Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Let's start shit . 100% stock 2009 Corvette vs 2018 5.0 with axle back and tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 04:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 413 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Do people really argue his much about slow NA cars? Jesus get a turbo and move on with life!
Na is yay

Originally Posted by snake95
You want so badly to be some automotive benchmark for f-bodies that you repeat your same garbage over and over.

"130 traps! 130 traps! I said it was impossible and then ran a 130 so now I get to go on the internet and say people said it was impossible! Look how sweet muh Z06 engine swap is!"

Just posting what i was told. Why do you have such a issue with it? Even your buddy soslo whines about the math of me getting to 130+.

One thing for sure no one is saying how great your mediocre max effort h/c car is after getting dog walked by a 114 car on a roll. And those are facts.

You like facts right.

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Yep but my tune wasn't very good. Allot of stuff was reverted back to stock such as my Driver Demand and cam timing. Also was only seeing 18.5-19 degrees of timing instead of 20-21 now. Needless to say I won't be using that shop again and the only reason I did was because they were recommended as being good, and to get the car on the Dyno to make sure the fueling was spot on. Hard to remote tune these cars with boost and keep a eye on rail pressure.

That being said I fixed 90% of the tune and Brett tweaked in some stuff I didn't get. So I bet it's making a solid 650 on 8psi. With Headers, 10psi, and mixing the E down to 60% to free up some fuel headroom, I think 690-700whp could be done depending on dyno. With Meth injection it would be easy as pie to get into the 700's with a untouched SBE.

You could make damn near the same power NA with a hi-ram, killer heads, cam, and big stall, but I didn't want to sacrifice the driveability. The Whipple setup drives like stock and only spinning 8psi you can't even hear the charger. It's a total sleeper....that is what is fun.

I had a chick in a new 5.0 try to race me from a dig the other day. I let her take off, and I didn't put it down till 3rd gear, went from 2 cars behind to 6-8 cars ahead by 110. I'm sure she had no idea, thought she was gonna jump out on a stock 6th gen and try to hurt some feelings. Well that back fired on her miserably. Lol

Anyway, I am not trying to make excuses. The car runs good. I will hopefully get some vids this season. The coyote definitely is easier to go fast for less coin with boost.
So much more effort get put towards the 5br0s because na builds just don't get it done on those things. So most fi stuff revolves around the flow needs of the furd stuff vs the gm stuff.

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
To show what you actually know. You were the one calling others out on stuff, to Jay, I saw. Just gave one back to you. Ok done with that stuff.

Duhg. You are the guy who asked for all this. For years you have made negative posts to people about their car/combo/times/hp. You are probably going to say that was all troof & you don't lie. How can you say something negative to someone about their "car stuff" and not even know what that person has all together or even wants? About your 1.2 time.. you're typing whatever, or the other 159 time slips you have, is not proof. If you can do it once you can do it again. Back up slips please. We know your response of "it may never do it again".

One question. Do you really believe flake has a 9 second car? He's seen it right??

And I don't chase you around & harass you. You post in here & so do I. I was happy to see you back in kik. Thought we might bark in there again. If someone asked me who acted the most childish on here.. We know flake takes #1. To me you are a close #2. No offense.
I didn't ask for nothing. I simply stated facts. When your 383 car struggles to leave the 12s it runs like poo. When a cam only ls1 is stuck in the 13s or 12s and gets drug by 112 trap cars it runs like poo. When your h/c ls 4gen gets drug by a tune cat back coyotah you did something wrong.....something very wrong. Now I'm not saying you can't do stuff wrong. I'm saying you're a idiot for doin it wrong. If that hurts you so be it. It's your money wasted. So no.....speaking the truth is not "asking" for anything.

Ive typed 100% troof about my 60's. All of them. If you don't like it you can move on. Because you or anyone else sure as hell haven't proved it didn't or couldn't happen. It's only been opinions.

You do chase me around. You've been warned about your crap outside of srk. I ain't interested in being in yalls kik group. If i was i would be in there. See how simple that is.

You guys definitely have the childish factor covered. Just the fact that you want to yak about the same dumb crap on kik proves that.

Now if you want to improve your car I'll gladly chat with ya about my experiences and help where i can. But don't bother me over and over about the same dumb crap. Because I'm interested in moving forward not sideways or backwards.

Originally Posted by Its Stock
Then why do you?
Why do i what?

