Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 09:07 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
....You know nothing about racing. You are much better versed on your intense and constant menstruation....
I seem to do ok for not knowing anything and you sure are torn up about the WhiteWhale © . Speaking of woman probs.... LOLOL
Old 06-05-2019, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
Time to see what this lightened version of a boat will do next weekend even found a lightweight driver 😂 on a serious note Kirkey fit great

Would probably drop 10lbs if you swept it out...js
Old 06-05-2019, 09:21 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Hahaha....owned!
Old 06-05-2019, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

GSD driver FTW!
Old 06-05-2019, 04:22 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

This is the BS thread - everyone is aware of this I hope - post your BS in here

Stop posting useless threads elsewhere - few do this but it needs to stop - no reason for it -

Thank you -

Management
Old 06-05-2019, 05:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

150+ trap has the degenerate crew up in arms.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

a quick moment about Normandy fellas.

i love history. especially world war one and world war two. My love of history and war is handed down from my combat hero Dad. it's not a love of war as in violence, but in the human cost and valor a man or woman can exhibit in protection of their country and/or values.

i was born in gemany to american parents in wurzburg. My first memory of my father's sacrifice for our family was in 1967 when dad was in Saudi Arabia supporting the Arabs at the time of Yom Kippur.

Dad went to Vietnam immediately after Saudi (68-69). He went on his first combat patrol within his first week in Nam. they were ambushed and Dad related it was a blood bath for his patrol. he told me that in the jungle you run until your legs quit to get outside of the ambush and regroup.

he related tactics he use to ambush the viet cong. putting claymores in trees in a bend of a trail and letting the viet cong get fully surrounded before detonating the claymores and spraying m60 fire and m16 fire then escaping.

My father was a ordinance warrant officer in Nam. he trained his troops to shoot a M79 greande launcher into a 55 gallon drum at 50 yards. he was an expert at napalm, and set up 55 gallon drums around his perimeter in case of an assault. there was a major attack on the base Dad was stationed at and, in fact all of the officers were either killed or injured and he was the last man standing.

the attack was call TET.

he doesnt say much about it. i asked if he ever killed a man, and all he said was,"i never missed". Dad could cut wire at 25 yards with a m16. he had a blue printed model 70 he blueprinted himself. Dad is an exceptional armorer.

As a ordinance officer, he built a few road patrol deuce and a halfs with M134 mini guns mounted in the roof and covered to hide them and suprise viet cong ambushers. they would just join a convoy.

Dad said they would cut down the tree line. trees, grass, people, vehicles.

my Dad has a bunch of medals he keeps in a cigar box and NEVER talks about. in all of my life he has said almost nothing about his year in Viet Nam. he has several Bronze stars for Valor in combat. not the highest medal but he is not a man to hide.

i mention this because i owe this life i get to live to men like my Dad, and ALL of the combat veterans that bought our freedom. those men and women are better than all of us. we can never repay the life they all gave us.

i am so thankful.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice post, 🇺🇸
Old 06-05-2019, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spikestang
Nice post, 🇺🇸

we all have this life because of our heros. valor in the face of enemy fire.

men of valor when our enemies are trying to kill them.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Teching In

302 whp Fbo stock turbo Subaru sti vs stock 99 corvette. We're doing digs and rolls. What does everyone think? I will have the video up Saturday.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Subaru is a 2018.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 350 Likes on 242 Posts

302 whp Fbo stock turbo Subaru sti vs stock 99 corvette. We're doing digs and rolls. What does everyone think? I will have the video up Saturday.
I will take the vette big
Old 06-05-2019, 11:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
150+ trap has the degenerate crew up in arms.
How come you're not saying anything about trap not matching et? That used to really bother you.....what happened?

Oh we know.....hypocrite

Originally Posted by assasinator
a quick moment about Normandy fellas.

i love history. especially world war one and world war two. My love of history and war is handed down from my combat hero Dad. it's not a love of war as in violence, but in the human cost and valor a man or woman can exhibit in protection of their country and/or values.

i was born in gemany to american parents in wurzburg. My first memory of my father's sacrifice for our family was in 1967 when dad was in Saudi Arabia supporting the Arabs at the time of Yom Kippur.

Dad went to Vietnam immediately after Saudi (68-69). He went on his first combat patrol within his first week in Nam. they were ambushed and Dad related it was a blood bath for his patrol. he told me that in the jungle you run until your legs quit to get outside of the ambush and regroup.

he related tactics he use to ambush the viet cong. putting claymores in trees in a bend of a trail and letting the viet cong get fully surrounded before detonating the claymores and spraying m60 fire and m16 fire then escaping.

My father was a ordinance warrant officer in Nam. he trained his troops to shoot a M79 greande launcher into a 55 gallon drum at 50 yards. he was an expert at napalm, and set up 55 gallon drums around his perimeter in case of an assault. there was a major attack on the base Dad was stationed at and, in fact all of the officers were either killed or injured and he was the last man standing.

the attack was call TET.

he doesnt say much about it. i asked if he ever killed a man, and all he said was,"i never missed". Dad could cut wire at 25 yards with a m16. he had a blue printed model 70 he blueprinted himself. Dad is an exceptional armorer.

As a ordinance officer, he built a few road patrol deuce and a halfs with M134 mini guns mounted in the roof and covered to hide them and suprise viet cong ambushers. they would just join a convoy.

Dad said they would cut down the tree line. trees, grass, people, vehicles.

my Dad has a bunch of medals he keeps in a cigar box and NEVER talks about. in all of my life he has said almost nothing about his year in Viet Nam. he has several Bronze stars for Valor in combat. not the highest medal but he is not a man to hide.

i mention this because i owe this life i get to live to men like my Dad, and ALL of the combat veterans that bought our freedom. those men and women are better than all of us. we can never repay the life they all gave us.

i am so thankful.
Wife and i always check out history stuff. Civil war was big in our area. My grandad was a marine on a ship somewhere in ww2.

Open up that intake tract a little bit and give him the what for.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Great post assassinator, lest we forget!
Old 06-06-2019, 07:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Great post assassinator, lest we forget!

thanks man. our fathers' valor in combat honor our nation.

my dad never could own a gun after vietnam and all of the combat. he was always afraid he would shoot some 'dumb ****' in traffic lol.

it is sad that killing in combat changed them so much.

we were once traveling down a road at a gunner range for m1 abrams tanks in Ft Riley Kanas, when one fired as we passed....he nearly drove off the road. that was 1983. all those years later, and even today a loud bang causes Dad to jump.

ive driven a m112, and a m551 sheridan tank. played with a grease gun .45 acp machine pistol.

as a young kid we went to dad's day at work in the military schools. he had me put my fingers on the contacts of a field phone, then he turned the hand crank. only once. Dad's are funny.

there are a few anti aircraft guns at the Ft.Campbell outdoor museum that my dad made inoperable while he was in Vietnam. a 23mm twin and a 57mm gun.

My Dad was the one who had a laser shop in Nellingen Kaserne Germany in 1975 and got the first laser range finder to operate in combat conditions on a M60 tank.

My dad was in the 101st Airborne Division in Vietnam.

i was also in the 101st Airborne when i was in the army.

Today is D-Day. so sad that our boys sacrificed everything for us to live.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Lmao true story I didn’t expect to walk back out to the car with the dog in it 😂 I vacuumed it out weight saved with seat was 43lbs 😁
Old 06-06-2019, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Lol!!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great post Assasinator and I like the stories about your dad. Very cool.
My dad also served in the Army from 50-54 during the Korean War. Never said much much about his experience there either but he was one tough old-school guy. Very strict as a father and would crack you in the blink of an eye when you did wrong. LOL

I also enjoy stopping at all the Civil War sites. I make it a point to hit at least one each time I'm driving down 95S in Virginia or NC. Ton of history there.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

75 years ago. Does not seem that long and it is. There were Civil War vets alive 75 years after 1865. That would be 1940. The WW2 gen would have known some of them. Fascinating. Combat is a life changing experience for most.

Well back to the topic. Seems FI has ruined HCI builds. FI dominates all street racing.

Last edited by Felix C; 06-08-2019 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:15 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Still doing research on F/I for my current car and ran across Evolutions 5.0 with a Kong Ported Edelbrock blower

Most impressive

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...composer=false

Quick Reply: Epic SRK B/S thread of 2019