Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Gone but not forgotten, Turbo lq4 Turdgen

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019 | 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

Default Gone but not forgotten, Turbo lq4 Turdgen

2018 has been a very rough year for me. On the surface I started the year prepping the cage for more track time.Got a cage,sub frame,brake upgrades,driveshaft upgrade. I was set that with the chassis stiffened up and on fresh nittos..the diff was next on the too break list. I was wrong...my first pass of the season I forgot to turn on the meth kit and once full boost came on with 94 pump gas..my pistons cracked and bent 2 rods just slightly. No big deal right..it was a bone stock high mile gen 3..why not replace the pistons/rods with gen 4 stuff.So i got cheap stock ebay gen 4 rods/pistons(hypereutectics),and put everything back together. 2 months later just after breaking in the motor..the pistons rings cracked again and did more damage than before to the crank and the cylinders and my shaved 317 heads had spider cracks between valves. I pennied up and bought forged pistons n rods..my previous lower mile lq4 short block,new engine harness and got the car back together running better than ever with a new exhaust setup.

In the background i was very down as my father was battling stage 4 brain tumour. He pushed me to keep going forward with the car knowing how much I do enjoy racing and tinkering..learning more as I grow. He was given 3 months to live..survived the year of suffering to sadly pass just before my birthday and xmas. From my previous video at the dyno till yesterday(his birthday) I have not touched the car having 0 interest without having his support to. Yesterday morning as I gathered myself to visit his resting place, Im going through some of his belongings and stumble on where he had placed spare keys for my car. Maybe he wanted to me enjoy the nice day it was luckily and drive the car. I got it running..swapped on my street tires and paid my respects. Got home and thought he loved watching my videos so why not compile some of the fun runs Ive had so far.

To any of you who have lost someone to cancer or any illness, my condolences. Be safe out there,life is short. Cherish your loved ones, have fun with your rides. Im guilty of it but try to take it to the track more than the street and have a great 2019.

Old 01-17-2019 | 11:57 PM
On The Tree
10 Year Member

Sorry for your loss man
Old 01-18-2019 | 07:06 AM
11 Second Club

Sorry to hear about your Dad, I lost mine to Leukemia, I feel your pain, I miss him every day.

Mike.
Old 01-18-2019 | 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Time will help. Force yourself to do the things you love. It will help. Remember all the times he was an ******* and it will help.
Just kidding!! Lol
Know that he wants you to be happy, so don't feel down.
Good luck bro.
Old 01-18-2019 | 08:50 AM
12 Second Club

Very true..you gotta look at the good and bad times and laugh at things that you fought about which seem so trivial now lol. But keeping down isnt what he..nor any of our loved ones would wants us to do.So gotta move forward with life and be happy.

Thanks for the kind words gents
Old 01-18-2019 | 01:16 PM
Teching In

Reminders like this are always good. We definitely have to cherish the ones we have.
Old 01-18-2019 | 01:58 PM
12 Second Club

My youngest daughter was diagnosed with cancer when she was three, she went through treatment for a year and is 2 years cancer free now. Just had her 6th birthday a few days ago. God Bless. I will finally get to build my car in March had the parts sitting for 3 years. Love every second of this life we were lucky enough to have. I hope this year you find peace.
Old 01-18-2019 | 04:58 PM
Launching!

My sincere condolences. My father passed quite some time ago and I still miss him and think of him often. It never really goes away, you just kind of get used to the feeling.

When there is a tragedy in my life, as everyone inevitably faces, I try to use a lesson learned from that persons life to honor the person who passed. For me, that helps.

Keep working on your car! It's what your father would have wanted. As a parent myself I'm positive he wouldn't want you to be miserable.
Old 01-19-2019 | 09:30 PM
12 Second Club

As much as we all come on here and pump our chests..sometimes we gotta step back and realize that we all have true life events in the background and reminders are needed to put things back into perspective. My eyes were truly opened when i had to face all that cancer entails...id never wish it on anyone nor those it directly affects. Gotta enjoy our individual passions in life but not truly put down someone elses happiness for you dont know what they could be going through.i met so many people I bever thought id connect with had my father not pass of cancer and they encourage me to do better and live. i can see myself wanting to get to a point and say hey dad i did it..be proud.

The car community and forums like this help grieve and grow,im a small youtuber with a pos bird but its my bird that my dad was proud of and thats all that matters to me.
Old 01-21-2019 | 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OP and mint so sorry to hear of losses and worries. i count myself blessed more than i deserve that my baby is healthy. i'll be praying for your baby.