke me something bad on the highway with his 2.73's!

Don't waste your time, he's just a troll.
Old 07-02-2004 | 10:19 AM
STF Veteran

You meant to say you are a moron Brandon just kidding bro...

dont get to pissy at me, remember i am building the motors and cars for you guys anyways.
Why don't you drop a LS1 into the Crustang? That would rule!
Old 07-02-2004 | 05:35 PM
STF Veteran

It would be something yea, but I wonder if it isn't cheaper to drop a Ford 392 crate engine in though... and a hell of a lot easier since most 302 stuff would bolt right up to the 351w block.
Old 07-02-2004 | 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

I still wanna know how his friends car was "made into an ss" .. why not say Z28 with an SShood?
Old 07-02-2004 | 06:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

What i have to say is this. I can make a motor, Naturally Aspirated make more RWHP on pump gas for 7000 bucks, and destroy almost every ls1 around. Building small block fords and chevys are so much easier and cheaper

Old 07-03-2004 | 02:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I still wanna know how his friends car was "made into an ss" .. why not say Z28 with an SShood?
Because his username is -~*TwRecXXZslVRRRbirdY*~- do you expect anyone with a name like that to make sense?

I think if I arbitrarily inserted nonsense symbols and randomly capitalized letters in the middle of words for no good reason, I would pretty much consider myself useless and kill myself. But that's just me.
Old 07-03-2004 | 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Velocity
Because his username is -~*TwRecXXZslVRRRbirdY*~- do you expect anyone with a name like that to make sense?

I think if I arbitrarily inserted nonsense symbols and randomly capitalized letters in the middle of words for no good reason, I would pretty much consider myself useless and kill myself. But that's just me.

Suicide would be a sin. This is a bad case of "shoulda been aborted".

btw can someone please explain to me wtf a "bm shift kit" is? I've never owned an auto, so i have don't know about their parts, but this thing sounds like something you buy at auto zone for 130 bucks and its basically a cute handle and fake shift **** with a 60 dollar decal for the rear window...

cammed/convertered/real bolt ons, vs basically a bone stock ls1. yeah, you had a chance. you should try my method, spray em and leave em. works wonders then when you post up with your weird-*** name you wont sound semi-retarded.
Old 07-03-2004 | 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Slik, listen here it is B & M shift kit. all it does it give you firmer shifts, and helps little out wear and tear on the tranny. but i mean i find it worthless to do that to a 4L60E though
Old 07-09-2004 | 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

awwwwwwww.... were did he go????
Old 07-09-2004 | 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
awwwwwwww.... were did he go????

He should be home cause MTI closed a little while ago... I mean are hours at HPE are over at 6:00

Gray
Old 07-09-2004 | 06:37 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

He should be home cause MTI closed a little while ago... I mean are hours at HPE are over at 6:00

Gray

That kid is a moron. The whole 9 second car, and yeah I work at MTI thing is rediculous. I'm guessing he's 16, just got the car, and the 'rents are footing the bill.

IF your buddy did work at MTI, I would assume you would ask him first as to what to do to the car next. Seeing as how you could get parts a bit cheaper then us normal guys.

I think TwREXdbfy<>, needs to figure out that he sucks, and needs to stop trying to be a tough guy.

Since I'm lazy and just got out of work as well, I think I'll take a looksie at his latest posts. I bet he has some really good ones. Almost BULLIT good I'm sure..
Old 07-09-2004 | 06:51 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Wow , everything he has ever said is either "gay" or just some random lieing out of his *** bullshit.

That was 10 mintues of laughs, maybe when I'm older I'll have a couple extra minutes to live thanks to you
Old 07-09-2004 | 07:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Velocity

Good point.

Oh and "Shift Kit" is nothing more than a spring and ball bearing replacement (maybe something else Im missing) but it basically prevents slippage (more slippage = heat = trans death) So instead of a soft shift into 2nd you get a bark, mine pretty much barks the tires at anything over 1/4 throttle.. from 15mph up to a red line shift. When the trans was stock it would only bark when floored. Not sure if its a good mod for the 4L60E or not.. but my trans shifts great with it.
Old 07-09-2004 | 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Don't count out the LT1. It is easily modified to well beyond its stock abiulity. Check the link below:
http://www.silverstateclassic.com/results-03-sscc.htm
Look at the final results of the unlimited class, and see what an LT1 can do.
Old 07-09-2004 | 08:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
well yeah, it's called power adder.

I'm curious to find out how how healthy the new 3v sohc engine is. they claim it's 300hp, but looking at the list of changes, i'm suprised it only gained 40 crank hp. i would expect more. i wonder if it's underrated. i'm also waiting to see if the rumors we've been hearing for years about the return of the "5.0" (by way of a bored out 4.6L) are finally gonna come true.
IMHO, i predict FoRD to come out with a 5.0 mustang in the next years. After all, FoRD does have a 5.0 cammer crate motor (the one that i think could make it into production mustangs) correct bigbronco? saw something about it in a magazine. they were dynoing i think.
Old 07-10-2004 | 12:04 AM
STF Veteran

they've had the 5.0 version of the 4.6 since 2000. they put it in a special technology showcase mustang, the FR500 (i believe). i THINK it was putting out 400hp n/a... but that's just concept car stuff. i don't think we'd ever see one of them in a production car in that trim. now 350hp on the other hand may be quite a realistic goal considering they're getting 320hp out of the mach 1 engine n/a.