Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

SRT-4 owners in denial about "Neon"

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about this... the final argument

call auto zone, and try to get a fuel pump for a 95 lt1 Trans am

you will not find it... it is just under the Camaro Z28... mind you most cars are like that there at that hideous and peice of **** place
Old 07-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mmyfault
WTF? gt's are v8's.

nope same platform just different trim. its a V6 myfault. remember
Old 07-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Banned

my title/insurance dont say neon, my car itself doesnt say neon, even dodges website www.dodge.com has the "SRT-4" listed as the car type, not a trim level of the neon. but when i race, you can be darn sure you just lost to a neon!
Old 07-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigBronco
call auto zone
no argument will ever become heated enough to do that. easy now
Old 07-27-2004, 04:38 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 91Formula50
hey buddy does the sxt have the same motor as the srt-4? nope. LMAO ok intercooler boy. for you i'll add it in with the turbo. LMAO trim levels? so your saying the evolution is the same as the lancer. you guys are brilliant
The EVO is a Lancer. "Lancer EVO"

WTF does the engine in the car have to do with what the car is? Answer my questions you dumbass, is my Cummins Diesel Turbo Dodge not a Ram because it comes with an inline 6-cylinder and a turbo (with an intercooler!) when the base model Ram only comes with a weak V6?

Nope. Still a Ram. Should I start referring to my truck as "3500 Turbo" instead? I have to specify turbo or someone might call it a Hemi.

Too bad I can't call my '02 Camaro just an "SS" because someone might mistake that for a Silverado, or a Monte Carlo, or a Lumina. Oh yeah, thats right, its still a Camaro!

You seem to think the SRT-4 is an entirely different vehicle. Its just a modified NEON. HELLOOOOOOO

I should just ban you for ignorance.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:39 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by mmyfault
my title/insurance dont say neon, my car itself doesnt say neon, even dodges website www.dodge.com has the "SRT-4" listed as the car type, not a trim level of the neon. but when i race, you can be darn sure you just lost to a neon!
Thank you for understanding. As for Dodge.com, go ahead and read the very first post here. You will find this on Dodge.com:

https://ls1tech.com/neonsrt4.gif
Old 07-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

WTF does the engine in the car have to do with what the car is? Answer my questions you dumbass, is my Cummins Diesel Turbo Dodge not a Ram because it comes with an inline 6-cylinder and a turbo (with an intercooler!) when the base model Ram only comes with a weak V6?

Nope. Still a Ram. Should I start referring to my truck as "3500 Turbo" instead? I have to specify turbo or someone might call it a Hemi.

Too bad I can't call my '02 Camaro just an "SS" because someone might mistake that for a Silverado, or a Monte Carlo, or a Lumina. Oh yeah, thats right, its still a Camaro!

You seem to think the SRT-4 is an entirely different vehicle. Its just a modified NEON. HELLOOOOOOO

maybe if you knew what you were talking about. the fact you dont and your threatening to ban me proves it
Old 07-27-2004, 04:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Talking

maybe if you knew what you were talking about. the fact you dont and your threatening to ban me proves it
Nah, I don't make threats. Have a nice 3-day vacation, I keep my word you dumbass

BANNED FOR IGNORANCE!
Old 07-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Ban the people who started this thread. LS1 owners/people. If we go into details here, does it say Neon on the car anywhere? No. Does it look the same? Sure, but so does the Chevrolet SS concept and the RX-8 so that makes them the same car too????
Old 07-27-2004, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Born2Drive
Ban the people who started this thread. LS1 owners/people. If we go into details here, does it say Neon on the car anywhere? No. Does it look the same? Sure, but so does the Chevrolet SS concept and the RX-8 so that makes them the same car too????
Another ignorant Neon owner huh?

My girlfriends Trans Am doesn't say Firebird on it anywhere. Guess what, it is still a Firebird.

See that DODGE.com link I posted showing a window sticker from DODGE.com? See the NEON SRT-4 at the top? Boo Hoo, you drive a Neon. How come that is so difficult to understand?

Oh yeah, its because Neons have historically been bitch cars and you guys are ashamed to admit it is a Neon. lol
Old 07-27-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Guess no one notice your window sticker that says "NEON SRT-4". that means it a damn neon to me, just like my car is a Firebird Trans Am WS6. Just admit it you'll feel better, cause your just lying to yourself.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Junkie

hey buddy does the sxt have the same motor as the srt-4? nope. LMAO ok intercooler boy. for you i'll add it in with the turbo. LMAO trim levels? so your saying the evolution is the same as the lancer. you guys are brilliant
HOLY ******* ****... for your sake, please, stop posting. You are making yourself out to be more of a brainless dumb **** after every post. Nope the sxt doesnt have the same motor as the Srt-4.... but guess what, the Base firebird doesnt have the same motor as the trans am. they are still BOTH firebirds. evolution the same as the lancer? I never said that, dont put words in my mouth. you act though, as a lancer... err... THE lancer is something entirely different than the evolution. Which trim level lancer? Huh? The evo isnt the same as a lancer Rs, or whatever the **** it is, but yes, the evolution is the same as the lancer evo... duh... derrr... duh... derrr...

Why cant you understand?
Old 07-27-2004, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Nah, I don't make threats. Have a nice 3-day vacation, I keep my word you dumbass

BANNED FOR IGNORANCE!
Oh man... !!! Nice one Tony, though this guys dumb-fuckness was slightly amusing. I like how he said that you didnt know what you were talking about, when he is the one that obviously had no ******* clue as to which part was his head, and what was his ***...
Old 07-27-2004, 04:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

don't worry, he is banned for ignorance. I think he was one of those rare SRT-4 owners growing a mullet or something.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Teching In

You know i was trying to be the voice of reason i wasnt running around talknig **** all over the place. Same thing happened on the 350 forums i just get caught up in the middle of ****. Yeah i know its a Neon. I said that in my earlier posts. Read them before you start judging me like that. I'm not someone who thinks SRT are superior to all especially not the 750 horsepower one i read about in the forums earlier. Im trying to be quiet not to get banned but i probably will anyway. Said it before and ill say it again same thing happened to me on the 350 forums. Im trying to be the voice of reason and comparing the LS1 to the SRT is apples to oranges.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well holy ****!!!!! This got of hand in a damn hurry!!!!!!
For what it's worth, I'd still have one for a daily driver(that turbo neon, that is).
Old 07-27-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Broken5hift (91Formula50) has the reading comprehension of a rock.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
I'd still have one for a daily driver(that turbo neon, that is).
i would too
Old 07-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Teching In

And then you call us morons...
Old 07-27-2004, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Born2Drive
And then you call us morons...

yes..........