Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

18 cj bro vs 18 fbo ss vs 18 mani ported bro

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 01:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris25
You running speed density now or the card style ls3 maf?
yea card style

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Nice changes. Maybe that's why you kept the STD instead of SAE?
i don't keep it in anything. It's however the owner of the dyno set it up. In the end the et/trap is what matters. The dyno can say whatever it wants and it still won't change that. Like phil told someone after 4/20. Would you rather say it trapped 130+ with std numbers or sae numbers? Doesn't really matter results were the same. We have also since found sae from dyno to dyno don't mean **** if you want anymore accurate comparison from std to sae.

That was on pump gas to. So...there was likely about 10 left in it on e85 based off previous experience. Closer to 20 left with these rocket fuels. Ls6 is a nasty little motor.

btw....i bypassed the ps pump to. Just so it would be on par with all these electric ps cars. Gives a more accurate comparison that way. Ls6>5br0
Old 11-01-2018, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Steeda car is gutted. Has ceramic bearings in rear and gears are lightened and polished. Push a car with those beaings.,will shock you
Old 11-01-2018, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Steeda car is gutted. Has ceramic bearings in rear and gears are lightened and polished. Push a car with those beaings.,will shock you
Its bolt on daily driver.......
Old 11-01-2018, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
i don't keep it in anything. It's however the owner of the dyno set it up. In the end the et/trap is what matters. The dyno can say whatever it wants and it still won't change that. Like phil told someone after 4/20. Would you rather say it trapped 130+ with std numbers or sae numbers? Doesn't really matter results were the same. We have also since found sae from dyno to dyno don't mean **** if you want anymore accurate comparison from std to sae.

That was on pump gas to. So...there was likely about 10 left in it on e85 based off previous experience. Closer to 20 left with these rocket fuels. Ls6 is a nasty little motor.

btw....i bypassed the ps pump to. Just so it would be on par with all these electric ps cars. Gives a more accurate comparison that way. Ls6>5br0
Yes duhg. I know they're just numbers. SAE will always read lower than STD though. Along with different dynos & all. I'm going to get a print of SAE & STD for you. It's also stoopid to compare track numbers to people all over the country. Same day same track is only real compare. Easier said a real race. Not keyboard/youtube race. Like real dyno compare is same dyno same day.

Everyone will still compare though. It gives a rounded idea & it's fun. Nothing wrong with it just keep an open mind

Old 11-01-2018, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

They do have a bunch of stuff on car. They stated on their record 10.71 run the car was 3755lbs. Passenger front & rear seats removed but that's no biggie.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:15 PM
TECH Resident

yea card style

That's my next step is ditching the 85mm maf for a 100mm tub and card style ls3 maf.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:56 PM
10 Second Club

Yes duhg. I know they're just numbers. SAE will always read lower than STD though. Along with different dynos & all. I'm going to get a print of SAE & STD for you. It's also stoopid to compare track numbers to people all over the country. Same day same track is only real compare. Easier said a real race. Not keyboard/youtube race. Like real dyno compare is same dyno same day.

Everyone will still compare though. It gives a rounded idea & it's fun. Nothing wrong with it just keep an open mind
muh mind is always open.

They can all be comparable but this **** about sae or std is just dumb. It's like 10-15 hp difference......and just because you dyno in sae on one don't mean you'll have the same sae numbers on another one. Just gotta take them all with a grain of salt. I've increased power alot since i dyno'd 413sae. Likely more than the sae numbers would show on the last dyno i was on.....likely 440whp sae. If anything the std number would better reflect the actual gains of the changes on this last dyno vs that sae one.

The track does show how well your car accelerates period. Sure not all tracks are the same.....but it takes a really ******* bad one to knock .5 off your time. And there's likely not .5 difference on any track on the east coast from the best day to the worse. So for example if you think you're gonna say come to my track and fo .5 better than at yours that's not gonna happen most likely. Especially since there are tracks faster than mine.

