Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

18 SS A8 vs 18 GT A10 Dig and Roll

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 89BANDIT
Here is LuvsBlckCock again talking smack. I know more about how business and Gov't work than most other people in the country. It was my job for over 15 years. So,pipe down little boy! And to what he ^ keeps saying about how different private unions are. Are incorrect! They arent much different at all. They are the same. Still union workers, paying union dues. They just get a paycheck from a private corp, while doing work for said corp. And when laid off, still collect there union money! And still pay union dues. You obv have no clue exactly how they work do you? I thought u won a huge million dollar contract? Seems a bit fishy??? I have 5 different FINRA licenses. And i'm blue sky laws certified from the feds, and NYS.

It also appears that LuvsBlckCock is entirely too Ignorant to say anything intelligent, So he chimes in with that BS! What a ******* Loser! He obv took the short bus to school. When his parents actually weren't in an Opiate coma and sent him to School. lol
That’s the Jake style response I expected out of you. You know as much about unions as you do scatpacks and hellcats.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes, The unemployment come from where? In NY they collect it from the Union, hence why the dues are Pd. The private company dosent. A union electrician, or steamfitter. Will work for 3-12 different companies over the course of a year. Sometimes for a few weeks, or a few months on a project. But when laid off, and no work. They collect from the union. After going to the union hall and file'ing for there unemployment.
No, the contractor pays the unemployment and we pay at a very high rate. The union has 0 to do with unemployment and the guys collect it from the state. Union dues are to pay staff, pay for the buildings and all associated cost, to pay for the apprenticeship and continuing education, pay for organizing, pays for collective bargaining. Not unemployment. A union electrician may work for 12 companies in a year, and you also have guys that work at the same place for 30+ years. I don't think you have a ******* clue what you're talking about.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:23 PM
Teching In

^well no surprise there. Bandit is clueless.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
No, the contractor pays the unemployment and we pay at a very high rate. The union has 0 to do with unemployment and the guys collect it from the state. Union dues are to pay staff, pay for the buildings and all associated cost, to pay for the apprenticeship and continuing education, pay for organizing, pays for collective bargaining. Not unemployment. A union electrician may work for 12 companies in a year, and you also have guys that work at the same place for 30+ years. I don't think you have a ******* clue what you're talking about.
They also use some of those dues for political lobbying
Old 12-13-2017, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

nobody outside of a union has any idea what a union is, or the benefits. they speak out of their ***. like i said. im ibew and proud of it. the union feeds my family. i will never be unemployed. i may have to travel but so what.

hearsay, and misinformation is the hallmark of republicans. enjoy your instability and low wages lol. i enjoy mine lol.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:43 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Union guys never disappoint. I worked union years ago and it was a horrible atmosphere of laziness. My boss ran away from me when I asked him for more stuff to do, he had NEVER been asked that before.

Judging from my other union friends I have, nothing has changed. They do nothing all week so they can get triple time to catch up.

I was on a rig that had done a well on a union site prior to me being on it. A 1 month well took 6 months... LOL
Old 12-13-2017, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
Union guys never disappoint. I worked union years ago and it was a horrible atmosphere of laziness. My boss ran away from me when I asked him for more stuff to do, he had NEVER been asked that before.

Judging from my other union friends I have, nothing has changed. They do nothing all week so they can get triple time to catch up.

I was on a rig that had done a well on a union site prior to me being on it. A 1 month well took 6 months... LOL
The union guys on post do crap all week. Then work for double and triple to get where there should be.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Not all unions are bad. Only most
Old 12-14-2017, 12:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Right to work should be illegal. Not only does it drive down wages, it's theft. People taking advantage of the union negotiated wages and benefits without paying for them.
Bullcrap. It allows members to hold their union leadership accountable. By having the ability to pull dues income from their coffers, then leaders MUST listen to the members and not run over them like many do. Without the right to pull your dues from them, the leadership couldn't care less about grievances because they know they will get the dues income regardless. Wages were just fine before the union came to our plant. And our benefits were BETTER.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick.H
They also use some of those dues for political lobbying
Actually MOST of the dues. UAW for instance dips into the strike fund for political lobbying, then asks us to pay more in dues because the strike fund is low(Which is was not). **** the UAW. **** Unions.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by assasinator
nobody outside of a union has any idea what a union is, or the benefits. they speak out of their ***. like i said. im ibew and proud of it. the union feeds my family. i will never be unemployed. i may have to travel but so what.

hearsay, and misinformation is the hallmark of republicans. enjoy your instability and low wages lol. i enjoy mine lol.
I was a member of UAW Local 5286. I saw the bullshit, I saw the light. That is why I am now a non-member. I am not a blind sheep
Old 12-14-2017, 12:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