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
im leaning your route but the heat soak has me worried about a pd. But I like the lower everywhere. You haven’t been having any issues with heat soak so far right ?
At this point i would never put a pd blower on a lt or ls.....unless it was in a truck.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

C6 ls3 has been faster Stock then coyotRd
Old 05-01-2019, 04:27 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
A na coyote like you or anyone would do would make 100whp less. Even if you go off the record na full built coyotes to a record na sbe ls7 you're looking at 100whp and gobs of tq. A coyote ain't yank a ls if the ls is right.
Touche - I wasn't clear - my N/A days are done - every race you get is a race closer to getting humbled by an F/I car - end of story

I'll run Hellion street sleeper on mine shortly -
Old 05-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So much more effort get put towards the 5br0s because na builds just don't get it done on those things. So most fi stuff revolves around the flow needs of the furd stuff vs the gm stuff.
Lmao. Yeah you’re 100% correct about this. Garret, Precision, On3, Borgwarner, Pro-Charger, Vortech, Whipple, and the literal hundreds of other manufacturers only size their compressors for Ford builds...
Old 05-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Na is yayJust posting what i was told. Why do you have such a issue with it? Even your buddy soslo whines about the math of me getting to 130+.

One thing for sure no one is saying how great your mediocre max effort h/c car is after getting dog walked by a 114 car on a roll. And those are facts.

You like facts right.So much more effort get put towards the 5br0s because na builds just don't get it done on those things. So most fi stuff revolves around the flow needs of the furd stuff vs the gm stuff.I didn't ask for nothing. I simply stated facts. When your 383 car struggles to leave the 12s it runs like poo. When a cam only ls1 is stuck in the 13s or 12s and gets drug by 112 trap cars it runs like poo. When your h/c ls 4gen gets drug by a tune cat back coyotah you did something wrong.....something very wrong. Now I'm not saying you can't do stuff wrong. I'm saying you're a idiot for doin it wrong. If that hurts you so be it. It's your money wasted. So no.....speaking the truth is not "asking" for anything.

Ive typed 100% troof about my 60's. All of them. If you don't like it you can move on. Because you or anyone else sure as hell haven't proved it didn't or couldn't happen. It's only been opinions.

You do chase me around. You've been warned about your crap outside of srk. I ain't interested in being in yalls kik group. If i was i would be in there. See how simple that is.

You guys definitely have the childish factor covered. Just the fact that you want to yak about the same dumb crap on kik proves that.

Now if you want to improve your car I'll gladly chat with ya about my experiences and help where i can. But don't bother me over and over about the same dumb crap. Because I'm interested in moving forward not sideways or backwards.Why do i what?At this point i would never put a pd blower on a lt or ls.....unless it was in a truck.
Facts are I lost a ROLL race to a car that makes more power and has trapped higher It drives you nuts so you hang onto 114. Why don't you go fishing thru his posts yourself to find it. I know the truth so don't have to hold your petite hand to show you where he cleared it up.

Your Camaro was an 11.2-4 car, sorry if that fact hurts as well. Your mustang is an embarrassment to the hobby. More facts
Old 05-01-2019, 05:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 346 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
every race you get is a race closer to getting humbled by an F/I car - end of story
Albiet this is true 90% of the time, it does work the other way around sometimes.

On a side note I have a lot of ricers by me and they always want to pace me and let the blow off valve loose which in turn I open my cutout and rip there head off. (I know your post was about boosted Ls)
Old 05-01-2019, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

800rwhp na can beat fi cars
Old 05-01-2019, 05:46 PM
Banned

Probably not.....because again most people do **** like ****.

I splained how to do better.

Most those roush cars seem to struggle to get past mid 11s.

If you really want to test pump gas theories vs ls or lt stuff coyite will lose worse. It comes down to cylinder pressure. The coyotah has to run a a fuel first to make even the same power if both systems being compared are efficient.

Who knows.....another reason to hate fb. Alot of stuff like that was on forums. Now there's just random **** everywhere.

Well since the lt can make 500whp with bolt ons i would say that's one terrible inefficient set up.

This is where the auxiliary port injection comes in. The fuel would also help cool the charge in the port which would help keep the rings from butting to.

Than a hurt ls3 vette sure. Both in perfect running condition not so much.

See jay....more stupid repetition.

You 60 in the 1.8s with 500whp. Wtf do you know.......think about it.
So now the vette is hurt? Last I checked you still didn't answer Jays question. If you use hero times for both you won't like the results.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

I did answer it. Not my fault you're to dumb to figure that out.

Yea the clutch was ****. Doin all the funky stuff gm clutches typically do. Not that you know anything at all about clutches.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Touche - I wasn't clear - my N/A days are done - every race you get is a race closer to getting humbled by an F/I car - end of story

I'll run Hellion street sleeper on mine shortly -
I like na. It takes a bit more finesse imo. All this newer stuff can go plenty fast to be fun.....and I'm not gonna spend enough $ to try and beat erryone.

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge
Lmao. Yeah you’re 100% correct about this. Garret, Precision, On3, Borgwarner, Pro-Charger, Vortech, Whipple, and the literal hundreds of other manufacturers only size their compressors for Ford builds...
I don't think i said that. It's just been recently that these power adders has caught up tho. There was no purpose putting alot of these blowers on ls stuff 10years ago. And still there's alot of guys trying stuff that just isn't right.

