Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just ran a red T/A and an SRT4

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just ran a red T/A and an SRT4

Hey guys I was on my way home tonight and ran into a couple of pretty quick cars. First one was a red T/A; he pulled up next to me at a light on Fairmont, and complemented me on my car, and wanted to know what cam I had. Small talk...blah blah blah...We cruise on down to the next light just kinda hangin loose. The 3 lane road starts to merge into a two lane and I look into my mirror and I see a car approaching really quickly. I wait for it to get close enough to tell that it is a silver SRT4, then I punch it. I think he was going to try and cut me off since his lane was ending so I decided to be an ******* and not let him. So he falls in behind me along with the T/A. About two miles down the road the T/A and I finally get some room so we hit it from about a 60 roll...I let him get about a half car jump, then I hit it. I started to pull pretty quick on him, We took it up to about 100 and he was just a little past my rear bumper. Speeds were getting a little fast and I already had the win so we backed off, I was out in front and he fell behind me again...The neon pulls up beside him, and I guess they exchange words, ( I think they new each other). The red T/A then got in the rt lane and took off past me...I don't beleive he was trying to race again so I did not get on it. In fact he was making room for me to run the neon. So here comes the little neon up to my right he pulls even and we slow to about a 60 roll. I give him the move and let him roll out...When his rear bumper was even with my front bumper I decided to hit it. Suprisisingly the little booger held on for longer than I thought he would, but by 120 he was at my rear bumper and I was starting to pull pretty hard, it was obvious what the outcome would have been had we stayed in it, so I let out. All three of us pull up at the next light and exchange props. I complimented him on his car and gave him the thumbs up. He asked what I run and I told him 10.9 on motor and he about **** a brick the look on his face was priceless. I guess he probably thinks that he has an 11 sec car now. That's ok I didn't want to hurt his pride. I do think that it was probably a mid to low 12 sec car though. Very quick, and at least it's american...I did see that he had a boost controller on the dash, and his buddies in the red T/A told me that he was spraying me. Not sure how big of a shot though. The guys in the red T/A were real cool also...All in all two good runs with a couple of cool guys. Two kills now I can go to sleep.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:36 PM
Banned

what up dude! awesome run!
i didnt know the people in the red T/A but i ran them about 20 minutes before i met up with yall 2 and i beat them pretty good on the spray. i was talking to them, and they said you had a cam. i was like... uh oh
but we need to meet up again, i need a rematch
i was on a 50 shot. this weekend im putting on the throttle body, 02 housing, and 100 shot. i bet i can put up a better fight
im going to try to make it to baytown sunday, hoping for high 11's @ about 120-122 on my 18's with the regular street tires.
we shall see

*you need to come hang out and make some videos with us..... we do that rather often.

**if i wouldnt have had my g/f in the car with me... i couldve taken you
she was like... "wow his car is fast, what is making it sound like that"
i said.... A LOT OF POWER.

Last edited by mmyfault; 07-13-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like fun... I was pretty impressed you put up a pretty good fight. I wish I wasn't on my street tires, we could have went from a slower roll. Yeah we should hook up sometime...I'm guessing you beat the guys in the red T/A???? They were pretty quick. I would say that you car would run about a 12.3-12.5 right now. If you do the things that you said you might break the 11's...Those little cars have good topend but are **** boxes out of the hole...(thanks to front wheel drive). I bet it is fun to drive though. I would actually consider buying one if they would make a 2 door version. It would be a cool little daily driver. Have you ran any mustangs yet? I bet you can do pretty good against those. If you want to race one let me know, I have a good buddy, who has one that is relatively quick. It would be a great race. Let me know when you want to get together...You know how to get a hold of me now, so just send me a PM. Also you will probably take a lot of **** from the guys on the forum here. They have been having it out with a bunch of SRT guys the last couple of days. Guys I can vouche for this one,,,,he is pretty quick and seemed to be pretty cool so ya'll go easy on him

Matt
Old 07-13-2004, 11:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
Sounds like fun... I was pretty impressed you put up a pretty good fight. I wish I wasn't on my street tires, we could have went from a slower roll. Yeah we should hook up sometime...I'm guessing you beat the guys in the red T/A???? They were pretty quick. I would say that you car would run about a 12.3-12.5 right now. If you do the things that you said you might break the 11's...Those little cars have good topend but are **** boxes out of the hole...(thanks to front wheel drive). I bet it is fun to drive though. I would actually consider buying one if they would make a 2 door version. It would be a cool little daily driver. Have you ran any mustangs yet? I bet you can do pretty good against those. If you want to race one let me know, I have a good buddy, who has one that is relatively quick. It would be a great race. Let me know when you want to get together...You know how to get a hold of me now, so just send me a PM. Also you will probably take a lot of **** from the guys on the forum here. They have been having it out with a bunch of SRT guys the last couple of days. Guys I can vouche for this one,,,,he is pretty quick and seemed to be pretty cool so ya'll go easy on him

Matt
yeah i pulled pretty hard on the red ls1. yeah these things suck to launch. you are actually the first car ive lost like that to since the spray. c5's, 03 cobra's.. ive beat them all (including my own). we go out every weekend and make several racing videos, (i have a white 03 cobra that my friend takes out and i drive the srt4) ... and him and me are usually the fastest guys out of the group (srt4 is faster)
but ill shoot you a pm later in the week and let you know the plans this saturday. i live right here at fairmont and red bluff
btw: your car is sick. ill bet ill be able to hang with you from a roll (hopefully), but it would be pointless to run from a dig
and since racing from a roll is gay, i guess im screwed
ide hate to see what you would do to a stock 03 cobra

Last edited by mmyfault; 07-14-2004 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WS6snake-eater
Have you ran any mustangs yet? I bet you can do pretty good against those.
mustangs
killed a modded mach, and 03 cobra vert w/exhaust a couple nights ago....beat my own cobra
but thats all as of late.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

man, Myfault is turning a new leaf.. whats going on man!
Old 07-14-2004, 12:34 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
man, Myfault is turning a new leaf.. whats going on man!
It must be the spray.

Good runs to the people in the story.
Congrats., sounded like fun.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Banned

bronco alex and i were thinking about running by your shop this weekend... when will you be there?
Old 07-14-2004, 12:44 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mmyfault
bronco alex and i were thinking about running by your shop this weekend... when will you be there?
Who are you talking to Myfault?
Old 07-14-2004, 12:49 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Nice kill WS6snake-eater!!! What mods do you have besides a cam?

mmyfault- Nice death man! Big man of you to step up and admit defeat, very cool. You going to post this on www.srtforums.com ?
Throw a HUGE shot on it and you can try my 427!

Peace,
Craig.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:55 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CRAGER
mmyfault- Nice death man! Big man of you to step up and admit defeat, very cool. You going to post this on www.srtforums.com ?

Should we post it up for him?
Tempting, but he's actually been real cool about it.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:36 AM
STF Veteran

Good kills WS6. Hey South, I'm in a good mood this morning, and he is being cool, so maybe I'll behave for a little while.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TA TED
Good kills WS6. Hey South, I'm in a good mood this morning, and he is being cool, so maybe I'll behave for a little while.
if you really want some fun... come over to srtforums... we dont ban/remove posts/lock over there. see how long you can last........

*i was svtkid on here before i got banned
Old 07-14-2004, 08:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Nice kill WS6snake-eater!!! What mods do you have besides a cam?

Throw a HUGE shot on it and you can try my 427!

Peace,
Craig.
once i get done this weekend i could *possibly* sort of hang from a roll....
you need to run alex in his n/a bolt-on s2000
*i bet he could beat you

**ill post the story when i get to work... but dont link this thread over there. they will be over here taking a crap on this section in no time
Old 07-14-2004, 08:20 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

once i get done this weekend i could *possibly* sort of hang from a roll....
you need to run alex in his n/a bolt-on s2000
*i bet he could beat you

**ill post the story when i get to work... but dont link this thread over there. they will be over here taking a crap on this section in no time

mmyfault, what do you think your car traps now? ball park?

As for being banned earlier, you kinda brought that upon yourself.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:25 AM
STF Veteran

if you really want some fun... come over to srtforums... we dont ban/remove posts/lock over there. see how long you can last........

*i was svtkid on here before i got banned
Only problem over there is I would need a huge backhoe to dig through all the bullshit and find somthing meaningful. You know the **** is thick when guys are posting vids of beating a ZO6 that wasn't racing. I'd rather eat my regurgitated vomit or have my nuts set on fire and put out with a sledgehammer, than waste any more keystrokes with the ricer spinoffs (********, same difference).
Old 07-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
mmyfault, what do you think your car traps now? ball park?

As for being banned earlier, you kinda brought that upon yourself.
i get used to srtforums where the guys have *****... and i forgot that most places cant take any heat.
*ill say it again, its sad when the only place on the net that has ***** is a neon site

if i go to the track this sunday im *hoping* for an 11.8-12.1 @ 120-123 on my regular street tires. i run on the street mostly, so i dont want to put drag radials on and wheel hop my way to a broken axle just for one night at the track. all the cars that have hit 11's have been on slicks, hopefully ill be the first on regular radials.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:39 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

This one first...
if i go to the track this sunday im *hoping* for an 11.8-12.1 @ 120-123 on my regular street tires. i run on the street mostly, so i dont want to put drag radials on and wheel hop my way to a broken axle just for one night at the track. all the cars that have hit 11's have been on slicks, hopefully ill be the first on regular radials.
Good luck, let us nkow how it goes.

i get used to srtforums where the guys have *****... and i forgot that most places cant take any heat.
*ill say it again, its sad when the only place on the net that has ***** is a neon site .
You guys confuse "have *****" with behaving like dumbasses.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm surprised that we haven;t heard from the kid in the red T/A yet...I figured he would be a member here.

Crager...my mods are as follows:

01' WS6 A4. PP Stage II LS6 heads with 59 cc chambers, G5x-3 on 112, PYE 4200, ASP pulley, MTI T/B, MTI tuning, True duals, Pacesetter LT's, Stage 3 4L60E, BMR T/A and LCA's. 3.73 gears, Wolfe 4 point cage, 125 wet shot (currently not hooked up)...The nitrous is not hooked up yet, I'm waiting for my HP tuners to arrive, so that I can get the tune dead nuts on. It is still a little off, and I think that there is a lot left on the table. I'm trying to find a used 9" or 12 bolt right now too. I really don't want to spray it yet with the stock 10 bolt. Although I must say that it has held up pretty good so far. Current numbers before the true duals setup were 448 rwhp. That was with a PYE 3600, Cutout and ET streets running 26 PSI. I'll be going to the MTI dynoday next weekend and see what the new combo makes. I've added a little extra timing and switched to true duals, but I also went up a little on the convertor so it will probally negate any gains that I got from the duals and timing. We'll see what happens.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:00 AM
STF Veteran

The words "*****" and "neons", under no circumstances, belong in the same sentence.

However the phrase "cute car" and "Neon" should always follow hand in hand.