Notices
Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

18 cj bro vs 18 fbo ss vs 18 mani ported bro

 
Old 10-29-2018, 03:37 PM
  #61  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
I haven't seen that.
There is a lot of things you havenít seen quit watching msnbc and would learn more 😂
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 03:57 PM
  #62  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Only fox news here. But there are plenty of races out there comparing actual acceleration of all the intakes for 5br0s. In all honesty it takes more mods to get the cj to accelerate the car better from what i have seen. It typically reduces tq but extends rpm.....so it ends up a wash alot of times regardless of dyno #s.

But I'm sure your vast experience of running 12s with 5br0s will be the end all be all to this debate. Or did you even make it to 12s with one?
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 04:06 PM
  #63  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Only fox news here. But there are plenty of races out there comparing actual acceleration of all the intakes for 5br0s. In all honesty it takes more mods to get the cj to accelerate the car better from what i have seen. It typically reduces tq but extends rpm.....so it ends up a wash alot of times regardless of dyno #s.

But I'm sure your vast experience of running 12s with 5br0s will be the end all be all to this debate. Or did you even make it to 12s with one?
Its all In the tune with the cj setup half the guys you have seen are running the 60mm Tb off a gt500 running that will cost you 7-12 rwhp over the 67 or oval setup also cai comes into play to . And do we really need to go there I guess you missed my videos of just a tune cat delete bro putting In work against the tuned ls3 vette and tuned exhaust v2 . Keep talking **** though thatís all you are good for plenty of s197s In the 10s with just bolt ons and e85 pump but sense you watch the wrong news channel you are left in the dark 😂
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 04:07 PM
  #64  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
UltraZLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hanover, Michigan
Posts: 1,253
Default

Still haven’t seen anything showing the cj is anything special on an 18.track or dyno. In fact I’ve only seen the opposite
UltraZLS1 is online now  
Old 10-29-2018, 04:10 PM
  #65  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1 View Post
Still havenít seen anything showing the cj is anything special on an 18.track or dyno. In fact Iíve only seen the opposite
Did you not watch the vid CJ and 100 shot is king 😎
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 07:35 PM
  #66  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post


Its all In the tune with the cj setup half the guys you have seen are running the 60mm Tb off a gt500 running that will cost you 7-12 rwhp over the 67 or oval setup also cai comes into play to . And do we really need to go there I guess you missed my videos of just a tune cat delete bro putting In work against the tuned ls3 vette and tuned exhaust v2 . Keep talking **** though thatís all you are good for plenty of s197s In the 10s with just bolt ons and e85 pump but sense you watch the wrong news channel you are left in the dark 😂
actually there has been very ******* few 5br0s run 10s on e85. Most are on some type of rocket fuel and gutted....lots with race brakes. Notice how yours didn't get there.

I think we already know what ls3 vettes do to bolt on 5br0s.....they're not even a good run. It's like not even slighty close. Same can be said for a bolt on ls6 in a fcar ....they're not close at all.

You tune and cat delete 5br0 would be no different. Unless you think your 5br0 woulda out ran your vette.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 08:34 PM
  #67  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
actually there has been very ******* few 5br0s run 10s on e85. Most are on some type of rocket fuel and gutted....lots with race brakes. Notice how yours didn't get there.

I think we already know what ls3 vettes do to bolt on 5br0s.....they're not even a good run. It's like not even slighty close. Same can be said for a bolt on ls6 in a fcar ....they're not close at all.

You tune and cat delete 5br0 would be no different. Unless you think your 5br0 woulda out ran your vette.
Never took the cars to the track also the majority of the runs it did just like against the V 😉 But I will say it does take a ls3 vette to run with just a little ole bro 5th gen was like smacking a fly nothing to worry about 👍
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 08:38 PM
  #68  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Lol....yea....no.

a well driven ls2 vette more than enough for a 5br0. I've drove them all. I'll worry about them when i can find a bolt on 5br0 to run with me i suppose. None of your **** was gonna that's fo sho.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 08:43 PM
  #69  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Lol....yea....no.

a well driven ls2 vette more than enough for a 5br0. I've drove them all. I'll worry about them when i can find a bolt on 5br0 to run with me i suppose. None of your **** was gonna that's fo sho.
Donít worry yourself to much my **** will be faster than your **** here soon . Iíd hate for you to drive any of my cars that were stick shift we see what you do to cars 😂
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 09:49 PM
  #70  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Yea....what i do? Make bolt on ls6 run a 10.7 with a stick while you don't get past the 13s with a stick.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 09:52 PM
  #71  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Yea....what i do? Make bolt on ls6 run a 10.7 with a stick while you don't get past the 13s with a stick.
Ok mr 1.28 60ft my man shifting skills are a lot better than yours . Iíd have that car doing 1s flat and running 9s son
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 10:01 PM
  #72  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Sure....that's why you went auto.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 10:12 PM
  #73  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Sure....that's why you went auto.
maybe you should join me just think the 60 foots you could do then 😂 Also only way to own a 6th gen if you want a great et . Like Iíve said to I can shift better I donít break **** like you lol
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 10:34 PM
  #74  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Probably if you can't drive.

I'm not in the crowd that a auto 60s better. Only thing a auto does is make it where someone like you can do it.

I'm sure you can shift better. That's why you went auto.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-29-2018, 10:39 PM
  #75  
TECH Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
OneSlowV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: East Texas
Posts: 398
Default

Originally Posted by HioSSilver View Post
Probably if you can't drive.

I'm not in the crowd that a auto 60s better. Only thing a auto does is make it where someone like you can do it.

I'm sure you can shift better. That's why you went auto.
what is there to argue you broke the car I have not with a 6 speed end of Discussion now have a goodnight .
OneSlowV is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 08:02 AM
  #76  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

Because you have no clue of what i was actually doing when i broke it. So you just run dat mouf like you doing something all the while driving a auto. I have more years under my belt driving a stick than you do driving. You literally have no clue and likely think shifting only includes goin up through the gears.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 10:16 AM
  #77  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,140
Default

I heard that black 5.0 has 400lbs taken off it? Is that even possible without being a tin can race car? It would explain a lot.
Pray is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 11:32 AM
  #78  
Teching In
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 0
Default

I just bought a 2018 10r80 5.bro with 3.15's and compared to my 640 wtq V2 sedan, the lower rpm's are gutless. Knowing that and knowing how the cobra jet stuff shifts the power even further in the upper rpm's, I can see how a stock weight and stock stall 5.bro would do worse ET's at the 1/8 or 1/4 mile track. They have less power leaving the line and probably can't 60 foot well.

Anywho, that is my opinion on the matter from someone who only roll races, so I don't know much about the track anyways.
AWPer is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 11:41 AM
  #79  
10 Second Club
iTrader: (8)
 
HioSSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Winchester, VA
Posts: 5,074
Default

^^^^^^nice purchase!

Originally Posted by Pray View Post
I heard that black 5.0 has 400lbs taken off it? Is that even possible without being a tin can race car? It would explain a lot.
Could happen....i have about 400lb out of my 4gen camaro and you have have no idea that much was out by looking or riding in it. But all the furd guys says it's a tin can. Be interesting to see their response to that........lolz

But to keep it in perspective the other 5br0 had race brakes and weight out to i think. Someone may have more info on that.
HioSSilver is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 12:01 PM
  #80  
Teching In
 
BlkMach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: S. Fla.
Posts: 36
Default

I dunno the details on the black car besides CJ and 3.73s, drag pack, brakes.
BlkMach1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: