Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT4 owning a Z06...Check it out

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 12:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkformula95
why cant people realize that they are slow??? that lil srt4 punk gets destroyed by a porsche, then has the nerve to say that he outright roasts a car that the porsche wouldve only pulled by a car and a half... B.S.

P.S. since when is a front wheel drive 4cyl a good choice for highway racing??? oh yeah, never. SRT4's
Hey, come on....don't you know...front wheel drive is the mark a REAL performance car... Yeah, right...
Old 07-16-2004, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red1999z28
I watched the video (I'm not a member over there) and unless the Z06 missed a shift and just let off of it, then he wasn't racing him. But yeah I agree with Apathy.
Get a membership, its like a ticket to the comedy club.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Staging Lane

Old 07-16-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

OMG
Old 07-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Banned

Old 07-16-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

P.S. since when is a front wheel drive 4cyl a good choice for highway racing??? oh yeah, never. SRT4's
Yes, RWD is a much better choice for highway racing. The driveline loss helps a lot.
Old 07-16-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rickJames

Old 07-16-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rickJames

WHERE IS UNIT??? LMFAO I HAVE to see what his input is on this!!!
Old 07-16-2004, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2 FASST SS
WHERE IS UNIT??? LMFAO I HAVE to see what his input is on this!!!
Thats Unit there in the middle...
Old 07-16-2004, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

that lil srt4 punk gets destroyed by a porsche, then has the nerve to say that he outright roasts a car that the porsche wouldve only pulled by a car and a half... B.S.
I have raced 3 different 993 Porsche Turbos. They were fast for their day. But I absolutely walked/destroyed 2 of them which I have to assume were near stock. The third one I beat by a car and could tell by the noise he was making he at least had a different exhaust. He also made the requisite funny face of "how did you just beat me" typical of any car brand driver that is ignorant of his enemy.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MillaTK
Thats Unit there in the middle...

LMAO
Old 07-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Launching!

Holy $#!% that pic is great. I think that will compete with some of the best I have seen from myfault. <-----What you got?
Old 07-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slow4dr
Holy $#!% that pic is great. I think that will compete with some of the best I have seen from myfault. <-----What you got?
I second that, cudos to the photo artiste (said with a French accent).

Also cudos to you slow4dr for being a rational and reasonable 4-banger racers. Although you car was cheated out of the full 8 that mother nature intended, 13.09 in any car aint hay, let alone one that is displacement challenged. I want to see one of these little Mopar missles sometime.

Chuck
2003 Ram 3/4 ton Hemi, my mud monter in the making
1998 White on white SS Convertible - some mods, < 12 in the 1/4; God's (that would be my wife) chosen pimp-mobile; you'll know it when you see it because the BACK plate reads "CUL8ER"
Old 07-16-2004, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DropTop98
I second that, cudos to the photo artiste (said with a French accent).
Also cudos to you slow4dr for being a rational and reasonable 4-banger racers. Although you car was cheated out of the full 8 that mother nature intended, 13.09 in any car aint hay, let alone one that is displacement challenged. I want to see one of these little Mopar missles sometime.
"
Thanks droptop! New times will be coming soon.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Banned

damn its funny that u guys talk crap about us saying that we make stupid posts n what not. but this whole thread is just talkin crap about our cars. ls1's arent god s gift to the earth. yeah u guys are faster stock vs stock (srt 4) but damn theyre arent as slow as u think. take mine for example i have a low 13 second srt on stock tires, drags or slicks n ill break 12's. only 1000 in mods and by the way my car was already cheaper than a z28 with no options gettin way better gas mileage and still way cheaper on the insurance. dont get me wrong i joined this site cuz i love ls1's . camaro ss's are the ****! im fully aware of ls1's potential being that i have friends with ls1's n other f bodies but **** i get respect out of all of them from a 4 cylinder. its still american i know over in the srtforums there are a bunch of kids who's parents bought them an srt n think they can beat everyone but our cars arent as bad as u guys think they are. so please stop talkin crap about our cars people thought supras were gay till they got owned by one top end makin like a 100 hp less than them. n by the way there are 1000hp srts with stock block body n if havent already were gonna break the 200 mph barrier and beat the saturn salt flats car. remember i own an srt n in the very near future will own an f body myself lt1 or ls1 not sure yet, but i sure would love to have a blown ls1. smokin 03 cobras left n right!
Old 07-17-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by icemanthrilla
damn its funny that u guys talk crap about us saying that we make stupid posts n what not. but this whole thread is just talkin crap about our cars. ls1's arent god s gift to the earth. yeah u guys are faster stock vs stock (srt 4) but damn theyre arent as slow as u think. take mine for example i have a low 13 second srt on stock tires, drags or slicks n ill break 12's. only 1000 in mods and by the way my car was already cheaper than a z28 with no options gettin way better gas mileage and still way cheaper on the insurance. dont get me wrong i joined this site cuz i love ls1's . camaro ss's are the ****! im fully aware of ls1's potential being that i have friends with ls1's n other f bodies but **** i get respect out of all of them from a 4 cylinder. its still american i know over in the srtforums there are a bunch of kids who's parents bought them an srt n think they can beat everyone but our cars arent as bad as u guys think they are. so please stop talkin crap about our cars people thought supras were gay till they got owned by one top end makin like a 100 hp less than them. n by the way there are 1000hp srts with stock block body n if havent already were gonna break the 200 mph barrier and beat the saturn salt flats car. remember i own an srt n in the very near future will own an f body myself lt1 or ls1 not sure yet, but i sure would love to have a blown ls1. smokin 03 cobras left n right!

I think i speak for alot of people when i say "Please don't get us wrong". There are aot of people here who are amazed by the performance of the SRT. If you go a couple of pages back in the forums you will see that. But when we get slaughtered on by some SRT owners, when we know pound for pound OUR CARS ARE FASTER, then you have the hate crime going on. Now honestly, do you think if we added turbo's to our cars you guys would own us? You SRT's have 4 wheel drive, what would happen if we had it? Do the math, a monkey cannot beat a gorilla in arm to arm combat. SRT Camaro SS
Old 07-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

You SRT's have 4 wheel drive, what would happen if we had it? Do the math, a monkey cannot beat a gorilla in arm to arm combat. SRT Camaro SS
Sorry bro, but SRTs have Front Wheel Drive. Which makes their times even more impressive. I have about 2k in my SRT.

Idiots come in all makes/models. Some more than others. I ran into some young kid in a stock M6 LS1 (probably 17-18) a couple weeks back in my SRT. I remembered him, because a couple weeks back he was picking on a friend of mine in a little Honda Prelude. He was reving on by friend and pointing forward, My friend even told him, "Dude, I don't want to run you, YOU WILL BEAT MY AZZ!" .This guy tehn began talking smack with his friend in the passenger seat about how he beats 4 bangers all day long. I was thinking, "that's alot of smack talking from someone who owns a stock LS1.

Low and behold one night I run into him and what is HE reving on and picking on????.............. Nissan Spec-V . Anyways long story short, we ran 3 times, and I beat him once from a roll (put a car on him from 20-100) and once from a stop light (put 1 car on him up to 80). On the last run he beat me by a 1/2 car from 15-80. The best part is he was with his girlfriend.

With F-bodies becoming extinct, I was worried this might happen. Just like SRTs, the F-bodies will become very affordable, and young kids will start buying them and thinking they are the "kings of the road".

Peace

Last edited by 1sweet00SS; 07-17-2004 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Regular

My bad, need to study...
Old 07-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

My bad, need to study...
Hahaha.... no biggie. Because of all the recent on slaught of turbo 4 bangers, some people throw the SRT in the same arena as the STIs and EVOs. Can you imagine if they came with AWD?? For 20k that would be an INCREDIBLE steal!!

BTW, nice stock times at Palmdale..... that is a tough track...
Old 07-17-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, Just like slow4dr. he came in speaking like a RACER. Those kind of people will feel at home here. He's a SRT owner and when we read his comments, we don't care what car he has. From your words it sounds like we will see you the same way. It's all about having fun to me. Hell, if my dog looks fast enough i'll race him.... LOL I just like cars and speed.