Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

14 GT500 vs C7 Z06 Auto

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its neet to see to bros at each others throats... very niece!

Old 11-08-2017, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm sorry i actually clicked on this thread. haven;t checked in for a long while... wow. feels like one of those movies where everything is opposite... all these ford guys on this forum 50/50???

OP, that was a pretty pathetic video to post and call it a kill of any type really. if that's what you're hanging your hat on? please hunt another A8 down and give it a fair chance lol
Old 11-08-2017, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Funny you mentioned positivity. I bet 90+% of hiho posts are negative. He just want's to help everyone though?

You must also be talking about hiho in the last statement you made. How trolling/BSing makes him so mad he has to bring family into it? Guess he couldn't think of anything bad to say about me so he resorts to "your mom".
I said that Hio can be a douche also. And I am not excusing his behavior either. I have called him out in the past. And I will call him out in the future, when I care to. Just like I typically don't care to make posts at all lately. But here I am. I guess if you treat people decently, they treat you decently? So yea, Hio has been decent to me. Even when we have had our disagreements, he always said he liked my car even though it 'can't make power breathing its own air'. I have no issue with a lot of members here. Some, I do have issue with.

Originally Posted by snake95
You trying to compare Doug to a reputable cam grinder is proof of how much you’ll grasp at straws instead of admitting you’re a total camarbrah now.

Doesn’t affect me one bit, Z. I don’t lose any sleep over you claiming to be holier than thou and objective.

Hio only offers to help because you’re in a bowtie now, not because he’s some nice objective hotrodder.

So consider that me “calling you on your ****”
I was trying to give you an example. You think the guy is shady, for whatever reason. Cool. Doesn't mean I have to share the same opinion. Why would I turn down advice/help because he tweaks most of this forum the **** out?

Call me out on what exactly? Rooting for the car I own? Oh no, no one ever does that. Your posts have become a headache inducing, to be honest. I don't claim to be holier than anyone at all. I have two, rather slow cars that I very much enjoy driving. I call BS on both sides. Cryborg is probably the whiniest girl in here. Hio is a douche. Hammer is a 24/7 troll. And I'l gladly call out any of the other pieces of work in here.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
Its neet to see to bros at each others throats... very niece!

Good kill. Too bad you're still too wimpy to take my bet man.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

If they’re headache inducing then put me on ignore I promise I won’t care.

Don’t be upset I pointed out how he doesn’t give a **** about being a good guy to you, he wants your Camaro to represent all bowties. How much advice did he give you on your GN?

You’re not some all-tolerant car enthusiast. You bought a 6g and you voluntarily drank the “downplay all Camaros and **** talk all respectable mustangs” kool aid. It’s all good dude, everyone has noticed even if they don’t say it.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Get the MGW well worth the money you will love it .
Old 11-09-2017, 03:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah, my bad about the sound. My girlfriend was recording and stuck the phone too close to the window/air.

I have been thinking about the MGW2, as Im hearing great reviews. Thing is, believe it or not, I have not experienced any issues with my stock shifter (knock on wood). 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th all go in butter smooth. I open palm shift it, which helps a lot (i think).

First thing Ill do to this brick, will be give it a bit of sound. It pains me to drive around in a muscle car with no 'Merica sound.

Thats a nice bird you have there... One of my all time favorite cars!
My buddy brought his '14 Shelby to me right after he went to the Tail of the Dragon for an MGW. Said the difference was phenomenal. I will say, I drove his car stock, and then with the new shifter. I did not have any lockouts or anything with the stock shifter, or with the MGW, side by side the difference in quality is immense.

Luckily a muffler swap is like a 30 minute job! The rest is a bit more of a pain but no big deal! May not be a bad idea to do the exhaust and shifter at the same time. I don't remember, does the '14 have a carbon fiber D/S? If not, also a nice upgrade to do at the time. I did it on my buddy's 07 when doing the shifter and it made the install MUCH easier.

Thank you for the compliment! It belongs to the boss lady so I am sure she appreciates it
Old 11-09-2017, 07:38 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
OP, that was a pretty pathetic video to post and call it a kill of any type really. if that's what you're hanging your hat on? please hunt another A8 down and give it a fair chance lol
Why are you crying?

How was it not a kill? I came out ahead on an agreed upon race that the vette guy instigated.

How did I not give the vette a "fair" chance? We agreed on a roll and went on 3. I didnt jump him or shut down early.

I say again, why are you crying?
Old 11-09-2017, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZNix
Good kill. Too bad you're still too wimpy to take my bet man.
What bet would that be? All of you'll look the same to me on kik... lol
Old 11-09-2017, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OneSlowV

Get the MGW well worth the money you will love it .
Yeah, been thinking about it. Then again, I have no complaints with the stock shifter. Ill need to test drive one with an MGW2 to be totally convinced it is worth the $450.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Number Tew
My buddy brought his '14 Shelby to me right after he went to the Tail of the Dragon for an MGW. Said the difference was phenomenal. I will say, I drove his car stock, and then with the new shifter. I did not have any lockouts or anything with the stock shifter, or with the MGW, side by side the difference in quality is immense.

Luckily a muffler swap is like a 30 minute job! The rest is a bit more of a pain but no big deal! May not be a bad idea to do the exhaust and shifter at the same time. I don't remember, does the '14 have a carbon fiber D/S? If not, also a nice upgrade to do at the time. I did it on my buddy's 07 when doing the shifter and it made the install MUCH easier.

Thank you for the compliment! It belongs to the boss lady so I am sure she appreciates it
I think that a lot of the issues people experience with the TR6060's has a lot to do with driving styles. I will definitely be looking to test drive one with the MGW2 to see what the "hype" is all about.

I actually just recently installed a Magnaflow axleback to give the car some sound, but was not a huge fan, a bit too loud for my taste, so just went back to OEM axlebacks. Literally had them on a day. I do miss the kickass black tips on the Magnaflow. They looked much more aggressive than stock. It was a very very easy swap.

Yes, the 13/14s came with carbon fiber driveshafts from the factory. It is one of the reasons the car is so "efficient".
Old 11-09-2017, 08:05 AM
On The Tree

If they re headache inducing then put me on ignore I promise I won t care.

Don t be upset I pointed out how he doesn t give a **** about being a good guy to you, he wants your Camaro to represent all bowties. How much advice did he give you on your GN?

You re not some all-tolerant car enthusiast. You bought a 6g and you voluntarily drank the downplay all Camaros and **** talk all respectable mustangs kool aid. It s all good dude, everyone has noticed even if they don t say it.
He didn't have advice to give on the GN. He is clueless when it comes to forced induction. You know this. If he wanted advice on turboing his Camaro, I could help with that.

I am an all tollerant car enthusiast. I like 99% of modern sport/muscle cars. Yea, I dig at the Mustang once in a while. Sweet. I also dig at the Camaro. Its not a perfect car. When I went to look at the offerings of the big 3, I was looking to buy the best car in my budget. I drove s197s. S550s. Both the challenger and charger. Couple corvettes. Drove a 6gen. Bought one.

I don't understand why that bothers you? As soon as I bought it, the "chevy guy" filter went over your eyes man. You only see what you want to see.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I think that a lot of the issues people experience with the TR6060's has a lot to do with driving styles. I will definitely be looking to test drive one with the MGW2 to see what the "hype" is all about.

I actually just recently installed a Magnaflow axleback to give the car some sound, but was not a huge fan, a bit too loud for my taste, so just went back to OEM axlebacks. Literally had them on a day. I do miss the kickass black tips on the Magnaflow. They looked much more aggressive than stock. It was a very very easy swap.

Yes, the 13/14s came with carbon fiber driveshafts from the factory. It is one of the reasons the car is so "efficient".
Magnaflow? Too loud? Wut
Old 11-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Magnaflow? Too loud? Wut
Have to agree with this. I even had Magnapacks before my ATAKs and they were still pretty mild with cats.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is it just me or is snake95s phone messing with his apostrophe and whatnot?
Old 11-09-2017, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I can definitely understand wanting to feel one before buying!

People pay a pretty penny for factory gt500 mufflers, I have a set actually. I think I have Kooks on the back right now, but I have an unplugged Boss midpipe, so all of my sound comes out of the side exhaust for the most part.

As for the D/S that's what i thought, just making sure. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the single tip GT500s on my '13 5.0 mated with JPC over-axle pipes, lethal's offroad h-pipe and stock manifolds. It sounded really good in my opinion.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Wow my last post was butchered with weird symbols.

Anyway, ZN, you're not gonna change your mind and I won't change mine. There is no Chevy guy filter. My dad has been a Chevy guy his whole life and I'll probably get him a big *** bowtie sign for the new garage he's building. I just recognized you buying a new car and then every respectable Mustang 5.0 after that was a lucky one off using rocket fuel to run stock 6g times or some ****.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Have to agree with this. I even had Magnapacks before my ATAKs and they were still pretty mild with cats.
My Magnapacks and O/R X on my old 2v was pretty loud.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Wow my last post was butchered with weird symbols.

Anyway, ZN, you're not gonna change your mind and I won't change mine. There is no Chevy guy filter. My dad has been a Chevy guy his whole life and I'll probably get him a big *** bowtie sign for the new garage he's building. I just recognized you buying a new car and then every respectable Mustang 5.0 after that was a lucky one off using rocket fuel to run stock 6g times or some ****.
If you can point out where I said that, please do. I will call out people saying the 10.4x bolt on coyote is simple. Just like you call out Hio. That car is always compared to the 6gen when you Ford guys hate on it LOL.

Quick Reply: 14 GT500 vs C7 Z06 Auto