Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

mercedez c32 amg embarasses my ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 06:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mercedez c32 amg embarasses my ss

well after my 03 cobra kills i went down. it happened last night against this chinese kid that was driving a brand new c32 amg mercedez. he was looking for a race so i said sure lets do it, but i thought i would make some money while i am at it. i wanted to do it for 100 dollars and he said to do it for fun so i said no and then after talking for a while we decided to do it for 20 bucks. i wanted to do it from a roll, but he said that rolling isnt a real race and that he wanted to do it from a dead stop. well, i agreed and we went off to locate the spot to race. after driving for about 30 min we finally found a good spot and did it. i thought it was gonna be an easy race so i said the hell with it i didnt heat up my tires or nothing. i have some crappy cooper tires on my weld pro stars so as you can imagine they dont grip at all. 3 honks and we hit it. i launched at 3k rpms and spun all of first gear and part of second gear. at that time he was about 1 car and half ahead of me and as i was trying to reel him in i kept spinning tires in each gear change so by the time we were done he had about one car and a half on me therefore giving me the loss. after this we pulled up and i paid him and he said that he was just boosted to 17 psi and had a chip. that was all. as far as i know those c32's come with 350hp so i figure he had at least 400 hp. on top of that i had my cousing with me (200lbs more) while the china man weighed at about 120lbs. his car weighs 3450lbs and i will admit that those things move fast as hell.
those of you who spot a c32 amg mercedez and are basically stock, you might wanna think twice before you mess with them because they will leave you in the dust. i read somewhere that those things can go high twelves with a pulley swap and they trap around 110mph.
i need tires badly, but either way he did have power to keep me from reeling him in fast. may be this weekend we might do it again from a low mph roll so things might be different although those cars have alot of mph.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

anybody raced one of these? i was just over the mercedes forums and those things put out 400hp and 400ft/lbs tq with just a pulley swap and a chip.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,140 Likes on 740 Posts

Ouch. Some of that Mercedes stuff is quick from what I have read.
Old 07-23-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

I did race my friend stock C32 AMG. I had 348rwhp 363rwtq at that time. We did roll from 20mph to 120mph and he was 3-4 cars behind me at the least. I used to trap almost 112mph though. Im sure the spinning did cost u the race... Get some tires and next time race people for fun... No need for money waste.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:32 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moving to street racing section
Old 07-23-2004, 03:38 PM
Launching!

i raced his cousin. they have the same car with the same mods. i beat his cousin even from a dig. i ran him with my falken tires and everything. i was fishtailing through 3rd and pulled hard when i threw 4th. they are quick from a dig but thats about it.

*oh yea, when i ran the c32 he got a good 3 cars on me by 2nd gear.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice death. I never knew they were that quick.