Facts are I lost a ROLL race to a car that makes more power and has trapped higher It drives you nuts so you hang onto 114. Why don't you go fishing thru his posts yourself to find it. I know the truth so don't have to hold your petite hand to show you where he cleared it up.

Your Camaro was an 11.2-4 car, sorry if that fact hurts as well. Your mustang is an embarrassment to the hobby. More facts
Here ya go

Doe it look like a 11.4 ride? Can you read the board? I can tell you no 114 trap car will walk either of my cars. It sure did yours tho. At that's some of those facts you try to avoid.

Hows that for a

Shame it didn't get run in it's final form

Originally Posted by "MAC"
800rwhp na can beat fi cars
It don't take that much. There6a whole pile of boosted cars that wouldn't run with phils or my bolt on cars.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:04 PM
8 Second Club

Received 944 Likes on 700 Posts

It don't take that much. There6a whole pile of boosted cars that wouldn't run with phils or my bolt on cars.
Aint that the truth, theres a lot of FI cars that run like ****. Basic cammed/bolton C6Z’s are usually mid 130’s but also a few running around that trap north of 140 with more mods. Certainly a lot of FI cars that dont go much if any faster then that which is a damn shame.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by NoEngineNawledge
You can’t really believe this?

Take the og blower KB 2.2 for 4.6 03 Cobra made the first 600whp on pump gas and you’ve now got -

You guys can’t be tying to convince this educated audience that there is not a rotor size and design for a GM LT/LS?

Maybe I misunderstood you and Hio about blowers being built for Fords

Hell Whipple even makes Marine and Avaiation applications.

See, when I read this type of post it almost (sounds) like GM’s excuse for less than stellar numbers? No?
Old 05-01-2019, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

He's being sarcastic lol
Old 05-01-2019, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Aint that the truth, theres a lot of FI cars that run like ****. Basic cammed/bolton C6Z’s are usually mid 130’s but also a few running around that trap north of 140 with more mods. Certainly a lot of FI cars that dont go much if any faster then that which is a damn shame.
RPM had first 9.82 @ 143 mph C6Z - n/a on 93

It made 630whp and that was my goal and I reached it.

It was maxed, I remember thinking on the way home after tuning how could I make more and I got very used to 636rwhp even in a 3050 C6Z - but - that’s the only car (6spd and 3:42) that can run that number but where do you go after that?

Boost
Old 05-01-2019, 07:18 PM

Talking

He's being sarcastic lol
OK, I over reacted and missed it

I’m not perfect

Honestly I log on ready for a fight and ban
Old 05-01-2019, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts

OK, I over reacted and missed it

I’m not perfect

Honestly I log on ready for a fight and ban
You should almost always assume his responses to HIO are sarcastic in nature lol
Old 05-01-2019, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

RPM had first 9.82 @ 143 mph C6Z - n/a on 93

It made 630whp and that was my goal and I reached it.

It was maxed, I remember thinking on the way home after tuning how could I make more and I got very used to 636rwhp even in a 3050 C6Z - but - that’s the only car (6spd and 3:42) that can run that number but where do you go after that?

Boost
Im shocked that heads cam high ram lt1 cars are seeing that number through stalled autos sbe. Brandon hills car made 620 rwhp in 5th gear. was 750 hp on an engine dyno. hydraulic lifter with a 7200 rpm peak.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Most people run too small of a blower on LS
Old 05-01-2019, 08:56 PM
Banned

I did answer it. Not my fault you're to dumb to figure that out.

Yea the clutch was ****. Doin all the funky stuff gm clutches typically do. Not that you know anything at all about clutches.
So because I don't have a manual car means I somehow don't know about clutches? Wow great logic elf Lord. Tell us more excuses as to why mustang gt is quicker than vettes at your track😂
Old 05-01-2019, 08:58 PM
Banned

I like na. It takes a bit more finesse imo. All this newer stuff can go plenty fast to be fun.....and I'm not gonna spend enough $ to try and beat erryone.

I don't think i said that. It's just been recently that these power adders has caught up tho. There was no purpose putting alot of these blowers on ls stuff 10years ago. And still there's alot of guys trying stuff that just isn't right.

Here ya go

https://youtu.be/_VzZ88XRLYE

Doe it look like a 11.4 ride? Can you read the board? I can tell you no 114 trap car will walk either of my cars. It sure did yours tho. At that's some of those facts you try to avoid.

Hows that for a

Shame it didn't get run in it's final form

I agree with phils car but yours gotta run first until then a golf gti is quicker than you

Last edited by "MAC"; 05-02-2019 at 07:11 AM.