That's my next step is ditching the 85mm maf for a 100mm tub and card style ls3 maf.
my duggy box is about 115mm at its smallest point.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

They do have a bunch of stuff on car. They stated on their record 10.71 run the car was 3755lbs. Passenger front & rear seats removed but that's no biggie.
they have been all over the place with mods and details. Steph93 on m6g found out the RW was 3550 from another guy involved and that was before the brakes all around I believe

car runs strong...too bad we cant get a clear picture. Typical BS. The original thread on m6g was almost comical with how many times they got called out

they tryin to sell parts and advertise. Must downplay the car
Old 11-01-2018, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

they have been all over the place with mods and details. Steph93 on m6g found out the RW was 3550 from another guy involved and that was before the brakes all around I believe

car runs strong...too bad we cant get a clear picture. Typical BS. The original thread on m6g was almost comical with how many times they got called out

Passenger and rear seats removed no biggie lol
Old 11-01-2018, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Maybe we can sucker the bro into racing my MR2. It does sound crazy at idle though and smells of race gas.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

muh mind is always open.

They can all be comparable but this **** about sae or std is just dumb. It's like 10-15 hp difference......

The track does show how well your car accelerates period. Sure not all tracks are the same.....but it takes a really ******* bad one to knock .5 off your time. And there's likely not .5 difference on any track on the east coast from the best day to the worse. So for example if you think you're gonna say come to my track and fo .5 better than at yours that's not gonna happen most likely. Especially since there are tracks faster than mine.
I contest this. Lol.

Yes. Well it seems just yesterday everyone was posting sae numbers. If someone posted std it would usually be called. Just that it's prolly 10-15hp inflated. Now it seems std is the new trend & errybody keeps their mouth shut. And if someone notices this & calls it they are bad now. Lol. Like said dyno run I will get both charts. Why not. Just for fun.

Yes. True...... heck yea. That is probably true also. That example is all your thoughts not mine. I would actually guess/think the timing or et systems would be pretty close. But we know their is hero tracks. Then we have the speed/mph readings. With differences in DA, temperature, humidity & all that good stuff. Someone run in -800 DA to +2800 will be different. No reason to blow this up. I gave you one little compliment & asked a simple question.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

True. It is a shop car. Lol.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

I contest this. Lol.

Yes. Well it seems just yesterday everyone was posting sae numbers. If someone posted std it would usually be called. Just that it's prolly 10-15hp inflated. Now it seems std is the new trend & errybody keeps their mouth shut. And if someone notices this & calls it they are bad now. Lol. Like said dyno run I will get both charts. Why not. Just for fun.

Yes. True...... heck yea. That is probably true also. That example is all your thoughts not mine. I would actually guess/think the timing or et systems would be pretty close. But we know their is hero tracks. Then we have the speed/mph readings. With differences in DA, temperature, humidity & all that good stuff. Someone run in -800 DA to +2800 will be different. No reason to blow this up. I gave you one little compliment & asked a simple question.
the thing about hero air is you have to have yout **** in a pile to take advantage of it. If your launch is shitty in 3k da.....it's likely still shitty in -1k da. Maybe even worse cause now the track is cold.

Some tracks are definitely faster than others even in same da. Just how it is. Unless your car is hooked to the track well you may never notice. I have never noticed mir to be faster than my track. But I've only been to both on tnt's mostly with shitty prep and I've never had a good consistent tire on the car. So maybe i just couldn't take advantage of the track. But that's the situations i have ran into....as I'm sure others have.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:08 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Man Snowflake07gt your feels seem a little hurt. Was a GTO racing in the vid? Didn't think so good talk though.
I'm an avid hater of GTO's and that's Mr. Snowflake to you.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe we can sucker the bro into racing my MR2. It does sound crazy at idle though and smells of race gas.
Nobody cares about that turd.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:23 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I'm an avid hater of GTO's and that's Mrs. Snowflake to you.
Fixed it for you.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by automach1
Nobody cares about that turd.
You cared enough to post.......
Old 11-02-2018, 12:21 PM
Banned

You cared enough to post.......
Nobody asked for your .02. You have to get something capable of 11s before giving me your .02.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by automach1
Nobody asked for your .02. You have to get something capable of 11s before giving me your .02.
Awww go grab a Snickers your not yourself when your *** is hurt...
Old 11-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

Awww go grab a Snickers your not yourself when your *** is hurt...
Wrong....