So in short, union pulled no union by tree cars... Neat! Good kill...
Old 12-14-2017, 01:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Bullcrap. It allows members to hold their union leadership accountable. By having the ability to pull dues income from their coffers, then leaders MUST listen to the members and not run over them like many do. Without the right to pull your dues from them, the leadership couldn't care less about grievances because they know they will get the dues income regardless. Wages were just fine before the union came to our plant. And our benefits were BETTER.
I'm fine with this portion, but people should either have to pay a percentage of dues or have to separate from the union completely. No union representation, no collective bargaining. Negotiate your own wages. Don't ride the coat tails of others. Right to work is intended as nothing more than union killing legislation. It's one way as ****.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by assasinator
i know you are mocking me.

i do decent. my income added to my wife's puts us in the lower middle income bracket. i don't have a pot to **** in with this house i'm paying for. we are trying to owe nothing when we convert the construction loan to a conventional loan in march, so i am paying for most of it out of pocket, and the wife is paying the rest. we hope for 3300 square feet free and clear. i am the small bread winner in the house.
$100k a year household income is above lower middle class. So your income alone.
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Your 100 k job plus your wife is lower middle class?

The average household income in the US is like 75 k. The average job pays 30-40k a year

I make only about 55k at my job (but only 37 hrs a week and never any overtime). Then I make about 10-15 k extra under the table working on cars with my grandfather

100 is good money for sure
You’re right. Depending on what his wife makes he is middle to upper middle.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
So in short, union pulled no union by tree cars... Neat! Good kill...
Nailed it.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Ok, So spoke to my Bro-in law this morning. He is Local 632 NY. 3rd Generation there. Everything I said was spot on. I even had him read the post. Perhaps things differ state to state, and or type of Union.

I also understand you do and believe everything they tell you. Who to vote for, what political party you should belong to. And whatnot. Like what was said above. They turn men into Sheeps! I've seen many times. And regardless of your argument here. They are a drain on the economy. And hurt real jobs in the real private sector. Anybody remember why Scott Walker was elected? He's done a great job since, of TRYING to clean up that corrupt BS up there! People used to be Murdered and Beaten to death. By the order of Union bosses! All for the $$$. Which again, goes back and forth to the Democratic party. Anybody ever visit Detroit lately??? A great sign of what happens when corrupt Democrats, and Unions run a city into the ground!
Old 12-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
^well no surprise there. Bandit is clueless.
More intelligent input from this Little bastard! Guy prob has yet to even hold a real job. Or take home a paycheck where it's taxed. Welfare isnt a job. Regardless of what the Zombies in S. Floriduh tell you.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Ok, So spoke to my Bro-in law this morning. He is Local 632 NY. 3rd Generation there. Everything I said was spot on. I even had him read the post. Perhaps things differ state to state, and or type of Union.

I also understand you do and believe everything they tell you. Who to vote for, what political party you should belong to. And whatnot. Like what was said above. They turn men into Sheeps! I've seen many times. And regardless of your argument here. They are a drain on the economy. And hurt real jobs in the real private sector. Anybody remember why Scott Walker was elected? He's done a great job since, of TRYING to clean up that corrupt BS up there! People used to be Murdered and Beaten to death. By the order of Union bosses! All for the $$$. Which again, goes back and forth to the Democratic party. Anybody ever visit Detroit lately??? A great sign of what happens when corrupt Democrats, and Unions run a city into the ground!
No everything you said is not correct. I looked up New York state, it's just like my state. The employer pays the unemployment insurance. I know some unions, especially factory unions that have shutdowns every year, do collect a portion of dues for short term lay offs but anything long term gets claimed on unemployment.

For example, we have two Ford plants here. They have a 4th of July and Christmas shutdown every year. The employees get a week of paid vacation every year. That week of vacation takes care of one shutdown week. The union takes care of the second shut down week. In the event that the shutdown extends beyond 1 week, pretty common, the remainder gets claimed on unemployment if they so choose.

The impact that unions have on jobs in the private sector is driving up wages, look at the **** pay skilled trades work for in the south. I pay apprentices more than 30+ year skilled tradesmen make down there and our cost of living is the same. It's a ******* shame.

It's funny that you bring up people getting murdered and beaten by order of union bosses. It certainly did happen but it was just a balance of power thing. Who was beaten and murdered before that? Labor activists, beaten and killed by company security forces.
Old 12-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Teching In

More intelligent input from this Little bastard! Guy prob has yet to even hold a real job. Or take home a paycheck where it's taxed. Welfare isnt a job. Regardless of what the Zombies in S. Floriduh tell you.
IBEW member here, paid off social security a couple checks back and have done the same for the better back of the last decade.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Most unions are run by organized crime. At one time they were needed in our history.

Next door neighbor can barely read. Yet he has a second home here and is an auto worker.

Thanks to the union back home in Md I had two employees I never saw eat about 190k of my budget.

Unions grow rich and powerful by companies over paying employees.

Quick Reply: 18 SS A8 vs 18 GT A10 Dig and Roll